tomaran

IV15 checklist / packet 3 ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This morning i received a letter from the US embassy in London stating that they had received the approved petition from the NVC.

They also included a link to download the IV15 checklist and a link for the medical exam.

Can i assume that this is the packet 3 that i have seen on these forums?

Also one of the checkboxes in the IV15 is titled 'notarized statement'. Is this for the letter of intent?

I cant think of any notarized statements that we sent with the initial application.

As always your help and experience and comments are greatly appreciated :)

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Timeline
Moving to Embassy forum.

sorry :wacko:

was it an email or regular mail? thanks :)

No it was regular mail on US embassy paper

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

This morning i received a letter from the US embassy in London stating that they had received the approved petition from the NVC.

They also included a link to download the IV15 checklist and a link for the medical exam.

Also one of the checkboxes in the IV15 is titled 'notarized statement'. Is this for the letter of intent?

I cant think of any notarized statements that we sent with the initial application.

London Packet 3 is no longer a packet, but a link to find information on their website. Yes, you have P3 now.

Unfortunately, their website has also been changing and it's getting a bit disorganized.

Here's a version of the checklist that was new http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/forms...t_Readiness.pdf

And here's the one you now find in their links that's even newer http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ess_K_visas.pdf

The second link added a few items to the checklist with no written information about what the notarized statement is.

This is what I think for reasons to have a notarized statement.

1. If you try to navigate their unorganized pages, there is reference to people that can't get a birth certificate, especially born in India or Pakistan. There are provisions for covering that which could included a sworn statement from your mother, father, or other relative.

2. Another reason for a sworn or notarized statement would be in the case of applying for a child's K2 visa. Permission by the UK biological father must be obtained if the mother does not have a court decree showing full custody of the child. So for a child, often people have a notarized statement from the father giving his permission to take the child from the UK. The link about children no longer explains that process.

3. Any documents not in English, like a foreign birth certificate, would need a translation and a sworn/notarized statement by the translator that it was accurate.

Anything that doesn't apply to you write n/a in the box.

You can send the completed DS forms now and send the checklist when you have obtained everything on it.

OR if you prepared in advance, send the DS forms and the checklist together.

Forms:

DS-230 part 1 (page 1 & 2 only)

DS-156

DS-156K (Do not sign. You sign at the interview)

DS-157 (Some confusion on this one because normally for males, but a British female was asked to fill out one at the Embassy. So easier to do it and if they don't want it, they can toss it.)

There is also reference to complete all the forms in duplicate now somewhere on Embassy London website, which is a slight change.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

London Packet 3 is no longer a packet, but a link to find information on their website. Yes, you have P3 now.

Unfortunately, their website has also been changing and it's getting a bit disorganized.

Here's a version of the checklist that was new http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/forms...t_Readiness.pdf

And here's the one you now find in their links that's even newer http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ess_K_visas.pdf

The second link added a few items to the checklist with no written information about what the notarized statement is.

This is what I think for reasons to have a notarized statement.

1. If you try to navigate their unorganized pages, there is reference to people that can't get a birth certificate, especially born in India or Pakistan. There are provisions for covering that which could included a sworn statement from your mother, father, or other relative.

2. Another reason for a sworn or notarized statement would be in the case of applying for a child's K2 visa. Permission by the UK biological father must be obtained if the mother does not have a court decree showing full custody of the child. So for a child, often people have a notarized statement from the father giving his permission to take the child from the UK. The link about children no longer explains that process.

3. Any documents not in English, like a foreign birth certificate, would need a translation and a sworn/notarized statement by the translator that it was accurate.

Anything that doesn't apply to you write n/a in the box.

You can send the completed DS forms now and send the checklist when you have obtained everything on it.

OR if you prepared in advance, send the DS forms and the checklist together.

Forms:

DS-230 part 1 (page 1 & 2 only)

DS-156

DS-156K (Do not sign. You sign at the interview)

DS-157 (Some confusion on this one because normally for males, but a British female was asked to fill out one at the Embassy. So easier to do it and if they don't want it, they can toss it.)

There is also reference to complete all the forms in duplicate now somewhere on Embassy London website, which is a slight change.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU :thumbs:

Timeline
o.k, all systems go! good luck

Do i send in ALL the DS forms or just the DS-230 part 1??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.