rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Hey, I thought you guys would like to know...

After getting my RFE being sent on July 6th, I got touched today, saturday morning.

I think this is good news and they should be working on more recalled petitions!

As for my case, I hope they are clearing everything they need to, so when they receive my RFE they will just reapprove my application.

That thread about not sending it through NVC kind of cheered me up a little bit.

If that´s the case, not only it would (hopefully) save some time but it could mean they intend to process the recalled cases faster once receiving the RFE.

What do you mean they are not sending it through NVC?

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

After getting my RFE being sent on July 6th, I got touched today, saturday morning.

I think this is good news and they should be working on more recalled petitions!

As for my case, I hope they are clearing everything they need to, so when they receive my RFE they will just reapprove my application.

That thread about not sending it through NVC kind of cheered me up a little bit.

If that´s the case, not only it would (hopefully) save some time but it could mean they intend to process the recalled cases faster once receiving the RFE.

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

I've been away and have not been checking the boards. So far our case has not been reopened or touched or anything. Our petition has been back in Vermont for over a month. It was returned on May 18th.

Our NOA1 was dated March 8th.

This is so disheartening. With all these people receiving and returning their RFEs I feel really low having not had any change in our case status. Am I the only one here with such an early NOA1 that has not yet heard ANYTHING?

Bah. I don't know what to do.

E

No you are not alone-my experience similar.

MY NOA1 date "received" at VSC was March 8th (date was March 9th for receipt on the NOA2), so we are right together. What the VSC is doing is sending out the RFEs anywhere from about several days to several weeks or more after the time they recd them back from NVC- they are not working on them by virtue of ur NOA1 date. I also had not recd any emails or notifications, or case status changes at USCIS website either (today it still says Approved March 23rd) or any info by calling the NVC, until I called VSC Thursday- Frank said they recd it back on June 22nd, and yday Friday I called VSC again and Karen put me on hold called the NVC and came back on and said it was sent to VSC from NVS on June 28th and they had it there but could not say when it arrived. About 1 hour later yday (maybe Karen's called to NVC did st), I recd an email reply from NVC saying they had recd my recalled Petition and they immediately sent it to VSC, but they gave no dates. Previously, back in mid June I called the DOS in DC and was told the petition arrive back at NVC on May 29th, so what a mess. It seems the NOA1s right around March 6th are the last ones returned. Rick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have become so depressed. Our case hasn't been touched and no RFE. Has anyone out there with an interview scheduled in Moscow been touched or sent an RFE? Should I be worried? Is there anything at all thatcan be done?

Out timeline:

04/06/06 NOA1

04/12/06 NOA2

05/06/06 Interview Scheduled in Moscow for 06/29/06

05/23/06 Interview Canceled, Petition Returned

06/23/06 Touched dues to adress change request

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Rick 2000 - Can you please list the number and permutation of keypad entries you used to speak to a human being in VERMONT and not someone at the general USCIS help desk? I really want to talk to someone who can help, or provide some real information.

No touches, no openings, no nothing :(

Hello,

I've been away and have not been checking the boards. So far our case has not been reopened or touched or anything. Our petition has been back in Vermont for over a month. It was returned on May 18th.

This is so disheartening. With all these people receiving and returning their RFEs I feel really low having not had any change in our case status. Am I the only one here with such an early NOA1 that has not yet heard ANYTHING?

E

MY NOA1 date "received" at VSC was March 8th (date was March 9th for receipt on the NOA2), so we are right together. What the VSC is doing is sending out the RFEs anywhere from about several days to several weeks or more after the time they recd them back from NVC- they are not working on them by virtue of ur NOA1 date. I also had not recd any emails or notifications, or case status changes at USCIS website either (today it still says Approved March 23rd) or any info by calling the NVC, until I called VSC Thursday- Frank said they recd it back on June 22nd, and yday Friday I called VSC again and Karen put me on hold called the NVC and came back on and said it was sent to VSC from NVS on June 28th and they had it there but could not say when it arrived. About 1 hour later yday (maybe Karen's called to NVC did st), I recd an email reply from NVC saying they had recd my recalled Petition and they immediately sent it to VSC, but they gave no dates. Previously, back in mid June I called the DOS in DC and was told the petition arrive back at NVC on May 29th, so what a mess. It seems the NOA1s right around March 6th are the last ones returned. Rick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Someone opened a thread saying USCIS informed on the phone that once the recalled petition is reapproved they would be sending it directly to the Consulates. No NVC.

