GueraKristina

Risky gifts to take????

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Ok ok I read it...

No, he is not the only person, there are some Chicanos with attitude towards real Mexicans but not the majority. Besides, the point here is to be the mature side of the argument and just take it as it is, that is coming from uneducated individuals that take their personal frustrations on others...

Besides, to give you some credit, I've seen a huge difference on treatment based on whether the person can speak English fluently or not. I've been treated differently, don't know about others, they see you as their equal or at least not as an illegal that just wants to "steal" THEIR American dream.

agree.. as they say in spanish.. si te dejas, te chingan... there are ways to not let those jack@sses bully you or get money from ya..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ok I read it...

No, he is not the only person, there are some Chicanos with attitude towards real Mexicans but not the majority. Besides, the point here is to be the mature side of the argument and just take it as it is, that is coming from uneducated individuals that take their personal frustrations on others...

Besides, to give you some credit, I've seen a huge difference on treatment based on whether the person can speak English fluently or not. I've been treated differently, don't know about others, they see you as their equal or at least not as an illegal that just wants to "steal" THEIR American dream.

I completely understand your point. Alfredo did take it, but it doesnt mean it didnt make him feel bad. I would probably feel bad too, we are softies on the inside, but we dont show it on the outside, but i understand your point. As for speaking english, alfredo was in mexico, waiting for his I-94, and there was no need to speak english. English, just like any other language takes time to learn, a lot of the americans now can trace their ancestry back to people that did not speak english, but italian, or swedish,or russian or tribal languages, it takes time, some people are not undersanding about that. And i know you are just bringing points to the surface, and they are probably not you own opinions, but alfredo nor any other immigrant coming into the U.S WITH PAPERS LEGALLY is ILLEGAL and they are not STEALING anything from ANYBODY, they are coming into the U.S to better themselves and to be respectable members of society. My understanding of things is that if you take being born in the U.S and like to smear it in other peoples faces, seems like that is all you have that you think is worth showing off. Not being a good person, not being kind, not being helpful, just being able to be in the U.S because they were born her, and they snub other people because they wern't.... real winners i must say. :whistle:

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline
Ok ok I read it...

I completely understand your point. Alfredo did take it, but it doesnt mean it didnt make him feel bad. I would probably feel bad too, we are softies on the inside, but we dont show it on the outside, but i understand your point. As for speaking english, alfredo was in mexico, waiting for his I-94, and there was no need to speak english. English, just like any other language takes time to learn, a lot of the americans now can trace their ancestry back to people that did not speak english, but italian, or swedish,or russian or tribal languages, it takes time, some people are not undersanding about that. And i know you are just bringing points to the surface, and they are probably not you own opinions, but alfredo nor any other immigrant coming into the U.S WITH PAPERS LEGALLY is ILLEGAL and they are not STEALING anything from ANYBODY, they are coming into the U.S to better themselves and to be respectable members of society. My understanding of things is that if you take being born in the U.S and like to smear it in other peoples faces, seems like that is all you have that you think is worth showing off. Not being a good person, not being kind, not being helpful, just being able to be in the U.S because they were born her, and they snub other people because they wern't.... real winners i must say. :whistle:

I have to agree with tavo, speaking english int he embassy or consulate is a great help.. I saw how they treated the spanish speakers compared to the ones who could speak english.. most visa officers are americans too.. so when in Rome..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

. My understanding of things is that if you take being born in the U.S and like to smear it in other peoples faces, seems like that is all you have that you think is worth showing off. Not being a good person, not being kind, not being helpful, just being able to be in the U.S because they were born her, and they snub other people because they wern't.... real winners i must say.

StandingOvation.jpg

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

Well,

I was born in Mexico City and lived there for 11 years and I can tell you this, either he just wants to be pampered and pitied by his girl (which is completely understandable, female love is awesome) or your loved one is prone to be taken advantage of.

