ladymay

I-129F & G325A employment question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Gibraltar
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance & I are filling out the following forms (I-129F & G325A) for the fiance(e) visa. My fiance is outside the US and is filling out the employment info(last 5 years of employment) on the G325A form. When he was here in the USA he overstayed his visa and now has a 10 year ban :(. While he was here in the USA he worked for a couple of employers who donated money to his mother(who was a missionary here in the USA) and that's how he got payed....

Questions - If he puts down those employers on the form will they be incriminated at all through this visa process because they paid him through donations to his mother? How should my fiance fill in his employment through them? Is it better to put unemployed for those time periods since there was no official payment directly to him?

As a side note - one of these employers went through the process of sponsoring my fiance for a work visa during part of his employment with them. Obviously the workers visa was denied, but I would think that would make incrimination less of an issue for that employer in this case...

Please help!

by the way - this site is amazing! I've read through many different posts and couldn't find one to fit this question exactly... I did find several asking about working in the us illegally and the majority of the answers said to put down the employment anyway because it's better to be honest. So, the main point of my question(s) above is whether or not his employers will be incriminated in anyway due to the way in which they paid him(under the table) as it were...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi ...wondering if your fiance declare the said taxes on the years that he stays in US if so thats properly documented and he can put those employers on the the G325A form.

Hello,

My fiance & I are filling out the following forms (I-129F & G325A) for the fiance(e) visa. My fiance is outside the US and is filling out the employment info(last 5 years of employment) on the G325A form. When he was here in the USA he overstayed his visa and now has a 10 year ban :(. While he was here in the USA he worked for a couple of employers who donated money to his mother(who was a missionary here in the USA) and that's how he got payed....

Questions - If he puts down those employers on the form will they be incriminated at all through this visa process because they paid him through donations to his mother? How should my fiance fill in his employment through them? Is it better to put unemployed for those time periods since there was no official payment directly to him?

As a side note - one of these employers went through the process of sponsoring my fiance for a work visa during part of his employment with them. Obviously the workers visa was denied, but I would think that would make incrimination less of an issue for that employer in this case...

Please help!

by the way - this site is amazing! I've read through many different posts and couldn't find one to fit this question exactly... I did find several asking about working in the us illegally and the majority of the answers said to put down the employment anyway because it's better to be honest. So, the main point of my question(s) above is whether or not his employers will be incriminated in anyway due to the way in which they paid him(under the table) as it were...

Timeline

Hi, this would be the fiance in question! Hello and thank you guys for your help. I would reiterate what Ladymay has said about this forum and your help. :) Thanks.

Since the money went to an organisation for whom my mother worked and they then paid the money to her account, it was my mother who paid taxes on the money. I have never held a US bank account or had anything else registered there under my name.

Later on I did do some occasional work for a friend helping him paint some houses and he paid me cash in hand. It was only a few jobs on a few occaisions and the total amount probably came to no more than 1000 dollars US, if even that much.

hi ...wondering if your fiance declare the said taxes on the years that he stays in US if so thats properly documented and he can put those employers on the the G325A form.

Hello,

Please help!

Timeline

BUMP

Hi, this would be the fiance in question! Hello and thank you guys for your help. I would reiterate what Ladymay has said about this forum and your help. :) Thanks.

Since the money went to an organisation for whom my mother worked and they then paid the money to her account, it was my mother who paid taxes on the money. I have never held a US bank account or had anything else registered there under my name.

Later on I did do some occasional work for a friend helping him paint some houses and he paid me cash in hand. It was only a few jobs on a few occaisions and the total amount probably came to no more than 1000 dollars US, if even that much.

Hello,

Please help!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

Please help!

Your fiance was not "employed" by these companies.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello,

Please help!

Does a K1 visa over ride a 10 year ban?

Timeline
Hello,

Please help!

Does a K1 visa over ride a 10 year ban?

My fiancee has spoken to two USCIS officers, one in person at the office and one over the phone to check whether my current status would be a problem. Both times they told it is not necessarily a problem by itself and it is possible for me to obtain the visa.

Unless someone knows otherwise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.