Don´t know how much USCIS knows about it...

Rick 2000 - Can you please list the number and permutation of keypad entries you used to speak to a human being in VERMONT and not someone at the general USCIS help desk? I really want to talk to someone who can help, or provide some real information.

No touches, no openings, no nothing :(

Hey Cutiepie726. Call 1-800-375-5283 wait for a few words to be spoken from recording then key in 1-2-6-1... key in ur receipt number and listen to case status all the way the way till the end of the recording and then key in 3-2-1. I am not sure if it works every time..but it has for me the last two times. The aws. "Vermont Service Center" Ask for their name and position there and if u want to share the results of your question(s), post online so we can maybe deduce/infer what their process is. Sby posted they recd an email RFE today...maybe they are there today? Good luck, Rick

Hello,

E

Timeline
Hey, Mew, did you get their update about receiving your RFE back?:)

Not yet, no. I've been checking the whole weekend but there were no updates until now. But, you know, it's soon. They probably received it on Friday (since my fiance sent it out on Thursday - priority mail). Have you? I'd be very happy if you did.

Also, pretty soon we'll have to add other column to that chart we have: RFE approval (update), RFE approval mail.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Hey, Mew, did you get their update about receiving your RFE back?:)

Not yet, no. I've been checking the whole weekend but there were no updates until now. But, you know, it's soon. They probably received it on Friday (since my fiance sent it out on Thursday - priority mail). Have you? I'd be very happy if you did.

Also, pretty soon we'll have to add other column to that chart we have: RFE approval (update), RFE approval mail.

No, we are still waiting for the RFE.

They sent it on thursday, so I think we´ll be getting it by wednesday. Tuesday if we are lucky..

And yeah, soon we´ll need another column there.

Let´s see how long it will take for them to reapprove us.

Are you still getting touched after getting the RFE?

Timeline

I'm getting restless :(

If nothing happens for us this week I'm going crazy :crying:

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

Timeline
No, we are still waiting for the RFE.

They sent it on thursday, so I think we´ll be getting it by wednesday. Tuesday if we are lucky..

And yeah, soon we´ll need another column there.

Let´s see how long it will take for them to reapprove us.

Are you still getting touched after getting the RFE?

No touches for me, no. Still get the same old message about having been sent an RFE.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Should I be worried?

Our case hasn't been reopened and there has been no message of any RFE being sent. In fact all the times I called the VSC or NVC nobody could locate our case (or bothered to try). Emails to the NVC and the Moscow consulate on the matter went unanswered.

04/06/06 NOA1

04/12/06 NOA2

06/23/06 Touched due to address change request

RFE Update: None!!

RFE: None!!

Should I be worried?

Our case hasn't been reopened and there has been no message of any RFE being sent. In fact all the times I called the VSC or NVC nobody could locate our case (or bothered to try). Emails to the NVC and the Moscow consulate on the matter went unanswered.

04/06/06 NOA1

04/12/06 NOA2

06/23/06 Touched due to address change request

RFE Update: None!!

RFE: None!!

I was in similar state of darkness for a long time too. Try calling the US Dept of State (DOS) in Wash DC at 202 663-1225.

Timeline

finally got touched today. Case was re-opened July 10. I got the same email message as everyone else, something about "further review" etc.

It only took them 6 weeks to get it back from Moscow...

Maybe I should have read my message from USCIS a bit better. Case has not been re-opened, they just informed me that it had been received by VSC from State:

"On July 10, 2006, we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action."

Anyone gotten this message before? I have seen a lot of messages about cases being re-opnened, but none about informing petitioner that the case had simply been received back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.