23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I have this friend I just met not long ago. She has come to the USA on a K1 Visa, The petitioner(hubby) Had changed his ways toward her and has a bad drinking problem. So she left him and now is staying at my friends place.

She is asking me these questions that I don't know the answers too. Like what can she do?

Can she find another man to marry, and apply for the GC. Or will she be deported when her 90 days are up......She is a good person, I wouldn't be here on this forums asking you.. if she wasn't..

She has been deceived like so many have.

Any help here?

If she moved out from her husband to protect herself from abuse, there's hope. But the proof of this needs to be there, along with clear evidence that her marriage was bona fide up to that point. The idea of shopping around for another husband, just to get her green card, shows her readiness to commit visa fraud. Try the VAWA link here for abused spouses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I have this friend I just met not long ago. She has come to the USA on a K1 Visa, The petitioner(hubby) Had changed his ways toward her and has a bad drinking problem. So she left him and now is staying at my friends place.

She is asking me these questions that I don't know the answers too. Like what can she do?

Can she find another man to marry, and apply for the GC. Or will she be deported when her 90 days are up......She is a good person, I wouldn't be here on this forums asking you.. if she wasn't..

Any help here?

There is no "help" needed. She was granted a visa and the opportunity to adjust status under very specific conditions, she agreed to those conditions in many ways, in writing and in interviews, etc. Now it didn't work out. Not her fault. She is wonderful, he is terrible, agreed. But the conditions and agreements under which the visa was issued are not met and she has to go back. Simple.

She agreed to this visa to marry THIS man. The visa is issued ONLY for this man and this woman. She can get a divorce, go back to her home country and find another USC to petition her if she wants. But if she changes her mind and decides she cannot live with this man, then she goes back where she started before they met. Absent this visa, she would still be there.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Any help here?

There is no "help" needed. She was granted a visa and the opportunity to adjust status under very specific conditions, she agreed to those conditions in many ways, in writing and in interviews, etc. Now it didn't work out. Not her fault. She is wonderful, he is terrible, agreed. But the conditions and agreements under which the visa was issued are not met and she has to go back. Simple.

She agreed to this visa to marry THIS man. The visa is issued ONLY for this man and this woman. She can get a divorce, go back to her home country and find another USC to petition her if she wants. But if she changes her mind and decides she cannot live with this man, then she goes back where she started before they met. Absent this visa, she would still be there.

She won't be deported after 90 days, but if she does not leave on her own, then she is overstaying the visa, is illegal in the country and can ruin any chance of future visas. If it didn't work out and she returns on her own...no harm, no foul as far as the US government is concerned. Though being from the Phillipines it is likely she would be closely scrutinized next time.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
if she has money, maybe an Immigration Attorney...

Yeah, then she can leave after 90 days and not be troubled by all that money!!!!

An immigration attorney can do nothing for her, except lighten her money load.

Gary And Alla

Any help here?

Is your friend only after the greencard! It seems she is. No wonder she is in a mess.

She should get back to the Philippines since she could not marry another guy except her petitioner.

If she had been deceived as you claim it, she would just go back to the philippines and not think of getting another guy ASAP for a greencard. This is NOT a GOOD GIRL behaviour.

Tell her to fix her intentions first, marry a guy for love not for greencard.

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

just tell her go back to the Philippines and please don't advise her to find another man from the USA. It's bad. Its one of the reasons why Filipinas are having a hard time getting a visa to be with their loved ones because of this kind of situation.

Lawyer won't do anything

Marring another guy will make it worse

overstaying her visa of 90 days is also not good

hmnnnnnnnn its easy for the other's in here concluded that you're friend is for gc(pinay talaga)if she was ashamed of what happened to her in here that's why she dont want to go back home or poverty is one reason too,just advice her the consequences of being overstayed here in the US.I've know my husband for a short period of time but i am just one of a lucky girl that my husband treated me tenderly with love and care (L)

AOS TIMELINE

Feb.06,2009-AOS,AdvanceParole And EAD Sent Chicago,IL(USPS Exp

Feb.13,2009-3 NOA's (AOS,AP & EAD)

Mar. 10,2009-Biometric For AOS & EAD

April 18,2009-AP Received

April 25,2009-EAD Received

May 04,2009-Applied For SSN

May 19,2009-SSCard Received

May 26,2009-Passed The Texas Driver's Written Exam,Got A Learner's Permit:)

June 19,2009-Interview Letter Received

July 28,2009-Interview(Irving,TX)Approved & Now Working Too:

August 13,2009-2 Years Greencard Received:

August 18,2009-Got My 7 Years Texas Driver's License(Thank GOD:))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMOVING OF CONDITION:

4/27/11-Mailed My I-751 @ VSC.

5/5/11-Check Cashed.

5/2/11-NOA(Received 5/5/11)

6/9/11-Biometric Appointment

1/17/12-Approval Letter Received(Approved 1/12/12)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Application:

9/7/12-Application Submitted @USCIS DALLAS

9/8/12-Application Received

9/12/12-Check Cashed

9/13/12-NOA Received.

9/13/12-Biometrics Appointment Mailed Accrding to USCIS Site:).

10/3/12-Biometrics

12/3/12=Interview(Done)

1/3/13-Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any help here?

If she moved out from her husband to protect herself from abuse, there's hope. But the proof of this needs to be there, along with clear evidence that her marriage was bona fide up to that point. The idea of shopping around for another husband, just to get her green card, shows her readiness to commit visa fraud. Try the VAWA link here for abused spouses.

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll pass this on to her and sent her packing for home...

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-15

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : Didn't receive

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-08-18

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2009-09-10

Interview Date : Not going to be one

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 119 days from your NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.