aserene20

administrative process at islamabad embassy

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello everyone..

the thing that i was dreading the most happened:((((((( i feel soo down and depressed right now ..well my husband had his interview today and was given the green slip and was told that he was being put on administrative processing...well i just dont know what could be the reason?? im just getting so fed up with this whole thing...can someone please tell me is there is anything that i could do ...i know everyone is going to say JUST WAIT...but im getting very impatient...had my first baby without my husband...:( and was hoping that he'd make it soon with us...but i guess not..:( someone please tell me what can i do:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
hello everyone..

the thing that i was dreading the most happened:((((((( i feel soo down and depressed right now ..well my husband had his interview today and was given the green slip and was told that he was being put on administrative processing...well i just dont know what could be the reason?? im just getting so fed up with this whole thing...can someone please tell me is there is anything that i could do ...i know everyone is going to say JUST WAIT...but im getting very impatient...had my first baby without my husband...:( and was hoping that he'd make it soon with us...but i guess not..:( someone please tell me what can i do:(

i dont know what to tell u to do but i will add u to my prayers i hope it goes fast for u....... (F)

sara

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hello everyone..

I'm sorry to hear that, but unfortunately pretty much all the males get put on AP from Islamabad and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. However, on a positive note, it appears some of the males are clearing AP much faster in recent months, but most will say the average is still around 6 months. Are you able to go stay with him while his visa is being processed?

Timeline
hello everyone..

I'm sorry to hear that, but unfortunately pretty much all the males get put on AP from Islamabad and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. However, on a positive note, it appears some of the males are clearing AP much faster in recent months, but most will say the average is still around 6 months. Are you able to go stay with him while his visa is being processed?

thanks for your concern fahad...but can someone plz tell me how long is the AP time that they are using for pakistani nationals?? i mean i know with all the things going on in pakistan ..:( which is unfortunate but i just want to be with my husband and thats all:( im having the biggest melt down right now...:( feel like crying:( well when should i call the congressman if i have to ?? or to call dept of state??? when should i do all this or do anything...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
hello everyone..

thanks for your concern fahad...but can someone plz tell me how long is the AP time that they are using for pakistani nationals?? i mean i know with all the things going on in pakistan ..:( which is unfortunate but i just want to be with my husband and thats all:( im having the biggest melt down right now...:( feel like crying:( well when should i call the congressman if i have to ?? or to call dept of state??? when should i do all this or do anything...

im sorry to hear so

did they ever told him when he should have his visa ?

when they give a timeline for it and this time passed ..so u should consider calling or contacting ur congressman

AP vary from a week to 6 months ...some are more ..depending no doubt on the country, his name and his background

so try to find out wht they told him exactly it will be much help so u know when exactly u start to move if they keep it for long time

Good Luck and dont be sad .

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline

sorry to hear about ur husband ,,,,my husband was put on AP since his interview on sep 16th 2008..i have wrote an email to my Congressman on march 2nd 2008 and he put inquiry about the case and got the same reply i normaly get from DOS ,i called congressman again on march 26 requesting updates ,nothing new same old thing AP ,unfortunatly nothing can be done to speed AP..

be strong and patient ,ur AP may end soon INSHAALLAH

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Timeline

Hey, sorry to hear abt ur AP. We just started the process and I am anticipating a very looong time from now until we get to the interview and then AP. It's so sad, but you have to think your on the last leg of this terrible journey. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, theres ppl on here whos husbands have been on AP for more than a year! InshAllah everything will be all complete after AP and he will be home with you. Now listen, you should go to this topic, and add your name to the AP tracker spreadsheet, it helps keep track of all the ppl on AP and see how long it usually takes. Take care...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello All!

My case is little different than what are mentioned in this thread. We (Myself, my wife and two kids) were interviewed on 5th nov. 08. and gave the AP blue paper. Mine and kids visa was stamped in Feb'09 where as the date of stamped was put as 30-DEC-08. Whereas I have no clue about my wife's visa. It is still under AP and waiting...

Now the real question whose answer I didn't have. According to the date of Stamp of visa I have to travel by 30-JUN-09. The problem is that I can travel but my kids can't without their mother. so What will happened to their visa if they will not travel by 30/6/09. How their visa will be treated if it is expired before their traveling. Please suggest me what to do right now. I've called couple of times to the embassy but every time same answer. They don't know when the AP will be completed. I am on F-4 Visa category being a principal beneficiary.

Please Help and Suggest...

Timeline
hello everyone..

