rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On July 27, 2006, this approved or re-affirmed case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Department of State.

Got an e-mail, and a USCIS status update just a few minutes ago!

Now... what does that mean though? the DOS is going to send the RFE? or did they decide not to ask for one?

-----------------

Man, I just feel like a passed a kidney stone...

Meh, nothing to see here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Current Status:

On July 27, 2006, this approved or re-affirmed case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Department of State.

Now... what does that mean though? the DOS is going to send the RFE? or did they decide not to ask for one?

-----------------

Weird. I just checked the notices I got when our petition was sent back to the U.S. and reopened and the wording is totally different. I just can't make any sense of this message, zethris... but I hope it means something good.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
What was the wording you got?

Maybe they were like, holy ####### this guy's case is about to expire! Or something.

Ha ha ha ha. Okay, let me find it.

When they got it back there:

On June 27, 2006, we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action.

When they reopened:

On June 27, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the case is now in process. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Now I don't even know how I should update the chart with this info you got. I think we'll need an extra column just for you: weird update: 7/27 :D

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Current Status:

-----------------

I'm stumped! I'm guessing you bypassed the IMBRA RFE altogther, somehow, but I see a phone call in your future to DoS next week.

Timeline
I'm stumped! I'm guessing you bypassed the IMBRA RFE altogther, somehow, but I see a phone call in your future to DoS next week.

Yes, but that is too weird. I don't know, if I were in zethris's position, I would demand an RFE! :lol: I mean, what if they screw up again? If they send it back to the consulate and then they find out that hey, we forgot to send this dude an RFE! I surely don't hope it happens, but taking the way they've been handling the IMBRA situation...

I would call and find out what this update is about.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Yes, but that is too weird. I don't know, if I were in zethris's position, I would demand an RFE! :lol: I mean, what if they screw up again? If they send it back to the consulate and then they find out that hey, we forgot to send this dude an RFE! I surely don't hope it happens, but taking the way they've been handling the IMBRA situation...

I would call and find out what this update is about.

That is too much for us, I think.

We´ve been collecting a lot of info, but we are not an USCIS officer...

Best thing for Zethris to do is to call them and ask how did he get approved without an RFE.

I just hope everything´s ok and it´s all good with his case!!

This is being a good week for us recalled.

Well calling the VSC and even the NVC before really didn't yeild much information before. I suspect that since it was just sent to the DOS (thats the NVC, right?) just today they probably don't know about it quite yet. So should I be on the phone right now? and with whom? or should I wait until next week, like Wednesday?

Meh, nothing to see here.

Timeline
Well calling the VSC and even the NVC before really didn't yeild much information before. I suspect that since it was just sent to the DOS (thats the NVC, right?) just today they probably don't know about it quite yet. So should I be on the phone right now? and with whom? or should I wait until next week, like Wednesday?

Bro, it´s not that they reapproved your case really fast.

They approved it without the RFE, which is the purpose of this whole mess.

I would call VSC, but this is only my point of view.. I wouldn´t want them to find out they forgot the RFE when your petition is already on the way to the Consulate.. although it might be ok and they might have the power to approve whatever they want. I really don´t know!

Good luck.

Timeline

Dude, I'd be kind of worried... rlt, don't you have the number for DoS? I think I remember you told me you call them once, by mistake?

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

HEY JUST GOT THE WEIRDEST 2 emails from USCIS- first says case approved or reaffirmed and second one later in the day says just re-opened.

1- at about 10 am today:

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

2- Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On July 27, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the case is now in process. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

Sincerely,

How does number 2 email compare to all of those who received notice that their case was re-opened? Thanks

Timeline
How does number 2 email compare to all of those who received notice that their case was re-opened? Thanks

It's the same wording I got. So maybe they changed the wording for getting the case back there, but didn't change the wording for when it's reopened.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline
HEY JUST GOT THE WEIRDEST 2 emails from USCIS- first says case approved or reaffirmed and second one later in the day says just re-opened.

1- at about 10 am today:

Sincerely,

2- Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On July 27, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the case is now in process. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Sincerely,

ALSO, maybe they realized how stupid recall was and they decided to recall this Freaking recall

It's the same wording I got. So maybe they changed the wording for getting the case back there, but didn't change the wording for when it's reopened.

So MEW, e mail number 2 is the exact same email u recd when they reopened ur case, and then subsequently u recd the RFE? Thanks

Timeline
ALSO, maybe they realized how stupid recall was and they decided to recall this Freaking recall

So MEW, e mail number 2 is the exact same email u recd when they reopened ur case, and then subsequently u recd the RFE? Thanks

Since the wording of your first e-mail is the same zethris's got, I think it may be the new: Hey, we have your petition back in the U.S., finally! - update.

After having the case reopened, I got an update saying they were sending me the RFE.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

zethris and rick -

my advice is to not assume anything and not to take speculation as possible fact.

it is possible someone is f**king up at vermont. these emails are just to strange. one fact is you do need the rfe to continue this process. there is no way they would say "nah, we don't have to send it to these guys. they're ok!" they would also be breaking the law by doing so.

i also suggest calling today/tomorrow and next week. cis, nvc, dos = cya! (cover your a$$)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.