8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey guys,

got my I-797C NOA this morning. I assume my alien card is extensed for one after the expiration of my GC. That is, if my GC expires say, June 5th, this extension is valid til June 5th of 2010, correct?

So now what? Do I wait to be scheduled for biometricts appt?

Meanwhile, can they request additional RFE's or the case documentation has been reviewed by now?

How long does it take, on average from filling to receiving 'cleaned' GC?

3dflagsdotcom_croat_2fawm.gif Ana

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif Alex

yes sir,you'll be receiving your ASC appoinment soon for biometrics.You can check the 'immigration timelines'so you will have idea how long it will take for you to receive your 10-year GC.NOA1 is good for 1 year so you can still continue to work and travel and if your application is still pending after your extension letter expires you can make info pass appointment.Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
yes sir,you'll be receiving your ASC appoinment soon for biometrics.You can check the 'immigration timelines'so you will have idea how long it will take for you to receive your 10-year GC.NOA1 is good for 1 year so you can still continue to work and travel and if your application is still pending after your extension letter expires you can make info pass appointment.Good luck!

Thanks. what would we all do w/out ach other on visajourney.com.... :thumbs:

3dflagsdotcom_croat_2fawm.gif Ana

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif Alex

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Alex and Ana,

In answer to your questions:

-Yes, your extension letter extension for your green card for 1 yr, which for you would be from June 5th, 2009, to June 5th, 2010. This extension letter shows your legal status in the USA, and you can travel and have keep/gain employment in the USA with it.

-Next, you wait for your biometrics appointment, which will be a few (3-4) weeks later.

-Yes, they can as for RFEs and Interviews, so be prepared for such at any time.

-Expect to wait as long as 6-12 months (at the VSC, or VSC to CSC transfer) or as long as 3-6 months (at the CSC) for your 10 year green card.

-It's going to be a very long wait! So be prepared for anything...Meanwhile, feel free to post here on VJ too, as you will find many people here who are in the same situation as you are as well....

Hope this helps. Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

Hey guys,

got my I-797C NOA this morning. I assume my alien card is extensed for one after the expiration of my GC. That is, if my GC expires say, June 5th, this extension is valid til June 5th of 2010, correct?

So now what? Do I wait to be scheduled for biometricts appt?

Meanwhile, can they request additional RFE's or the case documentation has been reviewed by now?

How long does it take, on average from filling to receiving 'cleaned' GC?

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations on the I-797C and your assumptions are correct regarding the extension.

The next steps will involve a robust blender.

1. Blend about 2 oz of light rum, 1.5 oz fresh lime juice, 3/4 oz sugar syrup, two cups of ice and some strawberries, bananas or other fruit. Portions are up to the individual practitioner. One shouldn't be a purist about these things.

2. Place this concoction in a chilled glass, possibly with a lime wedge on the side, and consume.

3. Repeat as frequently as you like for the next few weeks until a letter arrives telling you that you have a biometric appointment. Note the date, and resume drinking.

4. On the biometric appointment date, don't drink, go to the site, stand in some lines, meet some nice people, have your fingerprints taken, go home and resume drinking.

5. After anywhere from 3 - 11 months of moderately consistent frozen Daiquiri consumption later (Warning - you don't want to become a habitual drunkard should you wish to naturalize), a letter will arrive telling you that you have been approved. Note this and resume drinking. A few days later another letter will arrive with your green card. Note this and resume drinking.

Congratulations on the I-797C and your assumptions are correct regarding the extension.

1. Blend about 2 oz of light rum, 1.5 oz fresh lime juice, 3/4 oz sugar syrup, two cups of ice and some strawberries, bananas or other fruit. Portions are up to the individual practitioner. One shouldn't be a purist about these things.

2. Place this concoction in a chilled glass, possibly with a lime wedge on the side, and consume.

3. Repeat as frequently as you like for the next few weeks until a letter arrives telling you that you have a biometric appointment. Note the date, and resume drinking.

4. On the biometric appointment date, don't drink, go to the site, stand in some lines, meet some nice people, have your fingerprints taken, go home and resume drinking.

5. After anywhere from 3 - 11 months of moderately consistent frozen Daiquiri consumption later (Warning - you don't want to become a habitual drunkard should you wish to naturalize), a letter will arrive telling you that you have been approved. Note this and resume drinking. A few days later another letter will arrive with your green card. Note this and resume drinking.

:bonk::lol:

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Gerard,

:rofl: ...Now that's what we all should be doing, as there's not much else to do while waiting...

To bad though, I can't 'follow these directions', as I can't drink anything alcholic while pregnant...

Oh well, I'll just continue drinking water.....(though I don't think it has the same effect)....

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby....)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Very interesting advice. :rofl:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.