Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

and all the people said?

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're Catholic (or even if you're not!) you may find the following interesting.

Tomorrow, September 21st, is the feast day of Saint Matthew. His biggest claim to fame is for writing the first of the four Gospels... but he is also traditionally identified as the tax collector who left his job and became one of the twelve Apostles when Jesus saw him by the road and said "Follow me."

Tax collectors, then as now, were despised government functionaries. Sound like USCIS or NVC to you? So I think St. Matthew is the perfect saint to spring us all loose from the ruts we seem to be stuck in and get us all moving forward.

SAINT MATTHEW, PRAY FOR US!!!

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
If you're Catholic (or even if you're not!) you may find the following interesting.

Tomorrow, September 21st, is the feast day of Saint Matthew. His biggest claim to fame is for writing the first of the four Gospels... but he is also traditionally identified as the tax collector who left his job and became one of the twelve Apostles when Jesus saw him by the road and said "Follow me."

Tax collectors, then as now, were despised government functionaries. Sound like USCIS or NVC to you? So I think St. Matthew is the perfect saint to spring us all loose from the ruts we seem to be stuck in and get us all moving forward.

SAINT MATTHEW, PRAY FOR US!!!

Ephesians 6:12

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

AOS

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Good morning. Feel like I'm drowning today and having a hard time keeping my head above water. Let's hope THAT gets better soon!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Good morning. Feel like I'm drowning today and having a hard time keeping my head above water. Let's hope THAT gets better soon!

Is it raining as much there as it is here? It took me almost an hour and a half to get to work when it normally only takes me 30 minutes...

Grumble

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Is it raining as much there as it is here? It took me almost an hour and a half to get to work when it normally only takes me 30 minutes...

Grumble

Raining and the beginning of a two day crying jag, I think. Sad because Maggie went home, sad because July is getting approved now, sad because I know if I call USCIS I will just get pissed off......and SICK of the rain! I has rained here for days, I showed houses in the rain yesterday....probably again today too.

YIKES!! I sound like Whiney McWhiney Butt...... Time to get the tour books back out and do some more trip planning.

Seriously, do you think something happened to Stan? I have sent him a PM but haven't heard back. He hasn't been here for maybe.....3 weeks?? Do you think he's ok? I'm worried.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

Grumble

Raining and the beginning of a two day crying jag, I think. Sad because Maggie went home, sad because July is getting approved now, sad because I know if I call USCIS I will just get pissed off......and SICK of the rain! I has rained here for days, I showed houses in the rain yesterday....probably again today too.

YIKES!! I sound like Whiney McWhiney Butt...... Time to get the tour books back out and do some more trip planning.

Seriously, do you think something happened to Stan? I have sent him a PM but haven't heard back. He hasn't been here for maybe.....3 weeks?? Do you think he's ok? I'm worried.

I would think Stan is ok... probably just busy getting ready and such...

It has been raining here for over a week.... and I really want to PLAY GOLF!!

Its Monday, so you can whine today and today ONLY! :)

3 approvals on Sunday... USICS is kicking butt... just too bad that they are leaving a wake.. and we are in it!

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Good morning all! The weather people were predicting that it would rain all this week, but something seems to have shifted and we're getting one more gorgeous day. I hope this weather is mirrored in VSC's (and NVC's) progress for our March family today!

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So Janus my fiance got his medical today with the consulate doctor in Copenhagen.

I just thought I"d share the experience:

Our lawyer suggestsed he go and get some vaccinations ahead of time to prepare so he wouldn't have to get a lot of shots all in one day.

So Janus paid a lot of money a few weeks ago to get several (painful) shots.

When he went in today, the doctor told him he didn't need to get those shots even though they were on the form the consulate sent. So that was a big waste of money.

Then he asked him some standard questions, Janus took a blood exam, the doctor checked his throat, ears, eyes, breathing, and that was it.

And then of course he had to get a few shots that he wasn't expecting (shots he had gotten as a child but the doctor said he needed them again that wasn't acceptable). So as a 36 year old man, he had to get the shot for the mumps again!

Anyways, all in all with the unneccesary vaccinations, everything cost @ $1,000.00 which is very, VERY frustrating for our wallets as I'm sure you can imagine.

So many unnecessary fees (over $200 for the blood to be taken?!). So unfair. Ridiculous.

But we have to suck it up and get over it. Ugh. I am grateful we have made it this far. Now he is going to try to schedule his interview soon.

hope everyone else is doing okay.

Oh, and he'll get his x-rays tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

So Janus my fiance got his medical today with the consulate doctor in Copenhagen.

I just thought I"d share the experience:

Our lawyer suggestsed he go and get some vaccinations ahead of time to prepare so he wouldn't have to get a lot of shots all in one day.

So Janus paid a lot of money a few weeks ago to get several (painful) shots.

When he went in today, the doctor told him he didn't need to get those shots even though they were on the form the consulate sent. So that was a big waste of money.

Then he asked him some standard questions, Janus took a blood exam, the doctor checked his throat, ears, eyes, breathing, and that was it.

And then of course he had to get a few shots that he wasn't expecting (shots he had gotten as a child but the doctor said he needed them again that wasn't acceptable). So as a 36 year old man, he had to get the shot for the mumps again!

Anyways, all in all with the unneccesary vaccinations, everything cost @ $1,000.00 which is very, VERY frustrating for our wallets as I'm sure you can imagine.

So many unnecessary fees (over $200 for the blood to be taken?!). So unfair. Ridiculous.

But we have to suck it up and get over it. Ugh. I am grateful we have made it this far. Now he is going to try to schedule his interview soon.

hope everyone else is doing okay.

Timeline

There are a few March vjers waking up soon to get in line for their interviews as well as some more interviewing throughout this week. Let's hope they all meet with success! :thumbs:

Timeline

Has anyone going through, or had gone through NVC seen this list? http://apnvc.info/K1.html I find it disheartening that the vast majority are from VSC. Seems their is more disparity in this process than the obvious first in first out of USCIS Bullplop. Mari Joe

AOS

Timeline

I guess that is good news bad news kind of thing....

Is it the case where they said he didnt need them now, but would need them for AOS? As I understand the medical... for K1s you DONT need the shots... they recommend them but they can not make you get them.... but for AOS you HAVE to have them?

You are getting closer and I am very happy for that!!

Has anyone going through, or had gone through NVC seen this list? http://apnvc.info/K1.html I find it disheartening that the vast majority are from VSC. Seems their is more disparity in this process than the obvious first in first out of USCIS Bullplop. Mari Joe

I have not seen that list in a while.. I remember seeing it a few months ago I think..

BULLPLOP! <-- i think this should be the March MOTTO! :)

There are a few March vjers waking up soon to get in line for their interviews as well as some more interviewing throughout this week. Let's hope they all meet with success! :thumbs:

AMEN!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.