I've never been mugged, not because I wasn't about to but because I found a way out; I have NEVER given a bribe, not because it doesn't exist but because it is against my principles and YES I've been mistreated by some Anglos and Chicanos AND Mexicans in Mexico but pretty much I didn't let get the best of me and most importantly coolness of mind B)

Edited by TävôLuDô

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Ok ok I read it...

and how is that people who go to the embassy or consulate want to steal THEIR American Dream???

Seriously, I think that people who see immigrants that way are retarded... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

10/06 - Met online.

01/03/07 - Met in Person and started dating.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

01/05/08 - Got Married!!!

06/24/08 - Applied for I-130, I-485 and I765.

06/30/08 - Notice of Action

07/19/08 - Biometrics Appointment

08/26/08 - Received EAD card

12/29/08 - Letter interview date received in mail

02/23/09 - Interview date!!!----- APPROVED!!!

03/06/09 - Welcome letter in the mail.

03/13/09 - Green Card received in the mail!!

Removing Conditions

01/25/11 - Applied for I-751.

01/27/11 - I-797C, N.O.A issued

01/31/11 - Check cashed

02/04/11 - Received N.O.A

03/14/11 - Biometric appointment issued

03/19/11 - Biometric letter received in the mail

03/28/11 - Biometric appointment date.

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

06/27/11-Approval letter received

07/01/11- Green Card Received

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Timeline
Well,

I was born in Mexico City and lived there for 11 years and I can tell you this, either he just wants to be pampered and pitied by his girl (which is completely understandable, female love is awesome) or your loved one is prone to be taken advantage of.

I've never been mugged, not because I wasn't about to but because I found a way out; I have NEVER given a bribe, not because it doesn't exist but because it is against my principles and YES I've been mistreated by some Anglos and Chicanos AND Mexicans in Mexico but pretty much I blew them with kindness and most importantly coolness of mind B)

LOL

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Ok ok I read it...

agree.. as they say in spanish.. si te dejas, te chingan... there are ways to not let those jack@sses bully you or get money from ya..

Ok pedroh, i agree with you on this one..... but just for the hell of it... tell me how you would handle these situations, .... You are a female, 20 years old, 2 babies at home to feed, your baby's father has left you, so you are the sole supporter of your children. You are attractive and the managers at your factory have noticed. A manager approaches you on many occassions trying to get sexual favors from you, saying that they have money, that they have cars, they have a house, they can get you more money in the job, trying to get you to be his, or atleast sleep with him. You refuse... continuously, but he simply will not leave you alone.... he says if you keep refusing, your going to lose your job, you need that job, this factory pays good money, and as you know jobs are scarce in mexico..... how would u handle that??

Thats corruption right there, you could always just leave, but your kids? do you think it is ok, to simply.... LEAVE because a manager keeps bothering you???? You want to report it, but whos going to believe you???

(happened to a woman that my husband became acquantances with in his factory job in toluca)

2nd) You are a woman, driving in mexico, and you get pulled over by the cops. They check your tags among the other requirments in mexico to drive a car including your license. They ask to see it, you give it to the officer, and he goes back to his car to 'review' things. He comes back and asks you for your license, you said you had just given it to him... he denies it, ... and says that you are driving without a license because you never gave him a license...... says you are going to have problems, like being arressted or having your car taken away because you cant drive it without a license, or the alike if you dont show him your license..... What do you do??? Pay him?? slip him some money????

(happened to a foreign exchange student here at my college, she was born and raised in mexico and told us this story, and says to never EVER give your license to the police because stuff like this can happen)

I agree with you like i said before but when you are put in situations that are difficult, what would we do? Its hard to say you would or wouldnt do something if the situation is desperate enough. And they often are.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

APPROVED!!!!

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline

now you understand the world isn't perfect and nobody is as nice as you both

If people are softies as you call it, others will not only step on your toes but all over you...

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed

Timeline
and how is that people who go to the embassy or consulate want to steal THEIR American Dream???

