JayandZou

134 questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all.. I have a couple quick questions as I'm sending my fiance my financial forms this week. I am self-employed and well over the 125% of poverty level. I got a letter from my bank (BofA) with my present balance and how long I've been banking etc. However they don't state how much $$ has been deposited in the last year.

1) Do I need to xerox all my bank statements and add my deposits up myself? Or.. do I even need the bank letter if my tax return is over the 125%?

2) It says "in duplicate" on the instructions for the I-134. Do I need to include 2 copies of my tax returns and the bank letter?

3) My fiance is from Morocco. I wonder if I need to send tax returns from 2006 and 2007 as well? Does anyone know about the Casablanca consulate with regards to how many years of returns they need?

Thanks so much!

Jayme

Background

January 30, 2008.....Met when having lunch in a hotel in Tangier, Morocco

April, August, November 2008.....3 trips back to Morocco

December 7, 2008.....Engaged

February 2009.....4th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

May 2009.....5th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

USCIS - 129F Journey

January 10, 2009.....Sent I-129F to CSC

January 14, 2009.....NOA 1

March 19, 2009..... NOA 2

March 30, 2009.....NVC Received

April 1, 2009.....NVC Sent to Casablanca

April 6, 2009..... Arrived at Casablanca Consulate

April 17, 2009....Received Package 3

May 13, 2009.... INTERVIEW in Casablanca. APPROVED!

May 19, 2009..... Visa in Hand

May, 29, 2009.....Zouhir in US

July 18, 2009..... MARRIED :)

AOS Journey

August 10, 2009..... Sent AOS to Chicago

August 12, 2009..... AOS Signed for in Chicago

August 17, 2009..... NOA 1 for AOS, EAD & AP

Sept 16, 2009.....Biometrics completed

Oct 1, 2009... Approval of AOS, EAD & AP

Nov 4, 2009.....AOS appointment - Zouhir Approved for his Green Card

Nov, 18, 2009.....Greencard in Hand!

If your tax transcripts show over the poverty level, you should not need the statements - but since you are self-employed, I would include them.

I would not add them up - they can figure that out themselves.

You will also need your tax transcripts (current tax year, but might as well get 3 years worth)

Yes - everything is "duplicate" for evidence for the I-134

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
If your tax transcripts show over the poverty level, you should not need the statements - but since you are self-employed, I would include them.

You will also need your tax transcripts (current tax year, but might as well get 3 years worth)

Do I need my tax transcripts for this I134? It says only a tax return. I just finished my return so can't I just send my fiance a copy of that? I'm sending in my 2008 taxes tomorrow so I can't imagine they'll have a transcript anytime soon.

As for the last 3 years, do I need them for now or for the AOS interview?

Background

USCIS - 129F Journey

AOS Journey

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Do I need my tax transcripts for this I134? It says only a tax return. I just finished my return so can't I just send my fiance a copy of that? I'm sending in my 2008 taxes tomorrow so I can't imagine they'll have a transcript anytime soon.

You do not need transcripts. Just simple copies of your tax returns. Both with the I-134 and later with the I-864 for the AOS interview is my understanding. It is easy to run off copies of your last 3 years tax returns.

You do not need transcripts. Just simple copies of your tax returns. Both with the I-134 and later with the I-864 for the AOS interview is my understanding. It is easy to run off copies of your last 3 years tax returns.

(tax transcripts are copies of your tax returns)

IF you supply just copies of your tax returns, you will also need to supply the corresponding copies of W-2's/1099's, (supporting evidence).

So if you get the tax transcripts, they include all supporting evidence.

So it's easier, IMO, to get the transcripts, it's easy and takes less than 15 mins from the IRS to fax them direct to you.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

(tax transcripts are copies of your tax returns)

IF you supply just copies of your tax returns, you will also need to supply the corresponding copies of W-2's/1099's, (supporting evidence).

So if you get the tax transcripts, they include all supporting evidence.

So it's easier, IMO, to get the transcripts, it's easy and takes less than 15 mins from the IRS to fax them direct to you.

Thanks. I didn't realize they could fax them. I actually sent an email to Casablanca consulate last night to see if they wanted all 3 years of tax returns and I got the below response.

"Thank you for your e-mail. Please note that an affidavit of support and tax returns are not requested for the fiancé visa petitions."

Regards,

Immigration Visa Unit, Casablanca, Morocco

Isn't that wierd? Perhaps I'll post on the MENA board to get confirmation that they didn't need any financials. Any Morocco people out there that can confirm this?

Background

USCIS - 129F Journey

AOS Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.