al-Hubb jameel

Sugaring?

25 posts in this topic

My big tip is talc powder. I use the 'hot' wax on my underarms. I cleanse the area first, thoroughly dry and then lightly talc. This means the wax will stick to the hair and not your skin.

Apply wax, wait a minute or so and then peel off. Hair comes out skin stays on.

Edited by DairyFarmer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
No they weren't doing it wrong it hurts like hell. But if you do it on a regular basis it starts to hurt less you get more used to it. However, in my experiece some people do have a lighter touch than others. I always had my whole face done and I always cried involuntarily when they did my lip. You know I think Mena people are obsessed because they find hair i never knew I had, or maybe it's cuz I'm blind as a bat.

OK good, at least I'm not the only one that thought it hurt. You had your whole face done with Threading??? ouch!! Yea, I've noticed that same thing too- MENA folks really seem to place alot of empathis on hair removal, both the men and the women. (just to clarify- I meant hair removal of the woman-but both genders place the empathis). It seems like it's considered part of being feminine.

My big tip is talc powder. I use the 'hot' wax on my underarms. I cleanse the area first, thoroughly dry and then lightly talc. This means the wax will stick to the hair and not your skin.

Apply wax, wait a minute or so and then peel off. Hair comes out skin stays on.

Good tip..thanks! :thumbs:

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline
very interesting... however it did look like her skin was being pinched in the thread as well when the hair was getting pulled out which definitely is painful. Other than that it does seem just like tweezing. I don't find tweezing my eyebrows painful at all anymore so I'm willing to give it a go...

I like how she added, practice practice and watch out not to pull out the hairs you want ;) hehe

Good luck- let me know how it goes! And yes, practice---but how do you practice? Maybe on someone other than yourself?? :whistle:

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
Here is my take on waxing. I have found that many white women with the lighter white hairs on their legs will have a very difficult time with sugar wax.

Thanks for your feedback Hmmm. This is not good news to me, as I am blonde and white and fair skinned. :( But nair does NOT work for me, so maybe the sugar waxing will. (I'm not sure if that conclusion makes any sense, but I guess trying is the only way to find out) I'll keep you updated. Hope to try this week some time. :)

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: Timeline
Here is my take on waxing. I have found that many white women with the lighter white hairs on their legs will have a very difficult time with sugar wax.

Thanks for your feedback Hmmm. This is not good news to me, as I am blonde and white and fair skinned. :( But nair does NOT work for me, so maybe the sugar waxing will. (I'm not sure if that conclusion makes any sense, but I guess trying is the only way to find out) I'll keep you updated. Hope to try this week some time. :)

Each person has different things that work for them. My suggestion (and quite a time/money saver since you shouldn't gamble with your skin) is find a well known, established spa near you. Ask for references and call around....then schedule a visit with a professional aesthetician. They can help you and make suggestions that are best for your skin type on waxing/hair removal. It's so worth it.

Timeline

Each person has different things that work for them. My suggestion (and quite a time/money saver since you shouldn't gamble with your skin) is find a well known, established spa near you. Ask for references and call around....then schedule a visit with a professional aesthetician. They can help you and make suggestions that are best for your skin type on waxing/hair removal. It's so worth it.

What beautiful children you have!!! Thank you, that's good advice, and actually I have done that, and she recommended something called a brazillian blue wax, but I haven't tried it with that yet. The only reason I feel ok to attempt sugaring myself is because it's not used at a hight heat, nor does it grab the skin. I'm not confident trying regular wax myself for that very reason- I could really damage my skin if i did it wrong. If sugaring ends up not working, I will get done professionally. I really hope it does work though because I hate having stubble from shaving, and going to get waxed professionally is too expensive (approx. 250 plus tip) for me to do on a regular basis (besides brow). Once in a while, or special occasions fine, but I need to figure out something that can replace my razors for long term. Thanks again!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: Timeline

What beautiful children you have!!! Thank you, that's good advice, and actually I have done that, and she recommended something called a brazillian blue wax, but I haven't tried it with that yet. The only reason I feel ok to attempt sugaring myself is because it's not used at a hight heat, nor does it grab the skin. I'm not confident trying regular wax myself for that very reason- I could really damage my skin if i did it wrong. If sugaring ends up not working, I will get done professionally. I really hope it does work though because I hate having stubble from shaving, and going to get waxed professionally is too expensive (approx. 250 plus tip) for me to do on a regular basis (besides brow). Once in a while, or special occasions fine, but I need to figure out something that can replace my razors for long term. Thanks again!

ty (F)

Well good luck...I wish you a pain free solution. However, my Grammy always said (mind you after burning w/ me with a hot curling iron while doing my hair) "You must suffer to be beautiful"....how darn true is that! :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

OK good, at least I'm not the only one that thought it hurt. You had your whole face done with Threading??? ouch!!

Like I said they found more than I knew I had! LOL! And yeah Ouch!!

Edited by LucyLovesRicky

Timeline
Well good luck...I wish you a pain free solution. However, my Grammy always said (mind you after burning w/ me with a hot curling iron while doing my hair) "You must suffer to be beautiful"....how darn true is that! :P

Thank you and I think your Grammy was totally right (although sorry about the curling iron!)!!

OK good, at least I'm not the only one that thought it hurt. You had your whole face done with Threading??? ouch!!

Like I said they found more than I knew I had! LOL! And yeah Ouch!!

:crying:

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I went to a spa the first time so I could see how the waxing is done. They did it much faster than I can and with less pain, but as you said, it was expensive. I was in California at the time and paid about $100. The wax worked fine on my coarser hair, but I still found leftover hairs on my legs that the professionals missed. It did help to see how they did it so when I started, I had a much better idea of how. I haven't damaged my skin though I have gotten some rashes before if I didn't do it just right. The wax that works best for me is the hot wax that hardens and you pull it off without strips, but it is expensive to use in large areas so I wouldn't recommend it for the legs. Like others said though, you have to find what works for you.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.