Seriously, I think that people who see immigrants that way are retarded... :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

I repeat it,

The world isn't like you would like it to be,

Sorry to all of those that believe in John Lennon's "Imagine" and let me break it up to you like this...

It's never going to happen :no: sorry! :D

01/25/13 Check cashed

Timeline
Ok ok I read it...

Ok pedroh, i agree with you on this one..... but just for the hell of it... tell me how you would handle these situations, .... You are a female, 20 years old, 2 babies at home to feed, your baby's father has left you, so you are the sole supporter of your children. You are attractive and the managers at your factory have noticed. A manager approaches you on many occassions trying to get sexual favors from you, saying that they have money, that they have cars, they have a house, they can get you more money in the job, trying to get you to be his, or atleast sleep with him. You refuse... continuously, but he simply will not leave you alone.... he says if you keep refusing, your going to lose your job, you need that job, this factory pays good money, and as you know jobs are scarce in mexico..... how would u handle that??

Thats corruption right there, you could always just leave, but your kids? do you think it is ok, to simply.... LEAVE because a manager keeps bothering you???? You want to report it, but whos going to believe you???

(happened to a woman that my husband became acquantances with in his factory job in toluca)

2nd) You are a woman, driving in mexico, and you get pulled over by the cops. They check your tags among the other requirments in mexico to drive a car including your license. They ask to see it, you give it to the officer, and he goes back to his car to 'review' things. He comes back and asks you for your license, you said you had just given it to him... he denies it, ... and says that you are driving without a license because you never gave him a license...... says you are going to have problems, like being arressted or having your car taken away because you cant drive it without a license, or the alike if you dont show him your license..... What do you do??? Pay him?? slip him some money????

(happened to a foreign exchange student here at my college, she was born and raised in mexico and told us this story, and says to never EVER give your license to the police because stuff like this can happen)

I agree with you like i said before but when you are put in situations that are difficult, what would we do? Its hard to say you would or wouldnt do something if the situation is desperate enough. And they often are.

yea because those are daily situations.. you are talking about extremes.. and generalizations about ALL the country being like that, I don't deny the corruption, but to say it happens to such extremes, everywhere, is a little exaggerated..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Anyone feel free to answer the schenerios i put up there ^^^^,i am anxious to see some responces. Would like to know what people would do in difficult situations since nobody gives bribes or gives in, its only for those who like getting walked on apparently.... :whistle:

APPROVED!!!!

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline

:huh:

That also happens in other parts of the world...and here it come brace yourselves...also in the US.

Come on people wake up, the world is an ugly ugly place :rolleyes: and isn't made for "softies"

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Seriously, I think that people who see immigrants that way are retarded... :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

I repeat it,

Sorry to all of those that believe in John Lennon's "Imagine" and let me break it up to you like this...

Is that your best answer??? :unsure:

10/06 - Met online.

01/03/07 - Met in Person and started dating.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

01/05/08 - Got Married!!!

06/24/08 - Applied for I-130, I-485 and I765.

06/30/08 - Notice of Action

07/19/08 - Biometrics Appointment

08/26/08 - Received EAD card

12/29/08 - Letter interview date received in mail

02/23/09 - Interview date!!!----- APPROVED!!!

03/06/09 - Welcome letter in the mail.

03/13/09 - Green Card received in the mail!!

Removing Conditions

01/25/11 - Applied for I-751.

01/27/11 - I-797C, N.O.A issued

01/31/11 - Check cashed

02/04/11 - Received N.O.A

03/14/11 - Biometric appointment issued

03/19/11 - Biometric letter received in the mail

03/28/11 - Biometric appointment date.

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

06/27/11-Approval letter received

07/01/11- Green Card Received

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Timeline

I repeat it,

Is that your best answer??? :unsure:

YEAP pretty much,

At least it's better than complaining that a mean juarense or American called me a beaner, wetback, illegal etc etc or that a mean cop asked me for $

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed