maghrabi

Question's for Egyptian

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Translation Documents required

Hi all .

I was goin to do k3 and ma i-129f is in the embassy now but I change my mind I'm goin to do cr-1 bcoz ma i-130 is in NVC now and we paid pos already but I'm really confused now bcoz all this time I was reading about k3 and I know nothing about cr-1 . anyways I just wants to know how and where can I translate my documents and certify it in Egypt specially police certificates and military record . and I wanna know if Egypt is Standard or Appointment Post ? and I wanna know if I suppose to send those translated documents to NVC or should I keep it till the day of the interview ?

P.s : we r goin to pay iv bill and send i-864 AOS tomorrow isA

So please I wanna know whts next ?

Forgive ma stupid questions I'm very new on this CR-1

.png

Timeline

Hi all .

I was goin to do k3 and ma i-129f is in the embassy now but I change my mind I'm goin to do cr-1 bcoz ma i-130 is in NVC now and we paid pos already but I'm really confused now bcoz all this time I was reading about k3 and I know nothing about cr-1 . anyways I just wants to know how and where can I translate my documents and certify it in Egypt specially police certificates and military record . and I wanna know if Egypt is Standard or Appointment Post ? and I wanna know if I suppose to send those translated documents to NVC or should I keep it till the day of the interview ?

I was wondering the same question. I called NVC and was told that if was originals it didnt need to be certified. If its in arabic it doesnt need to be translated either b/c its from Egypt and thats your place of residence. Hope that helps.

If its in arabic it doesnt need to be translated either b/c its from Egypt and thats your place of residence. Hope that helps.

That may be true if he is going for K3. He stated clear that he will be going for CR1/IR1; if that is the case then all documents in Arabic must be translated to English.

Edited by so2008

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Timeline
If its in arabic it doesnt need to be translated either b/c its from Egypt and thats your place of residence. Hope that helps.

That may be true if he is going for K3. He stated clear that he will be going for CR1/IR1; if that is the case then all documents in Arabic must be translated to English.

I just called NVC to be sure since my husband and I are trying to complete the DS230 and I was told once again that none of the paperwork needed to be translated if it was already in english or arabic.

Here's what it says on NVC......

Photocopy Requirement

In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations.

Timeline

thank you all for answering ma question and it's okay for me to send ma originals documents except my original military certificate . so if any Egyptian here did this cr-1 before he can help us more and tell us what to do..

and I wanna know if Egypt is Standard process or Appointment Post ?i'm askin this q bcoz as ya know standard mean that i should send ma documents to NVC or to ma wife and appointments post mean that i dont have to send ma documents to nvc and i just have to take it with me to the interview .

Edited by maghrabi
.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi all .

u will need to translate ur police certificate at the ministry of justice then get it authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs.

its ok to send a copy of ur military certificate .

good luck

Timeline

i called nvc today and thay told me if i'm goin to send origenals then it dosnt need to be translated even ma police certificate and military record . so i will just send ma original documents .

Good luck all

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
i called nvc today and thay told me if i'm goin to send origenals then it dosnt need to be translated even ma police certificate and military record . so i will just send ma original documents .

Good luck all

Morning

if you will keeep with the K3 ..then you dont need any translation ..

if you need to go with the CR-1 so u will need to translate and send the following :

1: Original Marriage certificate or certified copy+ translation (Ministry of Justice)

2: Original police certificate+translation(Ministry of Justice)

3: Original or certified Birth certificate +translation(Ministry of health NEAR Ministry of Justice on the same area)

4: Original Military Certificate+translation (Ministry of Justice)

you can issue as much as u want from all the required doucments above ...so u wont be afraid for losing any ....

issuing an extra Military certificate take only two days (i done it my self )

BC ...can be issued on the same day ....

at the Interview they will give u back all the original documents ....

Good Luck...........

