ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Yay, got my account back (without any need to verify account holder name... odd indeed).

Yay, my main was stripped of basically anything useful... So it's a wait on the restoration process (I hope), or to spend time on my 30-something priest.

Am really looking forward to that patch, so I'm hoping I get all of my ####### back, heh..

Ohh ok, I didn't realize you account was actually hacked as well!

That's too bad. Just so you know, it only took them a day or two to restore my stuff back, after they reactivated my account.

Took them two weeks to restore it (which I'm very thankful they did), waited two days for the in-game ticket regarding restoration to be responded to... and now it's been three days without word. Heck, I have no issue waiting the week... so long as I get my gear and money back. Can't even get into a heroic with two pieces of PvP gear and a random epic they couldn't disenchant...

Almost makes me want to unlearn enchanting, heh.

And I've been a couple of guilds where the leaders decided to jump ship... of course, not without handing over all of the bank loot to a buddy... But as I have no inclination to run my own guild, that's the position we put ourselves into, I guess...

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So we're moving people from one guild over into the new one. The thing is that we are using one of the members guilds that was empty, mostly because it had 6 tabs already. The problem I find is that the people whose guild it was were not officers or anything like that. Now, they are taking over and dictating what goes on and I'm really none too pleased about it. I'm not an officer myself, but Mel is. I guess it really wasn't discussed who would be taking the lead on this. I have no desire to step up in any sort of capacity, and am even considering leaving my main raiding toon out of the guild. I know my wife will end up convincing me to join back up though :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh for gawd's sake - we get on last night and all of a sudden people are jumping out of the guild righta dn left and then shortly thereafter the GM is hoofing people and their alts all throughout the evening.

#######???? Unbenounced to Wiz or me - apparently some of our friends have not been getting on well with the GM of the guild we joined up with a few months back - we were actally part of this guild long before they came over and have good friends in both.

I have not experienced the issues people are talking about myself and neither ha my husband really - oh the drama!!!!

To stay, not stay....guess I'll have WoW stress now too.....why is guild life messy? I have to say the GM has been inviting some new members, younger shall we say, whose conversations in Vent and the guild chat are less then enjoyable to witness...and sometimes pretty unkosher (not that i'm a prude by any means, but I am a lady and expect people to be respectful of that...leave the trash talk for private convos

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Ugh, drama in a guild is just ridiculous. Our old GM and his gf decided to go play LoTR Online and not give anyone control. So, the officers raided the guild bank and made a new guild. I don't agree with the raiding the GB part, but i'm not an officer and had no part of it. The part that kind of gets me is that they left one item. One of those Valentines Day event candies that says "be mine" in the 6th tab, right in the middle. Now to make things worse, mel's sister and her ultra annoying BF have decided that they don't want to be hardcore raiders anymore and have started playing alliance again. They ask mel to join our guild, which was OK at first, but they talk non-stop about how great the Horde is and how they completely pwn the alliance on our realm. I keep typing out responses, but at the end of the sentence, I realize he's just a little twit. For the record, Horde only hold Wingergrasp once a day...... when the kiddies get home from school, but before the adults get off work :snicker:

Tonight is our first run in 25 man naxx as a new guild and I'm worried that we'll get patchwork down and nothing else. I haven't done 25 man naxx in quite a while and am going to spend the balance of today watching youtube vids to refresh my memory of all the fights. I just hope we don't have to pug outside people and embarass ourselves. :blush:

Timeline

Did BRD last night on my priest (thank god I wasn't asked to heal it). First time running that instance where It wasn't by a lvl 80. I have to say that it was really fun, especially that room before the last two boss. I almost got kicked from the group though :blush:

The leader was a mage, and after every big pull, he would post recount DPS info into chat. I have no AoE skills really (Holy Nova doesn't count), but I know my single target DPS was far beyond theirs. So for the final 5 boss', I would ask him to post the Boss DPS. The first time, he tried to post the overall and I was quick to correct him. I was doing 490 DPS on the boss, but only about 300 overall. He of course was doing about 190 on the boss, but 340 overall. So after the third to last boss, after I asked to see it, he says "yeah yeah yeah, you are much better than we all are on boss', but overall, i'm doing the most DPS. Raids need all sorts of DPS and each is as important as the other". I really almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one. I couldn't resist. I replied "Really? Thats how it works in Naxx/EoE/Ulduar in your guild?". He was silent after that. I'm really loving my shadow priest. I'm regretting spending the 1k gold to dual spec him as I don't plan on healing. I really can't wait til I get mind sear and shadow word death. Although, i'm told that shadow word death takes a lot of getting used to.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Did BRD last night on my priest (thank god I wasn't asked to heal it). First time running that instance where It wasn't by a lvl 80. I have to say that it was really fun, especially that room before the last two boss. I almost got kicked from the group though :blush:

The leader was a mage, and after every big pull, he would post recount DPS info into chat. I have no AoE skills really (Holy Nova doesn't count), but I know my single target DPS was far beyond theirs. So for the final 5 boss', I would ask him to post the Boss DPS. The first time, he tried to post the overall and I was quick to correct him. I was doing 490 DPS on the boss, but only about 300 overall. He of course was doing about 190 on the boss, but 340 overall. So after the third to last boss, after I asked to see it, he says "yeah yeah yeah, you are much better than we all are on boss', but overall, i'm doing the most DPS. Raids need all sorts of DPS and each is as important as the other". I really almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one. I couldn't resist. I replied "Really? Thats how it works in Naxx/EoE/Ulduar in your guild?". He was silent after that. I'm really loving my shadow priest. I'm regretting spending the 1k gold to dual spec him as I don't plan on healing. I really can't wait til I get mind sear and shadow word death. Although, i'm told that shadow word death takes a lot of getting used to.

