Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Stephen - any idea as to how much they want to raise the fee?! blah!

No idea—I haven't been able to find anything specific. There was a Los Angeles Times article earlier this month saying that they may have to increase fees due to budget shortfalls, but that's all I've been able to find.

I'll ask Elisha and post more if she can point me to something.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Mornin' March!

Strega nice to see you!

Missy... whats the update??

Hey everyone, I have been reading to catch up - I am so glad that things are finally moving for everyone! I am in Mobile spending as much time with my mom as I can, we aren't sure if she can hang on until Thanksgiving and I don't want to miss a minute right now. I will be back in Jackson Sunday though. We are set for the interview now - Lars had his medical exam Thursday. We did hit a small snag but I think we have it covered now. He needs a police certificate for everywhere he has lived if it's over 6 months. I don't know how I missed that! Anyway - he has contacted the appropriate people in Romania - he worked there a few years ago......and we should have it in time but the IO that we are talking to at the embassy said as long as he can show that he has tried to get it in time - if we don't have it, that should not be a reason to be denied.

I will be glad when we are done with all of this. It's been the most stressful thing I have ever done! I miss ya'll.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

Good morning everyone!

I have a question - I think I have misunderstood something. Does the embassy need the original copy of MY divorce decree or just Lars'? I have plenty of time to send it to him but I didn't, yet. Also, do they need MY birth certificate? I have reached saturation on all of these forms and packets and immigration issues....nothing else can sink in!

Good morning everyone!

I have a question - I think I have misunderstood something. Does the embassy need the original copy of MY divorce decree or just Lars'? I have plenty of time to send it to him but I didn't, yet. Also, do they need MY birth certificate? I have reached saturation on all of these forms and packets and immigration issues....nothing else can sink in!

In my experience, the embassy is only concerned with the beneficiary's documents. So they'll want to see HIS birth certificate and divorce decree, but couldn't care less about yours. The petitioner's eligibility has already been determined by USCIS; the consulate's responsibility is to ensure the beneficiary is eligible for the visa.

That said, the VJ guides suggest that you send him originals of everything submitted for the I-129F (which would presumably include your birth certificate and divorce decree) just in case the embassy asks to see them. But most likely they never will.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Good morning everyone!

In my experience, the embassy is only concerned with the beneficiary's documents. So they'll want to see HIS birth certificate and divorce decree, but couldn't care less about yours. The petitioner's eligibility has already been determined by USCIS; the consulate's responsibility is to ensure the beneficiary is eligible for the visa.

That said, the VJ guides suggest that you send him originals of everything submitted for the I-129F (which would presumably include your birth certificate and divorce decree) just in case the embassy asks to see them. But most likely they never will.

My fiancee was given a white slip because she did not have 2 pages of my divorce decree (which was sent through USCIS originally). It can really depend on the embassy and even the person asking that day. Better to be safe than sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
just called the embassy in warsaw, they do not have our packet 3 that we faxed back on the 19th of october... grrrrrrrrr

I understand your frustration. The embassy in Manila is now claiming they have our file from the NVC 5 weeks after being sent, and we should expect the visa to be issued soon. She did her cfo today with no problems. I find that amazing at this point with all that has happened getting this far.

Timeline
Good morning everyone!

I HATE letting go of my originals. But I'll do it.

For vital records like these, there really is no such thing as an "original"—not that you'll ever have in your possession, anyway. You have a certified copy of the record as it appears in the court's official records. The original remains in the possession of the court clerk or registrar in perpetuity.

You can always obtain additional certified copies, which carry the same legal weight of the originals, from the court clerk or department of vital records. Of course, there are varying degrees of expense and hassle involved in obtaining them, but losing one isn't the end of the world.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

For vital records like these, there really is no such thing as an "original"—not that you'll ever have in your possession, anyway. You have a certified copy of the record as it appears in the court's official records. The original remains in the possession of the court clerk or registrar in perpetuity.

You can always obtain additional certified copies, which carry the same legal weight of the originals, from the court clerk or department of vital records. Of course, there are varying degrees of expense and hassle involved in obtaining them, but losing one isn't the end of the world.

When I requested a copy of mine... I bought 3 or 4 copies... now I cant find what I did with them :)

I cant ... strike that... I can believe that we faxed docs to the Embassy a week ago... had to wait a week for them to tell us they dont have them! :D If I dont laugh, of course I would have to cry, so I choose laughter!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
just called the embassy in warsaw, they do not have our packet 3 that we faxed back on the 19th of october... grrrrrrrrr

OMG Richard, another delay... BTW, my fiancee never got packet 3 from Warsaw. After a week long wait after they said they sent it to her, we just faxed the checklist and DS230 pulled from their website. It looks like they have some problems after all. Ah, the Government...

Timeline

OMG Richard, another delay... BTW, my fiancee never got packet 3 from Warsaw. After a week long wait after they said they sent it to her, we just faxed the checklist and DS230 pulled from their website. It looks like they have some problems after all. Ah, the Government...

We didnt wait to actually get the packet. We had everything ready to go.... so much for trying to speed things up :)

Joanna re-faxed it today and I also emailed them a scanned version.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

We had Packet 3-related confusion as well. The Seoul consulate and Department of State computers showed that Packet 3 was sent to Elisha on September 29, but we didn't receive it until I sent them a message on the 30th—and the "re-sent" letter was dated October 1, not September 29.

Timeline

We had Packet 3-related confusion as well. The Seoul consulate and Department of State computers showed that Packet 3 was sent to Elisha on September 29, but we didn't receive it until I sent them a message on the 30th—and the "re-sent" letter was dated October 1, not September 29.

Why would the Embassy stage be any different from the rest of the journey :)

We have everything ready... just need the damn appointment... and preferably with a 2 week notice so it doesnt cost me a fortune to go over on short notice. 2 weeks advance bookings are sooooooooooooooooooo much cheaper and for 4 tickets that is a small fortune :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.