That really sucks........But unfortunately there is no way out,just pray that it end soon.

Best of luck

ur in my prayers

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Hello All!

My case is little different than what are mentioned in this thread. We (Myself, my wife and two kids) were interviewed on 5th nov. 08. and gave the AP blue paper. Mine and kids visa was stamped in Feb'09 where as the date of stamped was put as 30-DEC-08. Whereas I have no clue about my wife's visa. It is still under AP and waiting...

Now the real question whose answer I didn't have. According to the date of Stamp of visa I have to travel by 30-JUN-09. The problem is that I can travel but my kids can't without their mother. so What will happened to their visa if they will not travel by 30/6/09. How their visa will be treated if it is expired before their traveling. Please suggest me what to do right now. I've called couple of times to the embassy but every time same answer. They don't know when the AP will be completed. I am on F-4 Visa category being a principal beneficiary.

Just an update, Ive finally received the call on 4th May'09 for submission of my wife's passport. So im little bit relaxed now...The time taken for her AP is exactly 6 months.

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello All!

Just an update, Ive finally received the call on 4th May'09 for submission of my wife's passport. So im little bit relaxed now...The time taken for her AP is exactly 6 months.

:thumbs:

please complate ur timelines and provide us wz data like wht embassy u were at ...type of visa ..etc ..tht will help us alot

congratulation tht u finally out of AP

Good Luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline

sorry to hear about all this...they seem to be giving a lot of aggravation to many Pakistanis. I hope you get thru this process, and my prayers are with you.

[b]USCIS:[/b]
[color="#006400"]Filed I-130[/color]: Sept 10, 2007
[color="#006400"]NOA1 receipt:[/color] Jan 22, 2008
[color="#006400"]Able to check status online:[/color] Feb 22, 2008
[color="#006400"](fake) Automated Touches:[/color] Feb 22, 2008, Jan 14, 2009, April 26, 2009 (a fake SUNDAY touch)
[color="#006400"][b]Sued USCIS (writ of mandamus): May 6. 2009[/b][/color]
[color="#006400"]NOA2: I-130 and I129 Approved:[/color] June 18. 2009

[b]NVC:[/b]
[color="#006400"]NVC forwarded I-129 to the Islamabad embassy, case number assigned:[/color] July 8. 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC assigned case number to I-130; fee request sent to lawyer:[/color] July 14. 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS bill received from NVC:[/color] July 20, 2009
[color="#006400"]K3 (I129) interview/medical exam forms received by spouse abroad:[/color] July 18, 2009 (Not pursued any further)
[color="#006400"]AOS and IV bill paid: [/color] July 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC sent request for AOS documents:[/color] Aug 19, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents mailed to NVC:[/color] Sept 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents received by NVC:[/color] Sept 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]Case complete at NVC:[/color] Oct 08, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date assigned on: [/color]Oct 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date at Islamabad:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Approved:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Arrival at USA:[/color] Nov 13, 2009
[color="#006400"]Received green card in mail:[/color] Dec 24, 2009

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
hello everyone..

Hi, i feel your pain. I am currently going through the same situation. We had our interview on January 9th 2009, and i am still waiting. I am due any day now with our first baby, and i am having to do it with out my husband as well. We are praying we hear something within the average of 6 months, Inshallah Allah will do whats best for all of us.

Timeline
hello everyone..

Hi, i feel your pain. I am currently going through the same situation. We had our interview on January 9th 2009, and i am still waiting. I am due any day now with our first baby, and i am having to do it with out my husband as well. We are praying we hear something within the average of 6 months, Inshallah Allah will do whats best for all of us.

Hello !

I can relate to how you feel , thou my husband has not had his interview yet !

Is their any way you can visit your husband. It has to very hard on him not seeing his baby yet. I'm hopeing to visit my husband in the fall.

Inshaallah your husband will be with you soon. My prayers are with you !

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Timeline
hello everyone..

Hello !

I can relate to how you feel , thou my husband has not had his interview yet !

Is their any way you can visit your husband. It has to very hard on him not seeing his baby yet. I'm hopeing to visit my husband in the fall.

Inshaallah your husband will be with you soon. My prayers are with you !

Yeah it is definitely hard on him as well not being here for the delivery or being the first to hold the baby. its a very bleh situation. what can you do though. Allah knows whats best. He want me to have the baby and come stay in pakistan till his visa processing goes through. Im praying that before i have to travel with a infant, we hear something with the embassy.inshALLAH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.