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline

morning all

dear all thank you very much and spiceal thx to no where man for he's quick response .

i'm almost finish translate all ma documents and i will tell ya how i did it

1- Marriage certificate and divorce certificate . ya need to go to Real estate interests ( maslhet el shahr el akary ) address - gamal abdel naser metro station ( El as3af ) done in da same day - cost about 40 LE for every one

2- Birth certificate - Ministry of health - address -Saad Zagloul metro Station ( Lazogly square ) - done in da same day - cost 15 LE per one

3 - Military Certificate -ya need to go to ( Language Institute of the Armed Forces ) address - kobry el koba - take about one week or more - cost 20 LE per one

4- police certificate - (Ministry of Justice) address -Saad Zagloul metro Station ( Lazogly square ) takes one day . sorry i dont know how much it cost bcoz i didnt do it yet .

after ya finish every single paper ya need to certifie it from Ministry of Foreign Affairs - it cost 11 LE

now i wanna ask about something bcoz no where man confuse me when he say Original +translation . and i dont thenk that we need to send Original+translation i think we need to send just one of them original or translation certified

Good Luck all

.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
morning all

dear all thank you very much and spiceal thx to no where man for he's quick response .

i'm almost finish translate all ma documents and i will tell ya how i did it

1- Marriage certificate and divorce certificate . ya need to go to Real estate interests ( maslhet el shahr el akary ) address - gamal abdel naser metro station ( El as3af ) done in da same day - cost about 40 LE for every one

2- Birth certificate - Ministry of health - address -Saad Zagloul metro Station ( Lazogly square ) - done in da same day - cost 15 LE per one

3 - Military Certificate -ya need to go to ( Language Institute of the Armed Forces ) address - kobry el koba - take about one week or more - cost 20 LE per one

4- police certificate - (Ministry of Justice) address -Saad Zagloul metro Station ( Lazogly square ) takes one day . sorry i dont know how much it cost bcoz i didnt do it yet . it costs you about 15 LE

and getting it one hour later and when you getting it done tell the one taking your fingerprint you will get it Certified from Ministry of Foreign Affairs because as you know there`s some stamps need in order to get it done from Ministry of Foreign Affairs

after ya finish every single paper ya need to certifie it from Ministry of Foreign Affairs - it cost 11 LE

now i wanna ask about something bcoz no where man confuse me when he say Original +translation . and i dont thenk that we need to send Original+translation i think we need to send just one of them original or translation certified

Good Luck all

am going through cr-1 and for the NVC i did translate ( marriage-birth-fingerprints ) and sent the originals for sure thats what we told to send all original when we called NVC good luck

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

morning everybod\y

man, send them the originals and the certified translation attached with some kind of stables or so , anyways i don't think you want to get any delays because you have your orignials at home and only sent the translations lol ...send everything you have and you will get them back now worries about that .

now tell me what have you done to take te CR-1 route ?? have you contacted the embassy to cancel your K3 ?? have you contacted the NVC ?? or you just ignored the K3 package and will carry on working with the CR-1 ??

take care ;)

Timeline

Most of the questions were already answered but I want to add something that might be useful.

My wife somehow get 2 originals all the time. It seems you can get this with some fees. Then she translates at the location you mentioned for the fees you mentioned, again in 2's.

So we have 2 originals and 2 translated originals. In our I-130 process, we simply sent one set of Marriage Certificate originals both Arabic/English with one set of originals both Arabic/English with my wife for her interview purposes.

Now we hope to do the same with PCC for our NVC process.

--------------------------------

Aug 30, 2008 -- Married in Cairo

Oct 28, 2009 -- Wife arrived USA

Sep 6, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Sep 13, 2011 -- NOA received date.

Sep 29, 2011 -- Biometric appointment.

Timeline

yea disconnection i just ignore k3 ma case for i-129f is in da embassy from 3 weeks but i just ignore it and i'm goin with cr1 it's gonna take da same time anyways .

now ya tell me how did ya finish police certificate in one hour and where .. bcoz i went to Ministry of Justice 12 floor and i asked them there and thay told me that it's gonna take one day to be done !!!!

and also i wanna know why i need to send origenals i already have all da documents translated and Certified from Ministry of Foreign Affairs .. and when i called nvc thay told me i just need to send originals or translated certifed not both . so please tell me whts for sure should i send to those ppl .

.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
yea disconnection i just ignore k3 ma case for i-129f is in da embassy from 3 weeks but i just ignore it and i'm goin with cr1 it's gonna take da same time anyways .

now ya tell me how did ya finish police certificate in one hour and where .. bcoz i went to Ministry of Justice 12 floor and i asked them there and thay told me that it's gonna take one day to be done !!!!

and also i wanna know why i need to send origenals i already have all da documents translated and Certified from Ministry of Foreign Affairs .. and when i called nvc thay told me i just need to send originals or translated certifed not both . so please tell me whts for sure should i send to those ppl .

but when i went to get it done it was one hour later and i guess you were there late be sure to be there about 10 or before to get it in the same day and yes for CR-1 you need all originals or certified copy ,and don`t worry you can send both and you will get them at the interview man thats what we did

good luck

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.