darstar

Has anyone had an IMBRA recall AFTER they've interviewed

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was not told that I would be sent an RFE nor have I received an RFE. I am not sure we will be sent an RFE because the cases of my friends whose visa were approved in error after March 06th, 2006 like mine but had gone through thier interviews were not recalled nor were they sent RFEs.

So there may be an issue of Equal Protection because all the K-1 visa petitions approved in error and sent to the embassy are not being treated equally. That is what I think they are grapling with. They might just send these cases back, issue the visas to the 1100 petitions that were recalled and let the foriegn fiances fend for themselves baring an exreme circumstance.

petitions were recalled because they were not compliant with the IMBRA even those scheduled interviews..and even those that had their interviews already but were under 212g and not yet given their visas were recalled. It was clearly stated in the telegram from DOS to the consulate posts that those already issued status (their visas) would not be recalled..hence those ones you mention.

You will be sent an RFE of some description before your petition will be reapproved and sent back to the consulate. Otherwise this was a pretty pointless excercise, wouldnt you think.

Hi, interesting dialogue. I'm still curious if anyone out there who had a march 6 or later recept date, followed by an approved NOA2 which was forwarded to a foreign embassy, and later sent back, apparently due to IMBRA recall, has actually been informed they will receive, or have actually received an IMBRA RFE. Anybody??? :unsure:

The public notice released on June 13th stated all cases submited on/after March 6th would get a RFE.

That´s why I think we (recalled cases) will get one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why else would you be recalled if not to comply with IMBRA? And if they are sending us an RFE in order to comply with IMBRA, most likely so will you.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Why else would you be recalled if not to comply with IMBRA? And if they are sending us an RFE in order to comply with IMBRA, most likely so will you.

But I agree with Mike that it´s strange they reopened our case, touched again and didn´t send the RFE.

What else do they wanna see there?!?!?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Wow. We are in the same category. I got the exact message on June 22nd, 2006 and was touched on June 23rd, 2006. I later called the USCIS on the same day and was told the processing will be completed within 30 days. But they did not say anything about RFE. Hopefully they will just do an IMBRA Criminal background check and send them back to the Embassy. Please keep us informed. This is significant progress. Did you send a request to expedite? I did.

I sent in the request for expedite service in the mail. I have not received anything from them, but it usually takes a week to get something in the mail from them.

IMHO, we have two separate circumstances. Recalled petitions that have already been approved, and petitions not approved yet, getting the RFE. They may handle these 2 different ways, since some have already been approved, and some haven't. Are we not compliant with IMBRA if we have no criminal history, no previous filings, and not used a marriage broker? We singed off on how we met, and they can do the background check themselves. If we have no criminal history, and no previous filings, then why would we not be compliant? The way in which they worded there email makes me believe that maybe they will only send RFE's to those who have a criminal background, or previous filing, and suspisous of a marriage broker. I don't know why they recalled them all, your guess as good as mine. They could have done the RFE's while our case was at the embassy, but you know how organized they are :no: . So in the next week or so we shall see how they will handle us. We are all guessing here, and hopefully that will end this week.

Good Luck to us all!!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.