mox

Okay, dammit...

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
She was extremely happy. :dance: And as she said in an email after we spoke on Skype,

At the moment the real date is based only on average processing times from now to interview. As soon as I find out her interview date then we will know the 'real' date. But why quibble. Back when I first sent my application the average processing times from NOA1 to NOA2 was right around where my actual occurred - 135 days.

So after I finish sending everything off to her in early May I will then direct my attention to what will be necessary for AOS, EAD, AP, and the I-864. Briefly looking at the forms last night there is nothing that seems to present any problem there. I'm sure I'll have a few questions.

Congrats! it is so exciting to get this stuff moving forward... don't stress about the process :) It can take longer or shorter than average, but either way you just keep your eye on the prize, right?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hey! Can I post here too? Lars and I lived in Russia for a while and he speaks fluent Russian and has interviewed for another job there.....

Of course! And welcome! What were you doing in Russia? What area?

Ahhh.....a lovely little village WAY up north, about 45 minutes from the border of Finland, in the Karelian Forest - Suojarvi. My mom and I visited Lars there for a few weeks when he was there working two years ago. We didn't end up living there because there wasn't any western style housing there, no running water, indoor plumbing, that sort of thing, except at the "hotel" that we were staying in. Lars was there for about 6 months. He was working there for a Danish company that has recently bought out the Russian timber company.

I was able to do things and see things that I had never, ever seen or done before (since I'm from the south ya'll). I saw a TON of snow, walked on frozen lakes, ate ice cream in the winter time.....it was such a great trip.

We drove from St. Petersburg to Petrozavodsk and then on to Suojarvi. It was so much fun driving across that part of Russia and seeing how different it was from St. Petersburg. It was like being in a time warp, sort of. In the region of Karelia, a lot of that area is very poor and rural. It was fun to visit there and really makes me appreciate every little thing that I have here.

LOVED St. Petersburg and will go back as soon as we can!

That sounds like a nice adventure! Did the people without running water end up doing a boiler system for bathing, etc? I've always wanted to see that system in action.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Hey! Can I post here too? Lars and I lived in Russia for a while and he speaks fluent Russian and has interviewed for another job there.....

Of course! And welcome! What were you doing in Russia? What area?

Ahhh.....a lovely little village WAY up north, about 45 minutes from the border of Finland, in the Karelian Forest - Suojarvi. My mom and I visited Lars there for a few weeks when he was there working two years ago. We didn't end up living there because there wasn't any western style housing there, no running water, indoor plumbing, that sort of thing, except at the "hotel" that we were staying in. Lars was there for about 6 months. He was working there for a Danish company that has recently bought out the Russian timber company.

I was able to do things and see things that I had never, ever seen or done before (since I'm from the south ya'll). I saw a TON of snow, walked on frozen lakes, ate ice cream in the winter time.....it was such a great trip.

We drove from St. Petersburg to Petrozavodsk and then on to Suojarvi. It was so much fun driving across that part of Russia and seeing how different it was from St. Petersburg. It was like being in a time warp, sort of. In the region of Karelia, a lot of that area is very poor and rural. It was fun to visit there and really makes me appreciate every little thing that I have here.

LOVED St. Petersburg and will go back as soon as we can!

That sounds like a nice adventure! Did the people without running water end up doing a boiler system for bathing, etc? I've always wanted to see that system in action.

I don't know what they did. I can tell you that the hotel had running water - it was a brownish red color so we didn't drink it, but showered and washed up in it. We saw people of all ages pulling sleds with big old fashioned looking milk cans on them, to and from the community well. We could talk to some of the local people but they did not invite us into their homes. We met almost everyone either at the factory or at the hotel.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Right now it's running about 11 weeks from NOA2 to interview. Last week in June sounds about right. Mark it on your calendar...in pencil. :)

We'll make our final decision after she receives her interview date. I mentioned to her I thought it might be a good idea for me to come in the middle of August since her birthday is on the 15th and her son's is on the 21st.

I know the value of writing things in pencil as my profession only uses ink for signing things! :thumbs:

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well let me see. I met Oksana in New York and when she went back to Russia I was heartbroken. So I followed her there this past Christmas and proposed. We filed in February and now rather impatiently I await approval.

As a side note it I am not the stalker that it may sound like.

Lee.gif

Stalker? I like to think of it as a really intense following.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Stalker? I like to think of it as a really intense following.

That is exactly what I said to the cops.

Lee.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Stephen Lynch: Rae Dawn Chong.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

My Korea-senses kicked in and I heard Rae Dong Chong, a pretty common-sounding Korean name.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Olga and I are waiting for the visa interview, scheduled thursday, 9 April in Moscow. She and her daughter have already done the medical and are just awaiting the visa approval. If all goes well they should be heading here to the states on the 29 April. Nervous, thats where I am at at the moment, everything seems to be going okay, but it is just the normal feeling you get before a life changing event is in the balance of someone else deciding if you are worthy and if everything is as it says it is!!!

Filed: Timeline
Olga and I are waiting for the visa interview, scheduled thursday, 9 April in Moscow. She and her daughter have already done the medical and are just awaiting the visa approval. If all goes well they should be heading here to the states on the 29 April. Nervous, thats where I am at at the moment, everything seems to be going okay, but it is just the normal feeling you get before a life changing event is in the balance of someone else deciding if you are worthy and if everything is as it says it is!!!

You'll be fine. ;) And the real worrying and sweating starts about a week before she's supposed to step off the plane. Right now you're just amateur worrying. :)

Best of luck to you both!!

Timeline
I will admit my ignorance. I don't get the Stephen Lynch: Rae Dawn Chong reference. Will someone fill me in?

Stephen Lynch is a comedian. He wrote a song called "Opie's Lament," about Rae Dawn Chong.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/R-D...8256FB000065926

My "persistence" didn't quite make it to that level. It was a pretty funny song though.

Lee.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.