1,622 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Happened almost the same to me. Originally we planned for her to come to Puerto Rico. That way she could meet my family, the place, etc. I also had a great plan for the BIG QUESTION as I liked to refer to asking her to marry me. But in February her tourist visa got denied. Sad moment indeed. The next day while talking I told her that the way I saw it our date was still on. So I made plans to go to Romania instead. I spent 3 weeks with her. 3 amazing weeks. We acted like a married couple already. Together we took care of her apartment. Even shared the cooking. Went shopping together. Went to parks. Or just walking around.

She even helped me to dress in another way (modern way) hehehehe. I even lost some weight there which I was happy for. Of course I asked the BIG QUESTION which she answer a big YES.

Needless to say.....I miss her a lot. Her eyes.....her voice.........her laughter............everything. I just can't wait to be together again. So lets keep the faith high.

PEACE..............

Edited by Victor&Cory

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Chris and I meet online over 12 months before we meet in person. Though we started really talking November 06, and by Feb 07 we knew we wanted to meet. It took 9 more months from that point till we meet, and till I flew to to the USA on my own. I'll admit after 32 hours in transit (brisbane to LA, 8 a half hours in LA, and then onto DC) I was so tired, and lost as all hell. Washington Dulles is a horrible airport to go to, and they couldnt even get us to an airbridge so we disembarked in the cold at midnight and had to be bussed to the terminal. When I got in the actually terminal I missed seeing Chris waiting at the gate as I was shunted down with everyone else to baggage claim.

Chris called, fearing i had gotten lost as he hadn't seen me come through with everyone else and then managed to walk the longest way around the baggage claim without seeing me, it took me calling out "Not even going to say hello then?" for him to notice me and for our first hug, twas amazing really how a simple hug can be so special, especially after what was 15 months of knowing each other as characters in a game. It took an hour to drive back to DC after I got off the plane, and Ill admit the first thing i did there was shower, but after that we spent 4 hours just sitting together on the couch talking and hugging, and stupidly working up the nerve of that first kiss (isn't odd you can be shy about that when you had already admitted that you loved the person lol), even though I had been awake for almost 40 hours at this point it was still amazing.

I guess we were lucky though, I had just finished Uni the week before (in October) and wasn't starting my new job till January the following year in England, so we spent 2 and half months together and lived a lot of life (weddings, travel and sadly a funeral) truly like we had been together from the day we meet. It was amazing, I have been there so many times now that with him, in DC feels like home, and oddly enough I get more home sick in Australia then I do in DC. Perhaps "home is where the heart is" really is a very true statement.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello fellow VJer's, (I had posted this before but realized I posted in wrong place)

I just wanted to join the April 2009 K-1 Filers. I submitted the paperwork for my fiance on April 1, it was received on April 14, and I received NOA on April 16. I keep feeling as though I'm missing an important piece of information regarding this entire process because everytime I log on to the U.S. Immigration website to check our online status there has been no change just the same old message "received and pending". This is normal right? I mean it can be months before our package even gets touched right? If anyone has any additional advice for me I'd surely appreciate it. Thank you.

At the moment I am working abroad in Iraq supporting our U.S. Military troops and my contract ends in November 2009, so I'm praying that we will have SOME word of even something before then. The only joy I have about this entire thing is that my job affords me a vacation every 4 months (since I work 7 days a week/12 hours a day) allowing me the opportunity to see my love. I touched him for the first time in person March 2009, and will be going back August 2009. Now if only there was word of some kind of action being taken concerning the status of his Visa it would be wonderful.

Good luck to everyone who's holding on.

--Kemi

Chris and I meet online over 12 months before we meet in person. Though we started really talking November 06, and by Feb 07 we knew we wanted to meet. It took 9 more months from that point till we meet, and till I flew to to the USA on my own. I'll admit after 32 hours in transit (brisbane to LA, 8 a half hours in LA, and then onto DC) I was so tired, and lost as all hell. Washington Dulles is a horrible airport to go to, and they couldnt even get us to an airbridge so we disembarked in the cold at midnight and had to be bussed to the terminal. When I got in the actually terminal I missed seeing Chris waiting at the gate as I was shunted down with everyone else to baggage claim.

Chris called, fearing i had gotten lost as he hadn't seen me come through with everyone else and then managed to walk the longest way around the baggage claim without seeing me, it took me calling out "Not even going to say hello then?" for him to notice me and for our first hug, twas amazing really how a simple hug can be so special, especially after what was 15 months of knowing each other as characters in a game. It took an hour to drive back to DC after I got off the plane, and Ill admit the first thing i did there was shower, but after that we spent 4 hours just sitting together on the couch talking and hugging, and stupidly working up the nerve of that first kiss (isn't odd you can be shy about that when you had already admitted that you loved the person lol), even though I had been awake for almost 40 hours at this point it was still amazing.

I guess we were lucky though, I had just finished Uni the week before (in October) and wasn't starting my new job till January the following year in England, so we spent 2 and half months together and lived a lot of life (weddings, travel and sadly a funeral) truly like we had been together from the day we meet. It was amazing, I have been there so many times now that with him, in DC feels like home, and oddly enough I get more home sick in Australia then I do in DC. Perhaps "home is where the heart is" really is a very true statement.

