25 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I am about to submit my AOS and I'd like to know if I have everything I needed. Here is my list:

AOS

- Payment amount: $1010 (includes Biometric Fee)

- Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status

- Copy of Birth Certificate

- Copy of Nonimmigrant Fiancee Visa

- Copy of Passport

- 2 pcs of 2 X 2 photo (in an envelope)

- Form I-693 (For: Vaccination Record) in sealed envelope

Medical Exam taken prior to admission as K1 visa holder

- Form G-325A, Biographic Information

- Form I-864, Affidavit of Support

Tax Transcript (2008)

6 months Latest Paystub (Oct. 2008 – Mar. 2009)

Employment Letter

- Copy of Form I-797, Notice of Action (Fiancee Petition Approval Notice)

- Copy of Form I-94 (Front and Back)

- Copy of Marriage Certificate

EAD

- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

- 2 pcs 2x2 photo

- Copy for Birth Certificate

- Copy of Nonimmigrant K1 Fiancee Visa

- Copy of Passport

- Copy of I-94 (front and back)

AP

- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

- 2 pcs 2x2 photo

- Statement of circumstances that warrant issuance of advance parole

- Copy of Passport

Pls let me know if I missed anything or my documents are good. It will be much appreciated. :yes:

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Hi everyone! I am about to submit my AOS and I'd like to know if I have everything I needed. Here is my list:

AOS

- Payment amount: $1010 (includes Biometric Fee)

- Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status

- Copy of Birth Certificate

- Copy of Nonimmigrant Fiancee Visa

- Copy of Passport

- 2 pcs of 2 X 2 photo (in an envelope)

- Form I-693 (For: Vaccination Record) in sealed envelope

Medical Exam taken prior to admission as K1 visa holder

- Form G-325A, Biographic Information

- Form I-864, Affidavit of Support

Tax Transcript (2008)

6 months Latest Paystub (Oct. 2008 – Mar. 2009)

Employment Letter

- Copy of Form I-797, Notice of Action (Fiancee Petition Approval Notice)

- Copy of Form I-94 (Front and Back)

- Copy of Marriage Certificate

EAD

- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

- 2 pcs 2x2 photo

- Copy for Birth Certificate

- Copy of Passport

AP

- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

- 2 pcs 2x2 photo

- Statement of circumstances that warrant issuance of advance parole

- Copy of Passport

Pls let me know if I missed anything or my documents are good. It will be much appreciated. :yes:

no joint bank statements? evidence of bonafide marriage? everything else looks fine

Edited by FRJ

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

no joint bank statements? evidence of bonafide marriage? everything else looks fine

Well, I would only need that for the Interview, right? I still need to submit my application.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Timeline

Well, I would only need that for the Interview, right? I still need to submit my application.

not really. i followed the guides and i submitted that info with my application. needless to say i was approved in 3 months. is that why i got apporved so quickly? maybe not, but it most definitely made things much easier. check out the guides. there is a detailed section.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

*10/1/08 Married

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

not really. i followed the guides and i submitted that info with my application. needless to say i was approved in 3 months. is that why i got apporved so quickly? maybe not, but it most definitely made things much easier. check out the guides. there is a detailed section.

I came here as K1 and am not applying for I-130, only I-485(AOS), I-765(EAD), and I-131(AP). I've read the guidelines and it only requires Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage when you're applying for I-130. But I'd still provide those evidences for our Interview cos for the I-485 alone, it doesn't require those documents until the Interview.

Thanks for your advise though. I truly appreciate it.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Timeline

I came here as K1 and am not applying for I-130, only I-485(AOS), I-765(EAD), and I-131(AP). I've read the guidelines and it only requires Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage when you're applying for I-130. But I'd still provide those evidences for our Interview cos for the I-485 alone, it doesn't require those documents until the Interview.

yeah i feel you...i mean u don't have to provide any evidence at all when u filing, but i just thinks it helps alot when u do.. s oi was just passing that along...good luck.

