xbitterduskx

I-134 question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Forgive me if this has been asked a million times :blush:

I'm working on grabbing the last parts of the affidavit of support evidence. My step dads a co-sponsor. The London embassy website asks for:

-----------------------------------

* notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;

* a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

* a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;

* any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability to carry out his or her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be an indefinite period of time.

----------------------------------

Is the bank letter only for those using the bank assets as part of meeting the requirement? Or is it needed for everyone? He'd rather not disclose any banking info, but will if needed. I'm just curious if not sending it would cause a problem.

For the record...I plan on using (for the both of us) 3 year tax transcripts, copy of 2008 w2s, employment letters, and some pay stubs.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

*Touched*: 2009-03-04

(change of address)

*touched*: 2009-03-05

*touched AGAIN* 2009-03-10

*touched* 2009-03-11

*touched* 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NVC forwarded our stuff to London: 2009-03-16

London gets it: 2009-03-16 (same day apparently, weird?)

Martin receives pkt 3 2009-03-30

Interview: 2009-06-26 .........APPROVED!

Martin comes here: August 4th 2009 :D

Wedding: 2009-9-19

My parents were iffy about bank info too, your dad can write a letter to the bank asking for all of the stuff that instructions askfor, but he can put in BOLD that he doesnt want his account number on the letter that they return to him with the requested information. That way, immigration gets what they want/need, and your dad can be more comfortable, and you can get your approval.

The reason why they ask for bank info is because the whole point of the I-134 is to prove that the fiance will not become a public charge. They need to make sure that if you cant make the money, that someone can give it to the intending immigrant so that they will not become a public charge, thus thats why they ask for the bank info.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
My parents were iffy about bank info too, your dad can write a letter to the bank asking for all of the stuff that instructions askfor, but he can put in BOLD that he doesnt want his account number on the letter that they return to him with the requested information. That way, immigration gets what they want/need, and your dad can be more comfortable, and you can get your approval.

The reason why they ask for bank info is because the whole point of the I-134 is to prove that the fiance will not become a public charge. They need to make sure that if you cant make the money, that someone can give it to the intending immigrant so that they will not become a public charge, thus thats why they ask for the bank info.

Yeah, I told him that he could put it in an envelope and seal it if he wanted. I think he's more concerned with me seeing his balance and stuff, rather than the government. Money is a very private thing to him. But like I said, he's willing to do it, was just wondering if it were completely necessary :)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

*Touched*: 2009-03-04

(change of address)

*touched*: 2009-03-05

*touched AGAIN* 2009-03-10

*touched* 2009-03-11

*touched* 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NVC forwarded our stuff to London: 2009-03-16

London gets it: 2009-03-16 (same day apparently, weird?)

Martin receives pkt 3 2009-03-30

Interview: 2009-06-26 .........APPROVED!

Martin comes here: August 4th 2009 :D

Wedding: 2009-9-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.