19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi ArmenianGoddess,

Thanks for your reply. Congratulations on your new baby and on your green card approval too. Wow, I can't believe it took so long for your I-751 to be approved! You certainly deserve it, after 1yr+ of waiting! I agree, enjoy life with your baby now, instead of focusing on the stresses of the USCIS and immigration....

Likewise, I filed before I got pregnant (well, I had another miscarriage a few weeks before I filed and mentioned about that, but then got pregnant again a few months later after I filed and am still pregnant with this baby now). I didn't tell the USCIS about this new pregnancy update either, as I figured they are incompentent enough already, and it would further confuse them if I updated them with such. But yes, like you, if I ever did get called for an RFE and/or an Interview, I would definitely send them more evidence regarding this pregnancy (lol..3D ultrasound photos, medical notes, etc.), and even the birth certificate if that came in time too. Oh well, I'll be ready if they do ask for such, and yes, a pregnancy/baby/child certainly does add "additional proof" to a "genuine marriage/relationship".

Were you stressed out waiting for the green card while you were pregnant? If so, what did you do to help you better handle such?

Lol...as for "don't stress", that's easier said than done, really. Oh well, I'll just keep on "double waiting"... :whistle:

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

Congrats!!! I have the same expiration date..We don't even want to think about the Citizenship right now..kind of enjoying the baby and the stressless life for a while :whistle: ...good luck to all of you who are still waiting :thumbs:

Kind of messed up on my first reply...

To: Ant

We never told the USCIS when I got pregnant either...we filed before I was pregnant and then had a baby boy before I got approved..we thought that we would send the birth certificate in case we got an RFE but we didn't,thank God...the whole I751 journey lasted 13 months and 15 days for us...received the card on April 6th...good luck with your "double waiting" and don't stress!!!

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi ArmenianGoddess,

Thanks for your reply. Congratulations on your new baby and on your green card approval too. Wow, I can't believe it took so long for your I-751 to be approved! You certainly deserve it, after 1yr+ of waiting! I agree, enjoy life with your baby now, instead of focusing on the stresses of the USCIS and immigration....

Likewise, I filed before I got pregnant (well, I had another miscarriage a few weeks before I filed and mentioned about that, but then got pregnant again a few months later after I filed and am still pregnant with this baby now). I didn't tell the USCIS about this new pregnancy update either, as I figured they are incompentent enough already, and it would further confuse them if I updated them with such. But yes, like you, if I ever did get called for an RFE and/or an Interview, I would definitely send them more evidence regarding this pregnancy (lol..3D ultrasound photos, medical notes, etc.), and even the birth certificate if that came in time too. Oh well, I'll be ready if they do ask for such, and yes, a pregnancy/baby/child certainly does add "additional proof" to a "genuine marriage/relationship".

Were you stressed out waiting for the green card while you were pregnant? If so, what did you do to help you better handle such?

Lol...as for "don't stress", that's easier said than done, really. Oh well, I'll just keep on "double waiting"... :whistle:

Congrats!!! I have the same expiration date..We don't even want to think about the Citizenship right now..kind of enjoying the baby and the stressless life for a while :whistle: ...good luck to all of you who are still waiting :thumbs:

Kind of messed up on my first reply...

To: Ant

We never told the USCIS when I got pregnant either...we filed before I was pregnant and then had a baby boy before I got approved..we thought that we would send the birth certificate in case we got an RFE but we didn't,thank God...the whole I751 journey lasted 13 months and 15 days for us...received the card on April 6th...good luck with your "double waiting" and don't stress!!!

Hi,Ant

I agree with you,it is easier said than done,but I am just saying it so you do not stress over it since the baby"s health is more important...honestly,while I was pregnant and waiting for the GC,I did not stress a bit about the green card,it was the last thing on my mind...like you I also had a miscarriage before and I was so into my pregnancy that I didn't even care about anything else,I wanted this baby so bad that I just wanted to be pregnant without any complications...make a long story short,my only concentration and focus was the growth of my belly,lol...take care of yourself and my best wishes to you and your family!!!Good luck!!!

Congratulations on your wife's GC and to your new baby! :dance::dance:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi ArmenianGoddess,

I agree with your both points, saying that it is easier said than done to not worry and that the baby's health is more important than the card. Glad that you didn't have to worry about stressing over the green card, and I wish I had the same strength as you do there. I guess that's just the way I am, more prone to worry about things, and it doesn't help that I have one more thing to worry about now either with this immigration process. Meanwhile, I try to focus on the baby and having a healthy pregnancy too. And yes, I'm very happy about that and am enjoying it, especially that it's a "once in a lifetime" thing for me and I've had complications before. Lol...my belly is growing bigger and bigger each day (maybe a little to big at times, I feel), and the baby is constantly moving around inside of me. It's very entertaining to experience that movement and growth, indeed.

Sorry that you had miscarriages before, and I hope that you were able to overcome that difficult situation. Nevertheless, you don't have to worry about that anymore either, especially more so that you have your new baby boy. Congratulations again on your new baby, and for getting your new green card too. By the way, did you ever submit any evidence about the miscarriages when you submitted the paperwork for your I-751 case?

Hi,Ant

I agree with you,it is easier said than done,but I am just saying it so you do not stress over it since the baby"s health is more important...honestly,while I was pregnant and waiting for the GC,I did not stress a bit about the green card,it was the last thing on my mind...like you I also had a miscarriage before and I was so into my pregnancy that I didn't even care about anything else,I wanted this baby so bad that I just wanted to be pregnant without any complications...make a long story short,my only concentration and focus was the growth of my belly,lol...take care of yourself and my best wishes to you and your family!!!Good luck!!!

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.