ti286

Just submitted my I-751

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-751 went out today.

We decided not to get affidavits from friends, as we have a lot of supporting evidence (children, renters agreement, insurance, etc.). Will this affect our decision?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but going forward we:

1. Wait for an appointment to have biometrics done within 6 months.

2. Receive a 10 year green card within 6 - 12 months.

3. Pursue full citizenship thereafter.

k5mse41iagvtw0d2celj.jpg

I should add that I've used this site to from the very beginning of the K1 Visa process and it has worked FLAWLESSLY. We spent no money on attorneys.

How can I make a donation to support visajourney.com?

Good luck to you all on your visa journeys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We didn't have affidavits from friends either and had no problems. As long as you have lots of other documentary evidence showing you have co-mingled your financial and social lives you should be fine. You will probably receive your biometrics about a month or so after your NOA (although there are some who have received it later) and depending on what Service Center you have sent it to, could receive a decision as early as 2 months or as long as 6 to 8 months (assuming VSC catches up). You can pursue citizenship 90 days less than the 3rd anniversary of your green card, so in about a year. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We didn't include affidavits from friends too. I just had my biometrics this afternoon - filed my I-751 in California Service Center Feb. 24, 2009.

Never ever say never

2207121_unsignedChar_1192234183843.jpgDSCF4044.jpg

an1cvdN0akF0610MTUzbHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8QWZ0ZXIgb3VyIEkgRG9zIC4gLiAuIA.gif

I-751 went out today.

We decided not to get affidavits from friends, as we have a lot of supporting evidence (children, renters agreement, insurance, etc.). Will this affect our decision?

k5mse41iagvtw0d2celj.jpg

I should add that I've used this site to from the very beginning of the K1 Visa process and it has worked FLAWLESSLY. We spent no money on attorneys.

i strongly think u shud submitt affidavit and dont pretent to be a uscis officer. affidavit is something diffrent from evidence category. they specifically require both!

N-400

09/14/2009 - N-400 Sent to Texas Lock Box

09/16/2009 - Delivered by USPS Priority Mail

09/18/2009 - Single Check Cashed 675 $

09/18/2009 - NOA Showing 595 $ ?

10/07/2009 - Biometrics - Done @ Jackson, MS

10/21/2009 - Interview Letter

12/08/2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

I-751

09/14/2008 I-751 Sent to VSC

09/19/2008 NOA

03/05/2009 VSC to CSC Transfer

05/28/2009 Approval of I-751

I-751 went out today.

k5mse41iagvtw0d2celj.jpg

Nice photo!I believe you should be fine with your application.2 kids is obviously a very good evidence of a bona-fide marriage/relationship. :P I did not submit any affidavits either but I sent a lot of of other evidence it was like 250+pages I will have my biometrics next monday. :blink:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I-751 went out today.

k5mse41iagvtw0d2celj.jpg

i strongly think u shud submitt affidavit and dont pretent to be a uscis officer. affidavit is something diffrent from evidence category. they specifically require both!

actually affidavits are included in the evidence category and no they are not a requirement...

Evidence of the Relationship Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in ''good faith'' and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you wish to establish this fact and to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended. The documents should cover, but not limited to,the following examples:

1. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the marriage.

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts, joint federal and state tax returns, insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, joint installments or other loans.

4. Other documents you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade the U.S. immigration laws

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I-751 went out today.

k5mse41iagvtw0d2celj.jpg

affidavit from a friend or family is not really a requirement but you can submit it as one of your evidence as a proof of your bonafide relationship.

i didn't send affidavit either, as long you had enough proof of your relationship you'll be fine. another strong proof of a bonafide relationship is your children's birth certificate and a copy of jointly filed taxes in 2 consecutive years.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They wanted two, we send four along with lots of other evidence, just have to see what happens, who knows the mood of the officer reading your application, can reject it as two are requested. Time will tell.

Our friends agreed to testify in a court of law everything they said was true and took the effort to have their letters notarized. Other people we knew that were applying also received their biometrics, but were called in for an interview requesting more evidence, as they were ahead of us, we used their experience in our application. We were not called in. One thing not even requested was a joint utility bill, wife's friend was called in for that, so we also submitted that to be safe. These all cause delays with appointments for an infopass to get either an I-551 stamp or a I-94 extension on your extension. We wanted to avoid that as a very long trip. Even at that, received our ten year card only weeks prior to it's expiration date, was stressful.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Affidavits are not required, All the evidence that is listed on the instructions are just examples. You are not required to send everything on the list.

I do not see where the OP is claiming to be a USCIS officer!

Hi, We did not submit an affidavit but we got approved in less than 2 months. We dont have children or lease, but you do. So, dont worry about not having affidavit. Good Luck to you.

I-751 went out today.

k5mse41iagvtw0d2celj.jpg

Edited by Wichita

Our Visa Journey

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

05/20/2006 Filed I-485 Adjustment of Status

06/20/2006 Finger Print Schedule

09/07/2006 Interview

03/13/2007 Email Rec'd Register CPR

03/21/2007 Notice of Approval

03/22/2007 Received 2 year Green Card

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

12/29/2008 Filed I-751Removal of Condition

01/05/2009 Received NOA

01/17/2009 Received Biometric Letter

01/27/2009 Finger Print Appointment

02/14/2009 Letter of approval

02/23/2009 Received 10 year Green Card

NATURALIZATION

12/14/2009 Filed N-400 Application

12/15/2009 Received Application

12/19/2009 Cashed Check

12/22/2009 Received NOA

01/04/2010 Received Biometric Letter

01/13/2010 Finger Print Appointment

01/26/2010 Email received - sent case to Local office for interview

01/29/2010 Received Interview Letter

03/04/2010 Interview Schedule 9:00 am Detroit, MI

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Affidavits are very weak evidence and should only be used if you do not have other evidence of co-mingled lives. I never submitted them - I find them to be pretentious and fake. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.