Bill S

Infopass experience and questions

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I had an infopass appointment today to extend my I-551 because my one year extension was due to expire on 3/22/09, appointment was for 1:00pm I got there around 12:30pm got called to the window and told him what I needed, my passport is expired so I brought 2 pics with me the officer took them and checked my status and told he is not showing why my case is taking so long and I might be called for another interview, which is fine with me since we are going to be married for 5 years this august anyway he made me an temp I-551. my questions is that on temp I-551 it says that my permanent residency is extended for one year but I am only authorize to work for next 6 months is that normal another thing they took my 2 year GC away is that normal too I feel naked without it and the temp I-551 I got is so flimsy I dare not keep it in my wallet all the time. Another thing I asked the officer if I should go ahead with my n-400 and he told me that I should wait till they take care of my I-751 because if that is denied then my n-400 will be automatically be denied is that true any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank U.

married 08/06/04

applied for I-485/I-130 06/10/05

GC approved 03/22/06

applied for ROC(I-751) 03/17/08

Received 1 year extension on 03/22/08

received 1 year extension on 03/19/09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go ahead with your N-400. If your marriage is valid and you have no concerns about it (and a 5th anniversary shows it seems on pretty solid ground), then they will have to adjudicate the I-751 in order to process the N-400. VSC seems really screwed up. They are processing cases with a good 6 month spread between them at the same time while there are applications still outstanding from 2007 and early 2008. I highly doubt your case will be 'denied' due to the length of time it is taking. I would put that down to VSC incompetence and you might as well get on with your life instead of waiting for them to get their act together. I think it is also a good idea for you to contact your Senator's office and ask them to investigate this delay. Good luck to you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
Go ahead with your N-400. If your marriage is valid and you have no concerns about it (and a 5th anniversary shows it seems on pretty solid ground), then they will have to adjudicate the I-751 in order to process the N-400. VSC seems really screwed up. They are processing cases with a good 6 month spread between them at the same time while there are applications still outstanding from 2007 and early 2008. I highly doubt your case will be 'denied' due to the length of time it is taking. I would put that down to VSC incompetence and you might as well get on with your life instead of waiting for them to get their act together. I think it is also a good idea for you to contact your Senator's office and ask them to investigate this delay. Good luck to you.

Hi .

Go ahead N 400 if you can get all conditions . DO not wait .

You already made big mistake by not applying for n-400. so hurry and apply it as soon as possible. it will force uscis to make decsion on I-751 also you will be able to get citizen soon.

Hi everybody,

I had an infopass appointment today to extend my I-551 because my one year extension was due to expire on 3/22/09, appointment was for 1:00pm I got there around 12:30pm got called to the window and told him what I needed, my passport is expired so I brought 2 pics with me the officer took them and checked my status and told he is not showing why my case is taking so long and I might be called for another interview, which is fine with me since we are going to be married for 5 years this august anyway he made me an temp I-551. my questions is that on temp I-551 it says that my permanent residency is extended for one year but I am only authorize to work for next 6 months is that normal another thing they took my 2 year GC away is that normal too I feel naked without it and the temp I-551 I got is so flimsy I dare not keep it in my wallet all the time. Another thing I asked the officer if I should go ahead with my n-400 and he told me that I should wait till they take care of my I-751 because if that is denied then my n-400 will be automatically be denied is that true any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank U.

married 08/06/04

applied for I-485/I-130 06/10/05

GC approved 03/22/06

applied for ROC(I-751) 03/17/08

Received 1 year extension on 03/22/08

received 1 year extension on 03/19/09

N-400

09/14/2009 - N-400 Sent to Texas Lock Box

09/16/2009 - Delivered by USPS Priority Mail

09/18/2009 - Single Check Cashed 675 $

09/18/2009 - NOA Showing 595 $ ?

10/07/2009 - Biometrics - Done @ Jackson, MS

10/21/2009 - Interview Letter

12/08/2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

I-751

09/14/2008 I-751 Sent to VSC

09/19/2008 NOA

03/05/2009 VSC to CSC Transfer

05/28/2009 Approval of I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.