6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I recently married an American citizen and sent in all the forms. On the I-485, it asked when the last time I entered the US was and if I was "inspected". For someone reason I thought inspected meant that they pulled me over and searched me. But after reading some blogs, I learned, I think, that it just means that I entered legally (ie showed my passport and student visa). Now, I was "inspected" in this sense, and it is clear from my I-95 (which is stamped). Will this cause any problems or delay my application?

This is such a frustrating process! I read the forms a million times, read everything on line that I could, called the USCIS for help a dozen times, but still feel like I didn't get it right. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much

Gaita

Hi,

I recently married an American citizen and sent in all the forms. On the I-485, it asked when the last time I entered the US was and if I was "inspected". For someone reason I thought inspected meant that they pulled me over and searched me. But after reading some blogs, I learned, I think, that it just means that I entered legally (ie showed my passport and student visa). Now, I was "inspected" in this sense, and it is clear from my I-95 (which is stamped). Will this cause any problems or delay my application?

This is such a frustrating process! I read the forms a million times, read everything on line that I could, called the USCIS for help a dozen times, but still feel like I didn't get it right. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much

Gaita

Don;t worry! and relax. People do make mistakes all the time. You'll be ok as you can always correct this info at the time of your AOS interview . You have your passport as a proof . If you really being paranoid , make an infopass appointment and tell them of this error. You can't mail any stuff to USCIS now, regarding your filled i-485, unless they would ask for any info in a RFE.

Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah... You gotta love that 'inspected' line. Of course officer, they STRIP SEARCHED me right there in the airport! I'm USDA Choice!

I really don't think this is much to worry about. If it's in your passport, then you were really 'inspected' according to procedure.

If you came across the border in the back of a semi with 96 other people, then you wouldn't have been inspected, and then you'd have something to be concerned about.

Yes Red Foreman, call me a dumbass

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
If you came across the border in the back of a semi with 96 other people, then you wouldn't have been inspected, and then you'd have something to be concerned about.

Too funny :)

Anyway-

We were concerned about that as well, so we called customs and borders in Washinton DC to get clarification.

The cause of concern? At the Champlain NY land crossing, they RARELY, and I mean rarely stamp the passport.

In 34 trips, (I'm a USC) I was only stamped twice! My wife has only been stamped once.

Anyway, they said it wouldn't be a problem, inspected means you saw a cusotms inspector,

and they allowed you to cross, with or without a passport stamp.

Edited by someitguy

AOS married to USC Filed to Chicago lockbox 130 131 765 485 4/10

Day 01-RD 4/25 - ND 4/25

Day 08-FP Notice 5/03

Day 15-FP BIO3 5/06

Day 23-LUD 130,131,765,485-5/18

Day 29-LUD 130,131,765,485-5/24

Day 36-RFE for i-485 5/31

Day 43-Mailed RFE 6/7

Day 54 6/18 Email from USCIS RFE RD 6/16

Day 55 LUD 485 6/19

Day 57 LUD 485 6/21

Day 76 LUD 131, 765 7/10

Day 77 EAD approved email 7/11

Day 81 EAD CARD REC'd !! 7/15

Applied for Social Security 7/21/06 - Re'd 8/25/06

Day 91 LUD 485 130 765 131 7/25/06

Day 93 LUD 485 130 765 131 7/27/06

Infopass appointment made 7/27, earliest date 8.10 @ 1PM

Infopass found that NBC lost our 131 photos, it was approved on 7/10!

They are using 485 photos to process the 131 and should have sent it

out to us on 8/11 --- RECEIVED AP 8/18 !! whoohoo

Appointment notice rec'd 7/28, GC interview 9/19 @ 1PM

APPROVED, given a 1 year stamp - told the card would be mailed right away :)

Rec'd 2yr conditional GC 10 days after interview :)

Filed: Timeline

Too funny :)

Anyway-

We were concerned about that as well, so we called customs and borders in Washinton DC to get clarification.

The cause of concern? At the Champlain NY land crossing, they RARELY, and I mean rarely stamp the passport.

In 34 trips, (I'm a USC) I was only stamped twice! My wife has only been stamped once.

Anyway, they said it wouldn't be a problem, inspected means you saw a cusotms inspector,

and they allowed you to cross, with or without a passport stamp.

Thanks everyone! You made me feel so much better! Much appreciated

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You will be fine! :thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.