angela920

they got my height incorrect

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all visajourney people. You guys are awesome for helping each other and giving advices! I was a visajourney baby... I must say!

Here is my problem:

Recently, I went to DMV to get a state ID and learners permit. I passed the learners permit and now I'm doing a driving lesson here even though I have been driving ever since I got here because of my international license. I just don't have the confidence yet to do the behind-the-wheel test.

I went home saw my permit. I didn't notice they made a mistake about my height. I am only 5 feet and I put there 5'0.. guess what? they put 5'10 on both learners permit and i think also state ID. Now this is my dilemma. I went back and said I should be able to change it when i have my behind-the-wheel test. I forgot to ask them about the height on my state ID. Oh well... I'm thinking to just wait til it arrives on mail and go there and have them fix it.

My husband is making fun of me that i still have enough time to grow! lol (its been a sensitive topic).

I'm thinking should i go there and change it when i receive my state ID? (they said its not a big deal but i don't want the police think that I forged my documents). I don't have my state ID yet but it should arrive anytime soon. I'm confused if i should go now or wait til it arrives.

Thank you! I appreciate all the replies!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That must be frustrating! Yes, I think it would be a good idea to go back and get your State ID corrected for the height. I don't know how long it will take you to get your Driver's License completed but in the meantime you do want to have the correct information on your State ID. Check it when it arrives to make sure it is indeed incorrect and then just go back and ask them to correct it. I don't think you should worry about the police thinking you forged it, but you do want to have it corrected. Good luck on your driving lessons, too.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

no, jest get some 10 inch stillletos

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Hello to all visajourney people. You guys are awesome for helping each other and giving advices! I was a visajourney baby... I must say!

Here is my problem:

Recently, I went to DMV to get a state ID and learners permit. I passed the learners permit and now I'm doing a driving lesson here even though I have been driving ever since I got here because of my international license. I just don't have the confidence yet to do the behind-the-wheel test.

I went home saw my permit. I didn't notice they made a mistake about my height. I am only 5 feet and I put there 5'0.. guess what? they put 5'10 on both learners permit and i think also state ID. Now this is my dilemma. I went back and said I should be able to change it when i have my behind-the-wheel test. I forgot to ask them about the height on my state ID. Oh well... I'm thinking to just wait til it arrives on mail and go there and have them fix it.

My husband is making fun of me that i still have enough time to grow! lol (its been a sensitive topic).

I'm thinking should i go there and change it when i receive my state ID? (they said its not a big deal but i don't want the police think that I forged my documents). I don't have my state ID yet but it should arrive anytime soon. I'm confused if i should go now or wait til it arrives.

Thank you! I appreciate all the replies!

Hey you're taller than me I'm only 5'7"! :wow: (Joke).Better go back ASAP at least they will be able to correct your state ID before they release it to you and then turn over your LP as well to so they can fix the problem.Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.