6 posts in this topic

My aos interview is on Friday. My hubby and I went out this morning to make copies of what we thought would be legit paperwork such as all our tax returns, pay stubs, bank statements, all my mail from the USCIS and birth certificate and such. As for all my evidence that we are a couple, such as a copy of our lease from the landlord and all our origional stuff such as mail with same address old bills with same address, car insurance and such, we didn't make copies of just because it's stuff that we can get back if we need too. So if they ask for a copy I can just hand out the origional. Should this be ok or should i also make copies of these things as well? would it hurt me in the future if i didn't??

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We took originals and copies of everything. They just wanted to see originals and handed them back. The entire file from day one of applying for the K1/K2 was there on her desk. She flipped through it and marked stuff off but did not take anything new from us. I wanted to share our wedding pictures but she didnt even ask. :( Always good to have copies of what you want to keep the originals of but do take the originals for verification.

K1 AOS

01/17/06.....Sent AOS package out

01/31/06.....NOA

03/15/06.....Biometrics Appointment

04/10/06.....Interview letter received

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received... with an error

I-90 Timeline

06/08/06..... Sent out I-90 to have green card error fixed

09/29/06.....Correct Green Card

K2 AOS/AP

01/17/06.....Sent out AOS/AP

01/31/06.....NOA for AOS and AP

03/07/06.....AP approved

03/16/06.....Biometrics Appointment

04/10/06.....Interview letter received

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received

03/13/09 10 year green card received :o)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

I believe I saw one of your past emails about wondering if you have enough information. I just had my interview yesterday in Atlanta and we were approved. We didn't have a lot of information b/c we have yet to get a Social security # due to the local office needing verification.

I posted my AOS experience yesterday. It was less than 15 minutes and she didn't ask us for anything. No pictures, bills, leases, insurance. However, we just tried to be prepared with anything we were able to supply.

Everyone's experience is different. I was a little nervous reading other experiences but ours was no problem.

As far as copies, if you know that you have your own copies at home or means to get another copy then it may not be necessary. However, it won't hurt if you do make copies.

I made copies of pretty much everything like the interview letter asked but they didn't ask me for anything.

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

Well I guess as far as copies are concerned I have copies of the substantial stuff that I would need to keep the origionals such as marriage certificate and such. As for my evidence such as car insurance and health insurance and so on is easy to re-obtain so I'm just gonna give them what I have if they ask for it. :) Wish me luck all, we head out to memphis tonight!!

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Well I guess as far as copies are concerned I have copies of the substantial stuff that I would need to keep the origionals such as marriage certificate and such. As for my evidence such as car insurance and health insurance and so on is easy to re-obtain so I'm just gonna give them what I have if they ask for it. :) Wish me luck all, we head out to memphis tonight!!

GOOD LUCK :thumbs::yes::star::star:

Milan,Italy- San Francisco, USA

We kept copies of everything submitted, just to be safe!

Edited by samantha_lou

01/10/05 - Arrived back in US

01/26/05 - Got Married! WooHoo!

02/14/05 - Had Medical Exam

02/22/05 - Filed for AOS in Seattle, in person

03/31/05 - Got EAD!!

04/02/05 - Biometrics and Fingerprinting

05/19/05 - AOS Interview - awaiting decision...

08/24/05 - (conditional) Permanent Resident

09/08/05 - Passport stamped in Seattle

09/19/05 - Recieved actual Greencard! YAY!!!

05/24/07 - 90 days to remove conditions starts!

06/02/07 - Filed I-751, California Service Center

08/09/07 - Biometrics and Fingerprinting

08/28/07 - I-751 Approved & conditions are removed!

09/12/07 - Recieved 10 year Greencard! YEAH!!!

*now contemplating N-400 and citizenship*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.