AmyStan

"Touched"

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, I'm a newbie and I'm about to prove it. I got my NOA1 and went into the UCIS to set up the email notification, etc. The NOA1 was done/sent on 3/20/09, and there is an entry "last updated" of 3/25/09. Is this a "touched" that I see people talking about? Is there any way to see what exactly was done on that day, or just note it?

And here's the super newbie question of all - Is the fact that it was "touched" (assuming that's what it was) so soon after it was received a good thing, a bad thing, or a nothing?

Thanks!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Since you are new, you maw want to read the pinned post at the top of this forum, there it will explained "Touched"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Yup...pretty newbie question :P - here's the answer.

When your petition is received, it is put in a file and assigned a bar code. Every time your file is wanded (bar code scanned) it is recorded as what we call a 'touch' - it could be wanded for lots of reasons (i.e., tracking movement, opened, counted, etc.). You can see these 'touches' if you create a portfolio on the USCIS site - any time the Last Updated date changes, your file was wanded/touched.

Do they mean anything? Not usually (at least not always anything to get excited about) - many get touched often, while others don't until they are approved. :thumbs:

And some never even get touched when they get approved. Matter of fact Trisha just hit 2 weeks in the US now on her K3 and USCIS still shows her case pending when they approved it Jan 22nd.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.