Haha, I duel spec'd my Spriest last week before a BRD so I could heal it...We actually did fairly well, though I'm used to healing on my druid lately. I also had a mage leader who posted DPS all the time :S He also wouldnt watch his aggro AT ALL, so he pulled off our tank often...it is much harder to keep a mage up than a warrior :( I let him die twice though, and I think he got the hint after that. Priests are great healers, but holy ####### they're hard on mana compared to druids! I think I looked for my 'innervate' 20 times :P

I love SPriest though :D I had one on my old account, along with my first raiding hunter (account was in Ex's name, so I had to start from scratch with release of Wrath).

But I never got my priest beyond 68, so I didnt have all the cool skills, but I did have SW:Death...which is totally fun, but a pain if you misjudge how low their health is...stupid thing can hurt lol :)

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I use SW death all the time - not strictly in rotation - because that does hurt, but if i'm just waiting a few secs for mind blast to come up I will use it. Yeah it does hurt a bit but it's a powerful spell and the healers are generally doing group heals anyway - so why not!

Mind Sear - you will love it, it is an incredibly powerful AOE and generally in raid situations involving lots of groups, myself and the other SP in our guild are top DPS.

Timeline

Some interesting news. I just read that Sam Raimi has been named the director of the upcoming warcraft movies.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10292811-1.html

So Mel and I left our guild.... couldn't take the lame melodrama anymore. I now see their new officer (which is the major reason we left) spamming trade chat recruiting new members. It's really sad seeing him get clowned on in chat. I was going to use a lvl 1 that I have to flame people in trade chat to point out that they are on farm mode on spider wing on naxx 10 :rofl: I left it alone, and i'm having fun NOT having to deal with guild chat, or having to run around the game helping people with quests, or getting requests to run people through lowbie instances. I'm going to take my time and find a guild. I don't want to join a hardcore raiding guild who does nothing but raid. But at the same time, I don't want to join a carebear guild that just hangs out and barely pulls off 10 man naxx.

I've kind of stalled on my priest. I've got a bug on my account. For some reason, my rested XP has not increased at the rate it should on my priest. I haven't played it in nearly 10 days and have only gained 13% rested XP. Meanwhile, my pali who I play every day is on rested XP from lvl 74 to 80. So i'm going to take advantage of it on my pali b4 I put in a ticket for my priest :whistle:

Some interesting news. I just read that Sam Raimi has been named the director of the upcoming warcraft movies.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10292811-1.html

So Mel and I left our guild.... couldn't take the lame melodrama anymore. I now see their new officer (which is the major reason we left) spamming trade chat recruiting new members. It's really sad seeing him get clowned on in chat. I was going to use a lvl 1 that I have to flame people in trade chat to point out that they are on farm mode on spider wing on naxx 10 :rofl: I left it alone, and i'm having fun NOT having to deal with guild chat, or having to run around the game helping people with quests, or getting requests to run people through lowbie instances. I'm going to take my time and find a guild. I don't want to join a hardcore raiding guild who does nothing but raid. But at the same time, I don't want to join a carebear guild that just hangs out and barely pulls off 10 man naxx.

I've kind of stalled on my priest. I've got a bug on my account. For some reason, my rested XP has not increased at the rate it should on my priest. I haven't played it in nearly 10 days and have only gained 13% rested XP. Meanwhile, my pali who I play every day is on rested XP from lvl 74 to 80. So i'm going to take advantage of it on my pali b4 I put in a ticket for my priest :whistle:

I thought you couldn't accumulate more than a bar and a half of rested xp? (This, of course, is based on Classic WoW days, when I actually bothered to log out at an inn while leveling... :whistle: )

Ben and I fell into a guild being led by an old GM of ours... we left his guild back in Nov due to raid rearrangements that didn't suit us, and he since merged his guild with another fairly decent guild on the server. It's interesting to raid again... especially in an environment neither one of us know at all.

Surprising how, though the GM is seventeen, he's better equipped to handle the children than some of the much older leaders we've fallen under. Maybe because he's so closely connected to them? Haha.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

FINALLY got my green protodrake mount!! WOOOT!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice - exactly how many eggs did you have to babysit? :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Hey you! Long time not chat!

Eggs...let's see.....

I'd say a good 4 months worth...buying an egg every week.

I got all of the 4 vanity pets at least 3 times each, only got the rotten eggs like twice.

I made some good gold from the pets so...it worked out LOL

This thread is really trippy when you don't play WoW.

:lol:

lol it really does! When I try to explain what wow is to people who don't play...I feel like a noob at real life. :(

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Hey you! Long time not chat!

Eggs...let's see.....

I'd say a good 4 months worth...buying an egg every week.

I got all of the 4 vanity pets at least 3 times each, only got the rotten eggs like twice.

I made some good gold from the pets so...it worked out LOL

This thread is really trippy when you don't play WoW.

:lol:

lol it really does! When I try to explain what wow is to people who don't play...I feel like a noob at real life. :(

Woot! :dance: Just got done doing my rep with the Oracles to revered, I bought my first egg 3 days ago, wish me luck!!

But it doesn't matter, hubby got his Time-Lost Proto Drake after only 1 week of farming a few months ago....lucky ####### :devil:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.