acrow

update and question

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

For those of you who remember me I want to update you all on life with my Jamaican husband. I also have a question to ask you...

Well, things are great. Our relationship has grown to a real partnership since I gave birth to our son on December 30th. It has been a dream come true for me to have my family together.

He is so wonderful. He is a doting and loving father, he tells me I am beautiful and that he loves me every day, he keeps our house clean, and he helps my parents with whatever project they need help with happily. (My entire family loves him!)

The adjustment for Neil has been pretty smooth considering. Whenever I get annoyed with him I remind myself how much better he is handling this than I would if I were in his situation. He has no friends of his own and is stuck at home watching our baby while I go to work. All in all he is handling this well and is patiently waiting for his chance to work.

The hardest part for him has been the weather. He is so cold and miserable that he often doesn't want to go outside, where as before in Jamaica he spent most of his time outside. Because of this we are planning on moving to New Orleans before next winter.

The stomach problems he was experiencing kept getting worse. I finally added him to my insurance when I could, and a blood test revealed an antibody to a stomach bacteria. A month long course of two kinds of antibiotic cleared it up, and now he is happily munching away on whatever kind of junk he can get his hands on. We cook Jamaican food at home frequently, though.

There is the occasional bump in the road that comes when two people are truly getting to know each other. They are slight and we work them out.

We filed for his AOS on January 23rd and we are waiting for his EAD and advanced parole. We are planning on going home to Jamaica in about two months so his family can meet our son, and we plan on bringing his other 3year old son back with us.

So my question is...what do we need to do to get things in order to bring his son back?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Acrow! It is always wonderful to hear adjustment stories and when love is growing and thriving.

Just to make sure you are informed...make sure his AP (Advanced Parole) is approved and in your hands before he leaves the USA. He can leave without it...but he cannot reenter without the AP or greencard.

If you filed for his 3 year old son on his K1 petition...as a K2 then you have 12 months to bring him under the same visa approval. If you did not...then you will have to petition for him separately and wait for the entire process again. When you get him, make sure you go to his doctor to get all shot records...make sure you get a copy of his birth certificate and whatever paperwork is needed from the mother regarding her consent.

You will need the shot records to ensure that he is not given more immunizations that he doesn't need or may be dangerous for his little system to get again.

Are you going to adopt him? Awwwww...I'm so happy for you. Can you post a picture of the baby?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
as a K2 then you have 12 months to bring him under the same visa approval

question- from NOA2 or when fiancee entered the country?

jawi876~ how are you doing?

I think it is 12 months from approval at the Embassy. I'm okay...wishing I could fall asleep. I'm bored witless. How are you?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

The hardest part for him has been the weather. He is so cold and miserable that he often doesn't want to go outside, where as before in Jamaica he spent most of his time outside. Because of this we are planning on moving to New Orleans before next winter.

Cute baby!

I'm from New Orleans. It's a fun place to live; you definitely don't get bored.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats, ACrow, so cute!!

See here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=childpet

You have to file an I-824 - application for action on an approved petition - He will need his passport, have to get a medical, and his visa - the I-824 gets the ball rolling.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Yes, we listed him. So he doesn't need his own visa?

here's some pics:

my husband looks grumpy in the picture with the mountain.

he was so cold!

This is totally unrelated to your question but just saw this post and the picture w/the mountain. Were you in Oregon or was that Mt. Shasta? It looks a lot like Shasta but not sure. Poor hubby...hopefully he'll get a little more used to it by next season.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes, we listed him. So he doesn't need his own visa?

here's some pics:

my husband looks grumpy in the picture with the mountain.

he was so cold!

This is totally unrelated to your question but just saw this post and the picture w/the mountain. Were you in Oregon or was that Mt. Shasta? It looks a lot like Shasta but not sure. Poor hubby...hopefully he'll get a little more used to it by next season.

yes thats mt hood in

oregon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.