Our first meeting in person was a good four years after having met on WoW. Our intentions during that time were obviously not the same throughout those fours years, but it was one of those lingering friendships that eventually hit the perfect time where both of us were unattached and willing to admit that we were interested in one another.

And it was so very odd indeed to work up the nerve to kiss one another! Haha. It was actually I who kissed him first... and I even did it in a sort of huff, as I recall. He was paying attention to the movie we were watching at the time, and I simply tapped him on the shoulder, surprised him, placed a good ol' kiss on his lips and then asked if he had intended on going through the entire visit without even trying to make a move! Needless to say, that got the ball rolling, hehe.

Hello fellow VJer's, (I had posted this before but realized I posted in wrong place)

I just wanted to join the April 2009 K-1 Filers. I submitted the paperwork for my fiance on April 1, it was received on April 14, and I received NOA on April 16. I keep feeling as though I'm missing an important piece of information regarding this entire process because everytime I log on to the U.S. Immigration website to check our online status there has been no change just the same old message "received and pending". This is normal right? I mean it can be months before our package even gets touched right? If anyone has any additional advice for me I'd surely appreciate it. Thank you.

At the moment I am working abroad in Iraq supporting our U.S. Military troops and my contract ends in November 2009, so I'm praying that we will have SOME word of even something before then. The only joy I have about this entire thing is that my job affords me a vacation every 4 months (since I work 7 days a week/12 hours a day) allowing me the opportunity to see my love. I touched him for the first time in person March 2009, and will be going back August 2009. Now if only there was word of some kind of action being taken concerning the status of his Visa it would be wonderful.

--Kemi

Hi, welcome to the April filers! :dance:

Far as touches go online... outside of our initial NOA1, perhaps maybe a few days following, I don't believe any of us here have seen anything else on our status online. A lot of folks don't even see word of their NOA2 until it's sitting in their mailbox at home. It doesn't seem as if all case workers are as diligent in filing the status online these days, so it's really not a concern.

Were you eligible for military expedite?

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

Our first meeting in person was a good four years after having met on WoW. Our intentions during that time were obviously not the same throughout those fours years, but it was one of those lingering friendships that eventually hit the perfect time where both of us were unattached and willing to admit that we were interested in one another.

And it was so very odd indeed to work up the nerve to kiss one another! Haha. It was actually I who kissed him first... and I even did it in a sort of huff, as I recall. He was paying attention to the movie we were watching at the time, and I simply tapped him on the shoulder, surprised him, placed a good ol' kiss on his lips and then asked if he had intended on going through the entire visit without even trying to make a move! Needless to say, that got the ball rolling, hehe.

--Kemi

Far as touches go online... outside of our initial NOA1, perhaps maybe a few days following, I don't believe any of us here have seen anything else on our status online. A lot of folks don't even see word of their NOA2 until it's sitting in their mailbox at home. It doesn't seem as if all case workers are as diligent in filing the status online these days, so it's really not a concern.

I didn't even know a such thing as military expedite existed. I hate being away from home too cause I have to always call back home and ask my family if any important mail has come for me. Am I allowed to call the Service Center and ask any questions since I'm currently overseas in Iraq?

Timeline

--Kemi

Thanks for the mention of the "military expedite" i just went to the USCIS website and did some reading about this matter. I plan to give them a call later today to see if we qualify. Hopefully, I'll get a positive answer.

I try not to think much about this whole thing as it only makes me sad. I decided today to logon here and see how things were coming along for other fellow VJer's and that's when I saw that an acquaintance of mine who had travelled to Africa in November '08, filed in December '08 (at the VSC) and now her honey's Visa was approved in June. Seems like it didn't take long for them at all. I feel like we've been waiting forever. I had talked to a USCIS Rep. back in April and they had told us that we could still file for a Tourist Visa while waiting but when my fiance' got his interview he was advised he could not get a Tourist Visa while waiting for a K-1 Visa and was told to just keep waiting. I had hoped that he would get the Tourist Visa so that we could vacation together in the States in August. So since his request for the Tourist visa was declined, I'm going home to Africa for vacation in August to be with him instead.

I had noticed that when I was completing the packet they had asked if I was serving in the military but I'm not military so I didn't check this box. However, I work as a contractor serving the U.S. military here in Iraq. I didn't list my overseas address because I didn't want any paperwork to get lost should something be mailed to me, and I'm glad I didn't list my APO address now because I just got transferred from Southern Iraq to Baghdad on June 20. Things change so much around here, that's why I keep all my mail coming to my address in the States and just keep in touch with my kids as to whether I've received any important mail.

Although I'm not an actual military service member, I still plan to ask the question because I support every branch of our U.S. troops and am in harms way just as they are (i.e., motar attacks). It's worth asking

Thanks again for replying and for your feedback.