*10/1/08 Married

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

yeah i feel you...i mean u don't have to provide any evidence at all when u filing, but i just thinks it helps alot when u do.. s oi was just passing that along...good luck.

did u go through K1 route too FRJ? I'm considering your suggestion anyway. It's not a bad idea though.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Timeline

did u go through K1 route too FRJ? I'm considering your suggestion anyway. It's not a bad idea though.

no i adjusted thru f-1. when i did mine, i followed the guide, thinking that's what everybody did. it was interesting to note however, that at my actual interview, the IO was thumbing thru the folder the very same way that i had sent it. now i know why she didnt ask so many questions and why she never asked for any more supporting docs, because i had included all that stuff with my application. good luck to you. keep us posted.

*10/1/08 Married

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

no i adjusted thru f-1. when i did mine, i followed the guide, thinking that's what everybody did. it was interesting to note however, that at my actual interview, the IO was thumbing thru the folder the very same way that i had sent it. now i know why she didnt ask so many questions and why she never asked for any more supporting docs, because i had included all that stuff with my application. good luck to you. keep us posted.

u did a good job though. grats to u!

i hope i can get mine as fast as yours ;)

but like i said, am considering ur suggestion. but i wanted to submit my application asap cos my medical exam will expire next month (refer to timeline below) and trying to avoid taking another one to cut cost.

thanks again FRJ.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Timeline

u did a good job though. grats to u!

i hope i can get mine as fast as yours ;)

but like i said, am considering ur suggestion. but i wanted to submit my application asap cos my medical exam will expire next month (refer to timeline below) and trying to avoid taking another one to cut cost.

thanks again FRJ.

no prob...

*10/1/08 Married

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No evidence of bondfide marriage is expected when filing for AOS. It doesn't make any sense for AOS. Some K-1s get married after being here for 5 days so say married in 5 days and then filing for AOS on day 10, how could anything be established in just 10 days? Where bonafide is a priority is during removal of conditions.

During AOS, K-1s are without an SSN and a drivers license. I won't even attempt to put my wife's name on anything when most agencies/companies/whatever are going to want an SSN and/or some proof of legal residency. Without a SSN, drivers license, legal residency, it is very difficult to do anything in this country.

Some people do not have an AOS interview (not sure what the percentage is), because K-1s have just recently been cleared by the embassy and so to clear a person (relationship) yet again only months later is overkill. They wait until removal of conditions for the true love, true marriage evidence.

They give a two year green card so people have time to prove the marriage is real..... this is why a 10 year green card isn't given from the get-go.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

No evidence of bondfide marriage is expected when filing for AOS. It doesn't make any sense for AOS. Some K-1s get married after being here for 5 days so say married in 5 days and then filing for AOS on day 10, how could anything be established in just 10 days? Where bonafide is a priority is during removal of conditions.

During AOS, K-1s are without an SSN and a drivers license. I won't even attempt to put my wife's name on anything when most agencies/companies/whatever are going to want an SSN and/or some proof of legal residency. Without a SSN, drivers license, legal residency, it is very difficult to do anything in this country.

Some people do not have an AOS interview (not sure what the percentage is), because K-1s have just recently been cleared by the embassy and so to clear a person (relationship) yet again only months later is overkill. They wait until removal of conditions for the true love, true marriage evidence.

They give a two year green card so people have time to prove the marriage is real..... this is why a 10 year green card isn't given from the get-go.

i only realised that the OP was k-1 after my first response...and if you read the post you can see the extent of the conversation....i really dont get where u coming in with this post....the conversation was long done my friend!

*10/1/08 Married

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

that truly makes sense but what do u think about my case? am here at the US for 9 months now? i have my SSN and we already have joint bank account? do u think i need to provide evidence of bonifide marriage together with the documents that i'll be submitting for the application or just bring it for the interview if i'll have (i hope not :P )?

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i only realised that the OP was k-1 after my first response...and if you read the post you can see the extent of the conversation....i really dont get where u coming in with this post....the conversation was long done my friend!

I was writing as you were replying....

Maybe someone will benefit even if I was late.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

I was writing as you were replying....

Maybe someone will benefit even if I was late.

Yep, I realized that too but i dont see any problem with that. :thumbs:

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.