Autumnchik

Girly thread (men beware!)

316 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay, here's a new one. Weight loss... do you go buy new clothes or spend money to have the ones you already have tailored? Both cost almost as much, but tailoring seems cheaper. Especially since it seems as if ther emight be more weight to lose..... Thoughts?

I'm doing a combination of both. If it's an expensive piece that I spent $100+ on, I'm getting it tailored (mostly expensive pants/jeans I have) - otherwise I'm just going to buy new clothes... definitely my new excuse to shop!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
Okay, here's a new one. Weight loss... do you go buy new clothes or spend money to have the ones you already have tailored? Both cost almost as much, but tailoring seems cheaper. Especially since it seems as if ther emight be more weight to lose..... Thoughts?

I've a little more than 40 pounds in the last two years for health reasons.

I have a few very beautiful and expensive suits that I felt were worth altering. Everything else went to charity. Then I went to a mall that has wardrobe consultants to help me get together some good quality, mix-and-match items to start up my new wardrobe. After that it was just a matter of picking up a new thing here and there at sales, outlets and discount stores.

I actually found that having a consultant help me find a small set of good qualitly, long lasting, timeless peices was very cost effective since I was pretty much starting from scratch.

One more tip, go get measured for new bras. my bust changed quite a bit after losing all that wieght. Most women actually wear the wrong bra size. You look so much better when you get it right. :yes:

~ Catherine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
One more tip, go get measured for new bras. my bust changed quite a bit after losing all that wieght. Most women actually wear the wrong bra size. You look so much better when you get it right. :yes:

~ Catherine

OOOH that is SOOOO important great tip gal... I went from a 36 to a 34 and never even realized it!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

~ Catherine

OOOH that is SOOOO important great tip gal... I went from a 36 to a 34 and never even realized it!!

I wish my ####### size would have gone down lol. Ive lost 50lbs in the last year, and hoping to lose another 10-15, but its still the same :angry:

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Timeline

~ Catherine

I wish my ####### size would have gone down lol. Ive lost 50lbs in the last year, and hoping to lose another 10-15, but its still the same :angry:

Ha ha.. my cup size actually increased :blink: but the band size did decrease :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Okay, I had to resurrect this thread because I need my ladies to give me some girly info. I was thinking I would surprise hubby and get my first ever down there wax ... maybe not a Brazilian, but a lot off .... well, in my small town, there are no appointments this weekend, everything was booked. So is it an incredibly stupid and potentially dangerous (I am a clutz) idea to wax myself at home? The rational side of me thinks, lord girl don't do it .... but the part of me that just drank a few beers says full speed ahead. I will promise to wait until someone posts here because I really am thinking I need someone to stop me :) BTW, back in my punk college days, when I was bored or buzzed, I would change things about my appearance .... dye my hair, pierce another hole in my ear, etc. Apparently having hubster and kiddolini gone makes me lose a bunch of years in maturity :lol:

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

When dealing with that area I would wait for a professional. You may also get pointers from them if you plan to do it at home. Don't mess with the #######. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Okay, I had to resurrect this thread because I need my ladies to give me some girly info. I was thinking I would surprise hubby and get my first ever down there wax ... maybe not a Brazilian, but a lot off .... well, in my small town, there are no appointments this weekend, everything was booked. So is it an incredibly stupid and potentially dangerous (I am a clutz) idea to wax myself at home? The rational side of me thinks, lord girl don't do it .... but the part of me that just drank a few beers says full speed ahead. I will promise to wait until someone posts here because I really am thinking I need someone to stop me :) BTW, back in my punk college days, when I was bored or buzzed, I would change things about my appearance .... dye my hair, pierce another hole in my ear, etc. Apparently having hubster and kiddolini gone makes me lose a bunch of years in maturity :lol:

Ohhh Autumn! I would have to say no to the home waxing... unless you're SUPER brave and good at it.... I have tried and it's SO hard doing it yourself. It's awkward standing up, it's hard ripping it off yourself as opposed to someone else doing it, and the store bought wax isn't nearly as good as salon wax... when I tried it, the wax didn't work, stuck a bit, it was horrible! That is just my own experience though, so if you feel up to it go for it! My personal opinion is wait it out for an opening at the salon :) Especially because you're a wax virgin it may be best to let someone else inflict the pain on you :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Thank you Jill and Nev. I am going to listen to your advice and not do it. See what happens when I drink a few beers .... I have drank so minimally since I had a baby that it all goes to my head and makes me think I can jump off tall buildings in a single bound :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
Thank you Jill and Nev. I am going to listen to your advice and not do it. See what happens when I drink a few beers .... I have drank so minimally since I had a baby that it all goes to my head and makes me think I can jump off tall buildings in a single bound :)

:lol: and no matter how good you are at home, the salon will do a better, smoother job.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Read this first! :lol:

One Woman's Tale of Woe

As I read that I kept saying: "DAMNIT JUST USE THE OIL!" :lol:

I use the cold strips for my eyebrows. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife has waxed for years (doing it herself) and has also tried various professionals and she's said that she does a better job. Of course, she also said it hurts like all hell. But I suppose practice makes perfect in this case and apparently, she's very good at it. Painkillers help too. :P

Timeline

If you've never waxed before, doing it at home = bad idea.

I do much of my own waxing now, but I had a friend who was an esthetician who did mine to begin with, gave me tips and then finally I tried on my own. Some areas are just impossible to contort yourself in order to see :whistle:

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.