Timeline

Welcome to the brotherhood my friend. This is a long process and no wonder is considered the worst. Waiting for God knows how much time to see your loved one is not easy to swallow. In my case I can't take any more vacation time this year. I work in construction as a project manager and my next project will start in about a month so they will simply not let me go on vacation. We have then to until she gets here (God please helps us). Anyway.....we have to wait still.

Again welcome to the bunch. And please take care of yourself over there. Ok?

PEACE............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

event.png

Thanks for the mention of the "military expedite" i just went to the USCIS website and did some reading about this matter. I plan to give them a call later today to see if we qualify. Hopefully, I'll get a positive answer.

I try not to think much about this whole thing as it only makes me sad. I decided today to logon here and see how things were coming along for other fellow VJer's and that's when I saw that an acquaintance of mine who had travelled to Africa in November '08, filed in December '08 (at the VSC) and now her honey's Visa was approved in June. Seems like it didn't take long for them at all. I feel like we've been waiting forever. I had talked to a USCIS Rep. back in April and they had told us that we could still file for a Tourist Visa while waiting but when my fiance' got his interview he was advised he could not get a Tourist Visa while waiting for a K-1 Visa and was told to just keep waiting. I had hoped that he would get the Tourist Visa so that we could vacation together in the States in August. So since his request for the Tourist visa was declined, I'm going home to Africa for vacation in August to be with him instead.

I had noticed that when I was completing the packet they had asked if I was serving in the military but I'm not military so I didn't check this box. However, I work as a contractor serving the U.S. military here in Iraq. I didn't list my overseas address because I didn't want any paperwork to get lost should something be mailed to me, and I'm glad I didn't list my APO address now because I just got transferred from Southern Iraq to Baghdad on June 20. Things change so much around here, that's why I keep all my mail coming to my address in the States and just keep in touch with my kids as to whether I've received any important mail.

Although I'm not an actual military service member, I still plan to ask the question because I support every branch of our U.S. troops and am in harms way just as they are (i.e., motar attacks). It's worth asking

Thanks again for replying and for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I know little about it so I can't be of much use in that department, outside knowing that such a thing does exist. Hopefully it can be of some use to you and your loved one.

It is unfortunate that you're stuck at VSC with the rest of us, haha. :dance:

02/10/2012 - Touch.

09/21/2012 - Touch.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Now that the time line dates for the NOA2 is being pushed into October, I'm realizing that Katelyn will be away in the UK for 3 months and I'm wondering if these is any paperwork I should get off her before she leaves home. I have the copy already made of everything I originally sent off - I know I'll need an updated letter of intent from her stating she still wants to proceed with the visa process but apart from that I don't know if I would need her signature on anything or any documents from her before she leaves?

She will be doing a lot of traveling and generally won't be in any one particular location for me to contact via mail if i should need her to sign. I figure if I prepare in advance then that won't be an issue!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Isn't this wait so much fun :P

04/13/2009 - I-129F petition sent to VCS

04/22/2009 - NOA1 hard copy received

08/21/2009 - Touched

08/21/2009 - NOA2

Now that the time line dates for the NOA2 is being pushed into October, I'm realizing that Katelyn will be away in the UK for 3 months and I'm wondering if these is any paperwork I should get off her before she leaves home. I have the copy already made of everything I originally sent off - I know I'll need an updated letter of intent from her stating she still wants to proceed with the visa process but apart from that I don't know if I would need her signature on anything or any documents from her before she leaves?

She will be doing a lot of traveling and generally won't be in any one particular location for me to contact via mail if i should need her to sign. I figure if I prepare in advance then that won't be an issue!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Isn't this wait so much fun :P

Which of you is the USC?

If she is the USC, you will need an updated letter of intent, as you stated, and all of the documents that are needed to correspond with the I-134 that you will be taking with you to the interview in order to prove her ability to support you in the States. Any updated proof of ongoing relationship that you intend to bring along with you to the interview, if you already want to start organizing all of that, etc.

Outside of financial documentation, the legwork from here on out is on your end.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

09/21/2012 - Touch.

Victor, how do you know exactly what files VSC approved and how many per week, etc? Not that I need one more thing to check obsessively, but my curiosity is getting the best of me, haha.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

09/21/2012 - Touch.

Timeline

Igor's list shows the NOA 2 date of those approved. Since it also shows their NOA 1 date you can compare how much time their petition took. Here is the link. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

It first shows CSC but you can switch to VSC. Note that the list shows those VJ members who have created their timeline also those who have their's updated. It doesn't show the complete number of cases.

Don't get obsesse with it like I do. hehehehehe

Edited by Victor&Cory

event.png

Timeline

Well.....I know that maybe I haven't earned the right to complain about this process. Many have been waiting longer than me. But at least I can pray. So "God, please, help us in this waiting game. Help us to walk this road till the very end so that we can be reunited with our loved ones. If anyone can make this happen is You. We have faith in that we will make it through this with Your help."

I've learned that you don't ask God for strength, but for the opportunity to be strong.

PEACE.............

Edited by Victor&Cory

event.png

Timeline

Come on my friends!!!!!!!! Lets show some faith around here. Soon it will be our turn to celebrate. ^_^ Good morning to all of you!!!!!!!!

PEACE............

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.