The_Dude

The Annoying Co-Worker Thread

392 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whoa! She sounds completely crazy! Good thing you have emails of her accusing you and have approached your boss about this. What the hell?? blink.gif

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

That is effing insane. I've heard about similar situations from friends. One friend ended up at a personnel review because it was just him and his colleague and nobody to corroborate his defense. I would put in a complaint against her immediately. If this woman breathes a word of it to any of your colleagues, you will have a case for liable or slander depending upon who and how she communicates it. You would do well to be proactive about this and get ahead of any sort of possible complaint she could levy. Good luck, and please do keep us informed. I started this thread for comedic value, but in this instance, I think an annoying co-worker could teach us all something.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you guys.

This is a really sick way to phrase it, because I wish that this entire situation did not happen, but I am really glad that this crazy coworker decided to take her insanity over email. And she sent it to my official work email too, so the big bosses have to intervene. I made sure to also forward the email to my own supervisor and to another coworker who also has to deal with her for night classes. I am also extremely fortunate that I have ties to the college -- the big big boss and admin staff all know me, so they did not believe that I could possibly be verbally abusive or have a mental breakdown. I can just imagine how this situation could have turned out if I were a new hire from overseas who knew no one in the campus.

Anyway a bit more background on the situation. During the regular semester, I teach part time at the main campus. But for this summer session, I am teaching at a satellite campus that is shared by other local colleges. This coworker is our college's personnel in that satellite campus. She has worked there part time for 2 years and have never really had to deal with the bosses. Basically, she comes as she pleases and sets the labs for the faculty that teach there once in a while.

Apparently this same coworker has had MAJOR issues with other personnel in the other colleges that run this satellite campus. When this craziness came out, I immediately confided to the main admin supervisor of the satellite campus. And to my surprise, I was told situations similar to this have happened before, and this coworker has shown aggressive, troubling behavior in the past. But no one has filed an official complaint against her because her actions could not be documented, and so my big bosses were unaware of all of it.

But when news of what happened to me came out, one by one, the personnel that she has crossed all came out to talk to me. This was really good for me because I was pretty depressed, and I was worried that they will believe her over me, so stories that corroborate what I experienced certainly helps my case. The main admin supervisor even set a meeting with me and basically said (in a much more eloquent way) that they are very happy that her crazy behavior has been exposed as they have been praying for her to move out of the satellite campus.

Anyway the big bosses had a meeting with her today. I chose to remain at home even though I should have come to work to finish grading (I marked 30 scantron sheets by hand than face her in campus). I will find out Tuesday what happens. I am worried that they let her go, because she will think that I had her fired and she might actually kill -- no joke, she scares me. And Im also really concerned that she might actually be moved to the main campus, because I work there and therefore will have constant interaction with her.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

OK, maybe someone can explain this to me. Why are women so passive aggressive with each other at work? I see it all the time. The latest episode is that a woman recently got her hair cut very very short. She used to have long hair, down about 6 inches below her shoulders. It looked nice then, and It looks nice now, just a bit of an adjustment. Well, she got the haircut over the weekend and now there are rumors that she's aparently getting divorced and or a lesbian now. None of which are true. Seriously, guys don't do this. So what gives? :huh:

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I just got a talk from someone at HR about my attire last week. One day, I wore khaki pants and a polo shirt, but I didn't tuck it in. I was told this was unprofessional...... from a woman wearing basically a tank top, jeans and flip flops. #######. I am starting to notice that women can get away with wearing jeans and flip flops, but guys can't. This isn't just at my work either. I wanna wear flip flops at work :(

Edited by Rob & Mel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just got a talk from someone at HR about my attire last week. One day, I wore khaki pants and a polo shirt, but I didn't tuck it in. I was told this was unprofessional...... from a woman wearing basically a tank top, jeans and flip flops. #######. I am starting to notice that women can get away with wearing jeans and flip flops, but guys can't. This isn't just at my work either. I wanna wear flip flops at work :(

sounds kinda like here - our boss holds our feet to the fire over the dress code, but rarely do other employees (who are not under my boss) follow the dress code.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Seems that way, Rob. At my husband's workplace, he has to wear smart pants, and a collared shirt, but the women are able to wear pretty much anything to a certain extent. No jeans or anything.

Having said that, lots of jobs require women to wear skirts and heels, because it looks more professional. And let me tell you, it's not always comfortable! I envied the men being able to wear pants and flats.

Timeline

Well, I took my complaint to a an authority figure and it was explained to me that in each and every case that I showed them, the flip flop wearing women each work more "behind the scenes". I however have to deal with lawyers, judges, and various people within the department for presentations etc and as such am held to a higher standard. Bleh. I wanna wear flip flops. I'd even wear a kilt if they'd let me wear the flip flops.

ETA: There were women years ago who protested about heels and actually won. It was deemed a potential health risk and as such, flats were allowed. But I highly doubt they meant for crocs and flip flops to be allowed. :lol:

Edited by Rob & Mel

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So apparently the food and beverage manager (who has only been here for 5 months now) has decided she wants her husband to work in my position and is going through great lengths to lie about me. She recently told the GM here that members have been trying to upgrade their memberships and I have ignored their calls completely. She is in the process of attempting to throw me under the bus and is going to great lengths to do it. I was notified by our CFO today, and told to watch everything I do around this woman.

To go that far and lie? How desperate can you be?

The thing is they have both worked at several country clubs around the country, and have never lasted a long time, this SHOULD say something about their character.

I'm just venting, I don't plan on retaliating or stooping to her low level. I was made aware of all of this today and I am in a bit of shock to be honest. She's such a two faced b1tch. She is sooo nice to your face too, and I can't be nice to someone like that so when she comes in today I don't know how I am going to react. I certainly don't see myself being the same person I was on friday. I won't be mean but I certainly won't smile and be all merry.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

The only thing I am doing is getting a hold of her resume and finding out why she left all of her previous places of employment. If you're going to try to sabotage me, I want to know what I'm in for. I think I deserve that at least. Perhaps she's notorious for this kind of #######.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

wow...I hope she gets found out for it and let go at some point. What is she, like 15? Shouldnt that kind of ####### all be left behind in high school?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

She's 38, her husband is in his late 40s.

The funniest thing is on Friday she friended me on facebook, I never accepted her request because I'm wary about having coworkers there, and she also told me before I left that we should really do drinks sometime. Then I come in today to find out she's lied about me all weekend.

She walked in earlier and smiled at me and said hi and everything... as if nothing was wrong.

I find it strange she wants to work with her husband so badly. I love my husband and all but we enjoy working apart. Apparently they have always worked together. I think its a conflict of interest to have a spouse working with with you in the same office.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I think its petty and immature to be spreading rumors that could potentially affect someones job just because you want your hubby to have that position. Besides, even if you did get removed, whats to say he would get it? Thats really stupid of her.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I have seen situations like this. Not necissarily that they want to supplant someone and put their spouse in, but a friend, cousing, etc. Retaliating actually plays into their hand. It sounds like the CFO knows that she is full of #######. Just document everything she does. You know she only wanted to friend you on FB to spy on you. God I hate people like that.

Timeline

Yea she just walked up to me to talk to me... its so weird. It's like knowing she is the one who wrote about me on the proverbial bathroom wall... and I'm trying to listen to what she's complaining about, because all she does is whine about her servers, her job, her life, her lack of sleep... and I'm just screaming in my head: "GOD SHUT UP YOU TWO FACED C***!"

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.