9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our interview is scheduled for April 20, but mu hubby has only visited once. He stayed from Jun 18 2008 to July 27 2008 and we were married during that time. Since then he hasn't visited, but we have kept records of our Yahoo Messenger conversations and we've spent time together online every day. We've also exchanged cards and gifts through mail.

Do we have reason to fear being denied since he hasn't visited, even though we have kept in regular contact with each other?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Our interview is scheduled for April 20, but mu hubby has only visited once. He stayed from Jun 18 2008 to July 27 2008 and we were married during that time. Since then he hasn't visited, but we have kept records of our Yahoo Messenger conversations and we've spent time together online every day. We've also exchanged cards and gifts through mail.

Do we have reason to fear being denied since he hasn't visited, even though we have kept in regular contact with each other?

Didnt u post this in the moring?

U have nothing to fear , but the fear itself.

Dont worry.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

From what I have read on this forum, bring as much evidence as you can. Pictures of the visit, wedding, honeymoon, emails, IMs, phone call records, engagement ring and wedding ring receipts, anything that will show that you have a REAL marriage. The Philippines seems to be considered a high marriage fraud country, so the more evidence you have the better. Don't ramble during the interview, but make sure you let them know that you simply love your husband and want to be with him. Not everyone can afford multiple trips, so only visiting once is not unreasonable, but it is the consular officer that will decide if your marriage is for real. Don't say anything that will give them the idea that you want to immigrate for any reason other than to be with your husband. You love him and you can't wait to be together because you love him, etc. Ask God for His Grace and don't be too nervous (and don't listen to your "friends"). Thousands of people go through this process successfully. God bless and best wishes,

RickD

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 2008-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2009-01-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-01-12

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-21

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-10

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2009-02-27

Comments : 01/26/2009 Touched

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 37 days from your NOA1 date.

Your I-130 was approved in 46 days from your NOA1 date.

RickD

http://www.freebizfromhome.com

If you really want things to change, you actually have to DO something!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much...

You are giving me so much hope, He didnt visited for a reason of work and school..

Also we want to save the money for our future..

Its making me really scared that will be denied for that kind of reason its making me so sad and so afraid.

BUt i guess you are right that i should have faith in God and specially we're really in love..

Thank you so much for your advice...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will be okay since you spent time together for a longer period of time .I was thinking 2 weeks hahaha. Those who are send to FPU are couples who spend time together for 2 weeks only and haven't visited eversince. The CO wont deny you but will just asked few questions if ever once lang nagkita then got married after few days of meeting..

Relax..everything will go smoothly.Good luck!

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: Timeline

MY WIFE IS IN COLOMBIA AND I AM A PERMANENT RESIDENT IN THE USA, I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES FOR TWO AND A HALF YEARS, AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY TYPE OF VISA. I SUBMITTED A I-130 PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE TO THE USCIS VERMONT SERVICE CENTER, ON DECEMBER 2008. I GOT A RECEIPT NUMBER AFTER ONE MONTH WHERE THEY INFORM ME THAT MY CASE IS PENDING AND ALL THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT. I WONDER WHICH WOULD BE THE NEXT STEP, OR IF THERE IS ANY OTHER WAY TO GET A VISA FOR HER? HELP PLEASE.

just prepare lots of documents and also answer why you got married immediately on his first visit...they might ask you that..

but if everything is fine with all your documents then you dont have to worry.

God bless you

Best if your hubby makes another trip or attends the interview. If you guys get denied you'll end up spending a LOT more money than the cost of another trip.

Do you have life insurance, joint accounts, wills and other things common to a bonafide loving marriage?

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.