lovica_l

affadivit of support

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks guys im going to sumbit I-134, and gary and alla

YES i paid him 1000, i thought he would know what he was doing, but i trust this website more

waste of a thousand bucks....

Known each other since we were kids ! =]

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

3/26/09- Forwarded to New Delhi Embassy

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

4/8/09- Sent packet 3 to embassy

4/13/09-Embassy Sent packet 4

4/20/09- Recieved packet 4

4/25/09- Medical - passed =]

5/04-09- Gave paperwork to VFS

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
hey guys i had just a question

I am sumbitting a I34 and a I864, do i only need to notarize the I34, or should i notarize both? my lawyer said i only need to notarize I34, but i just wanted to make sure of what you guys have done before

thank you

The old I-134 needed to be notarized, the new one does not. The I-864 does not need to be notarized. Update your attorney. I bet you paid him enough that you think he ought to pay attention, yes? Maybe suggest he join VJ and scavenge the forums for what to do.

Notorizing is not a difficult task!!!! you can have any bank officer to notorize any letter for you and they do it for free, even your lawyer can do it for you. you can even notorize your cover letter if you wanted too. it wont hurt to notorize your I-134 either. this will make your document more legal.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
For a K-1, you only need the I-134, and if you use the new form, you do not need it notarized.

The I-864 is for when you attempt to AOS.

Hey all.. Quick question as I'm sending my fiance my financial forms this week too. I am self-employed and over the 125% of poverty level. I got a letter from my bank with my present balance and how long I've been banking etc. However they don't state how much $$ has been deposited in the last year.

1) Do I need to xerox all my bank statements and add my deposits up myself? Or.. do I even need the bank letter if my tax return is over the 125%?

2) It says "in duplicate" on the instructions for the 134. Do I need to include 2 copies of my tax returns and the bank letter?

Thanks so much!

Jayme

Background

January 30, 2008.....Met when having lunch in a hotel in Tangier, Morocco

April, August, November 2008.....3 trips back to Morocco

December 7, 2008.....Engaged

February 2009.....4th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

May 2009.....5th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

USCIS - 129F Journey

January 10, 2009.....Sent I-129F to CSC

January 14, 2009.....NOA 1

March 19, 2009..... NOA 2

March 30, 2009.....NVC Received

April 1, 2009.....NVC Sent to Casablanca

April 6, 2009..... Arrived at Casablanca Consulate

April 17, 2009....Received Package 3

May 13, 2009.... INTERVIEW in Casablanca. APPROVED!

May 19, 2009..... Visa in Hand

May, 29, 2009.....Zouhir in US

July 18, 2009..... MARRIED :)

AOS Journey

August 10, 2009..... Sent AOS to Chicago

August 12, 2009..... AOS Signed for in Chicago

August 17, 2009..... NOA 1 for AOS, EAD & AP

Sept 16, 2009.....Biometrics completed

Oct 1, 2009... Approval of AOS, EAD & AP

Nov 4, 2009.....AOS appointment - Zouhir Approved for his Green Card

Nov, 18, 2009.....Greencard in Hand!

Notorizing is not a difficult task!!!! you can have any bank officer to notorize any letter for you and they do it for free, even your lawyer can do it for you. you can even notorize your cover letter if you wanted too. it wont hurt to notorize your I-134 either. this will make your document more legal.

Why bother notarizing a document that is not required to be notarized? It will certainly not make it "more legal", whatever that is supposed to mean. All a notary can do is attest that it was indeed you who signed a letter or executed an agreement, or administer an oath that you swear the contents of a document are true. Furthermore, depending on the state notary laws, a notary may be required to charge you for their services. If you don't need to notarize a document, don't waste your time.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.