Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I think the question was... was it a 'request for additional information' or 'initial information" kind of thing?

Morning Missy!!! do you have any coffee? I forgot to buy some again :(

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
I think the question was... was it a 'request for additional information' or 'initial information" kind of thing?

Morning Missy!!! do you have any coffee? I forgot to buy some again :(

Good morning!!

The notice said Request for Initial Evidence.....it's in my big #### binder in the car...I guess I could get it and scan if for everyone's edification.

Yeah, I have some from Fresh Market and it's pretty dang delicious, if I do say so myself. I have been up for HOURS now, not sure why I can't sleep. UGH....it makes for a very long day. Going to the gym at 7 though and maybe again tonight to see if that will help.

If none of that helps, maybe a therapeutic ###### slappin will set me straight!

Edited to say that I actually typed out the word that corresponds to my big ol' behind and it was automatically edited. What if I was talking about donkeys or something? What's wrong with the word a s s ???

Edited by missmissy

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

Completely off topic here but I wanted to ask a question. I read in a lot of different forums here on VJ. I read a lot of the different regional threads....I am fascinated by the cultural differences between the different countries and the United States.

My question - do you read any of the other stuff and, if you do, are you ever concerned about what you read? I've been reading about a couple, he's 50ish and she's just 21 and I wonder what will happen to her once she's here. I worry because my children are older than she is and I know my children are NOT ready for marriage or immigration. Just curious if I am the only one that does this. I guess I should quit, right??

Another flippin' April... I have no words.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Completely off topic here but I wanted to ask a question. I read in a lot of different forums here on VJ. I read a lot of the different regional threads....I am fascinated by the cultural differences between the different countries and the United States.

My question - do you read any of the other stuff and, if you do, are you ever concerned about what you read? I've been reading about a couple, he's 50ish and she's just 21 and I wonder what will happen to her once she's here. I worry because my children are older than she is and I know my children are NOT ready for marriage or immigration. Just curious if I am the only one that does this. I guess I should quit, right??

Missy... first, my LOL was about your 'booty' comment and not this...

I will comment... but only as a parent myself... I too have a son of chronological marrying age... He is 27 and from my point of view, as much as I love him... he is 27 going on 12 and is no where ready for marriage...

I think it is really dependent on the individual.

Have you called yet? :)

Morning everyone! Hoping we hear about a bunch of March approvals today :thumbs:

Mornin' Dgard et-al

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Missy... first, my LOL was about your 'booty' comment and not this...

I will comment... but only as a parent myself... I too have a son of chronological marrying age... He is 27 and from my point of view, as much as I love him... he is 27 going on 12 and is no where ready for marriage...

I think it is really dependent on the individual.

Have you called yet? :)

Morning everyone! Hoping we hear about a bunch of March approvals today :thumbs:

Mornin' Dgard et-al

I know and I agree. I guess being up half the night has something to do with my worrying about everything in the world.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Missy! I think part of the answer is in exactly what you mention - the cultural differences between the countries. In the US, adolescence is becoming a longer and longer period in life. Actually, there was no such thing as adolescence before the early 20th century. Not long after reaching puberty, kids were expected to start working on the farm or family business, and that started their adult lives. Then child labor laws came into place and education was mandated for longer periods of time - eventually high school was mandatory, ending at 18 and we came up with 18 as being an adult. Government manufactured adolescence. And today, with more and more kids tied to parents through college (and many living with parents after college), the length is extending.

Depending on the other country, this may or may not be true and it's probably not appropriate to consider a 21-year-old from another country based on the US model. Just my 2 cents.

Amy has to go for a sputum culture - translates into an 8-week wait after it starts (September 4). So earliest interview will be early November. So even those who have yet to get the NOA2 will likely have your SO with you before Amy can get here. At least that's my hope for all of you.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Timeline

Hi Missy! I think part of the answer is in exactly what you mention - the cultural differences between the countries. In the US, adolescence is becoming a longer and longer period in life. Actually, there was no such thing as adolescence before the early 20th century. Not long after reaching puberty, kids were expected to start working on the farm or family business, and that started their adult lives. Then child labor laws came into place and education was mandated for longer periods of time - eventually high school was mandatory, ending at 18 and we came up with 18 as being an adult. Government manufactured adolescence. And today, with more and more kids tied to parents through college (and many living with parents after college), the length is extending.

Depending on the other country, this may or may not be true and it's probably not appropriate to consider a 21-year-old from another country based on the US model. Just my 2 cents.

Amy has to go for a sputum culture - translates into an 8-week wait after it starts (September 4). So earliest interview will be early November. So even those who have yet to get the NOA2 will likely have your SO with you before Amy can get here. At least that's my hope for all of you.

Awww....sorry about that. I had hoped that she wouldn't have to do that.

And, I agree with you on 21 year olds here vs. just about anywhere else. Lars has a son that is the same age as Maggie but Allan is light years ahead of Mag's on the maturity scale. I forgot about that this morning though. I just got caught up in their story and followed a Myspace link and saw their lives outside of this forum and was fascinated and then transferred that right on over to my daughter. I obviously have NO life these days so I'm borrowing everyone elses!!

By the way - Im not looking for Lars to be here before the end of November so......you could actually beat us!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.