tomaran

Pre-Interview with consular officer regarding criminal history

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wanted to know if anyone from London or anyone in any instance has had to have an interview with a consular officer PRIOR to the actual visa interview,

to discuss criminal convictions and stuff.

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Timeline
There is just ONE interview. No pre-interview at all. If the petitioner has a criminal history, it will become known through his/her criminal record checks and discussed at the interview.

Ok thats what i thought BUT on the embassy website i read the following ....

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/add_crime.html

'...You are required to schedule an appointment for an interview with a U.S. Consular Officer.

Applicants applying for visas in London are required to request an appointment with the Visa Coordination Officer to allow sufficient time for their case to be reviewed, as their application will be subject to greater scrutiny. Applicants with criminal histories who do not request an appoitment with the Visa Coordination Officer may be required to return to the Embassy at a later date if there is insufficient time to evaluate their case.

When applying for a visa you are required to submit with your application the following additional documents:

* a completed personal data sheet, Form VCU1 (PDF 64Kb);

* A police certificate from the ACPO issued less than 6 months before your visa interview;

* copies of the court record(s) covering all charges of which you have been convicted, or which are presently pending against you, if relevant.

.......'

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Filed: Timeline

I am pretty sure that is referring to the K-1 interview you will have there. Did you submit the appropriate documents? I guess you did.

If you have a criminal record for a crime of moral turpitude, begin the research on waivers (waivers cannot be submitted unless and until you are denied).

good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
There is just ONE interview. No pre-interview at all. If the petitioner has a criminal history, it will become known through his/her criminal record checks and discussed at the interview.

'...You are required to schedule an appointment for an interview with a U.S. Consular Officer.

Applicants applying for visas in London are required to request an appointment with the Visa Coordination Officer to allow sufficient time for their case to be reviewed, as their application will be subject to greater scrutiny. Applicants with criminal histories who do not request an appoitment with the Visa Coordination Officer may be required to return to the Embassy at a later date if there is insufficient time to evaluate their case.

When applying for a visa you are required to submit with your application the following additional documents:

* A police certificate from the ACPO issued less than 6 months before your visa interview;

* copies of the court record(s) covering all charges of which you have been convicted, or which are presently pending against you, if relevant.

.......'

The info on that page is for non immigrant visas (visiting) you are applying for an immigrant visa (K1, correct?). You dont have to worry about that, those "pre-interviews" are not talking about the K1 interview stage.

Just go to the K1 interview and bring your police certificate and court records (if applicable). You'll be fine, try not to worry, be honest and you'll be ok! Best wishes!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, though since there is intent to marry and settle in America, it is often treated the same as an immigrant visa.

Either way, for the purposes of this question, those kind of interviews are for visitor's visas.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline
Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, though since there is intent to marry and settle in America, it is often treated the same as an immigrant visa.

Either way, for the purposes of this question, those kind of interviews are for visitor's visas.

THANK YOU ALL !!

Timeline
Just wanted to know if anyone from London or anyone in any instance has had to have an interview with a consular officer PRIOR to the actual visa interview,

AND STUFF BABY :P WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE LOVE IS ON OUR SIDE WE WILL MAKE WHAT ADJUSTMENT NEED TO BE MADE TO GET THOUGH THIS ALWAYS STUFF ALMOST OVER CHIN UP MY DARLING!!!ALERT YOU ARE THOUGH,, LOVE YOU FOR IT SHOW YOU IN 14 DAYS !!!!!

This love an unlocked door across any

time zone or any waves of blue.

10?? More days and the ocean that has separated us for 3 years Is dried up!!!My Habibi is coming Home!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The consulates are required to disclose any criminal history of the petitioner to the benficiary. They can do that how they please. Though it would not be proper to call it a "pre-interview" they must disclose any criminal history prior to you accepting the visa and give you the opportunity to withdrawl your visa application

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

The consulates are required to disclose any criminal history of the petitioner to the benficiary.

On the I-129F, the petitioner is only obliged to disclose information relating to domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, dating violence, elder abuse, homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, abusive sexual contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture, trafficking, peonage, holding hostage, involuntary servitude, slave trade, kidnapping, abduction, unlawful criminal restraint, false imprisonment and three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

Edited by Marty J

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

.......'

The info on that page is for non immigrant visas (visiting) you are applying for an immigrant visa (K1, correct?). You dont have to worry about that, those "pre-interviews" are not talking about the K1 interview stage.

Just go to the K1 interview and bring your police certificate and court records (if applicable). You'll be fine, try not to worry, be honest and you'll be ok! Best wishes!

K-1 is NOT an immigrant visa, it is a NON-immigrant visa. Some consulates treat it as an immigrant visa in terms of forms etc., but it most certainly is not.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.