July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Oh Sprailenes, that is almost funny.

At least no one got injured.....well physically I mean.

A friend that teaches high school chemistry got hit by a flying shoe when two boys had fistie cuffs going on the other day.

She has been writing, As the Chalkboard Squeaks, and sending it to her friends for therapy I guess.

Fascinating what is going on in class rooms these days.

Makes me feel like I was a saint and went to saint school...we were all so respectful back then.

Ah, the good ol' days...hahaha!

As far as chair throwing goes, I have a personal story:

I almost threw one at a parts manager in an exotic car deleership I worked at when I was in my 20s (I was then a warranty manager; yes, I have done a whack of stuff, hee, hee).

I held back; didn't end up throwing it, just placed it back down, hard.

It's a long story, and needless to say, he had antagonized me for the last time!

Ha!

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I don't think she was trying to hurt anyone she threw it in the opposite direction of where my boss and I were sitting. Sometimes you just gotta let it out I guess.

Everything feels like an extension of highschool.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
JillA,

You know what's weird? My insurance only lets me get one month of medication at a time in person but they'll pay for three months if I get it through the mail.

~ Catherine

Cheaper for the insurance company that way!! If I were to get generics--they would almost give them to me free!~!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Rather than a vent, this is just really a weird story.

So, we go to RBC to get a pre-approval for the mortgage - fine. They do that but the mortgage woman is very vague about things like terms and interest rates. For instance she quoted us 5.75 but as most of you know the interest rates dropped the other day so I asked her if the one she quoted would drop too - guess not - she never really answered me.

Secondly, I found out the other day that they sell your mortgage on. I actually had to come out and ask her - she was not volunteering this information.

Also at one point I mentioned to the realtor that I was going to contact a mortgage broker, after she mentioned she was going to meet one she knew after she showed us some houses. I called said broker - she was going to call me back the same day, she never did - she did however call the realtor back?

Then! When I go to talk to ms mortgage again the other day, she said 'and who will you be getting your mortgage through' - I said, RBC (and i'm thinking - umm i'm talking to you about mortgages) - she replies, something like - you know these people (banks that have forclosed) will not look at a mortgage from a broker (note: I, of course, never mentioned to her that I was talking to anyone else about mortgages).

So I have apparently come upon a little tight knit group of some kind - so I think I will call another broker today :lol:

It is actually a fairly common occurrence that whomever u have ur mortgage with--wil sell your mortgage to another company. Doesnt really effect you, as your still bound by the same contract obligations! Were with SunTrust, and they say they don't "sell" your mortgage, but I belive they actually do, just that you always deal with them??? What I have found weird is, that before when we refinanced, or got the initial mortgage, our rate was locked in then, and as soon as it weas locked, that was the rate you got, even if it went down! (I know in Canada, if it went down before closing, you got the lower rate) BUT, talking to Sun trust now out of curiosity about refinancing, they wont lock in until like very close to the clsong date, which they said couild be from 1.5 to 2 months down the road, weird!! oh well

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
JillA,

You know what's weird? My insurance only lets me get one month of medication at a time in person but they'll pay for three months if I get it through the mail.

~ Catherine

I have a question, how do you send the prescription to the company mailing you the meds? Do you mail it to them? I would like to do 3 months at a time, if it's through mail that's fine.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to take a form to my doctor and she filled it out and then they faxed it over...

I did mine though my health insurance, United Health care's online thing called Medco by Mail.. not sure if it is the same with other insurances though...

I get 3 months of BC for about 20 bucks :thumbs:

if you do it make sure and tell your doctor you want a prescription for 3 months at a time..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

So.......my ex dh (darn husband) is a huge dimwat! The idiot loves to play games with his lawyer, and my lawyer decided to provide proof to his lawyer about him lying and contradicting himself and his lawyer didnt even wanna see it. So... I am sick and tired of trying to negotiate on assets/debts outside of court (because he cant afford for it to go court) but at this time Im done with it. Im SO lookin forward to going to court!

The dimwat doesnt want me to touch any of the pension, doesnt want me to have equity of the house, doesnt want to pay me spousal support (ive been a stay at home mom for 6 years), and on top of it wants me to take on a big amount of the matrimonial debt. Nuh-uh! I told him the best I would do is drop the pension and my half of the equity of the house, and he can have the debt.

This divorce is drivin me batty - my doc gave me a lovely supply of anxiety meds

Thank God our wedding isnt planned until next February - because I dont see this divorce gettin finalized in the next few months. Its been 15 months now of battling it out with negotiations. I just want OUT of this seperation and finally marry my soul-mate.

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Timeline

Good. Effin. Point.

I have felt like this so much lately.

It gets OLD and TIRESOME. Why can't people just grow up and get over stuff? Why must people go out of their way to play mind games with you and put you down? I wonder is this sometimes cultural, societal or maybe just up to the individual? My boss is one of the most rude, inconsiderate people I've ever met in my life. Does it have anything to do with her being Jewish? Now don't take this at all the wrong way because New Jersey has a huge Jewish population and there are a lot of "stereotypes" that most believe to be a reality. Or, is it because she is just unfulfilled and lashing out at the youth in her office?

Any ways, I'm sick of this highschool stuff. Aren't we all tired enough doing our jobs? Why do I want to put up with this mama-drama at my work place.

Stiggy-Sorry to hear about your long divorce. I hope everything goes more smoothly for you soon.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
So.......my ex dh (darn husband) is a huge dimwat! The idiot loves to play games with his lawyer, and my lawyer decided to provide proof to his lawyer about him lying and contradicting himself and his lawyer didnt even wanna see it. So... I am sick and tired of trying to negotiate on assets/debts outside of court (because he cant afford for it to go court) but at this time Im done with it. Im SO lookin forward to going to court!

The dimwat doesnt want me to touch any of the pension, doesnt want me to have equity of the house, doesnt want to pay me spousal support (ive been a stay at home mom for 6 years), and on top of it wants me to take on a big amount of the matrimonial debt. Nuh-uh! I told him the best I would do is drop the pension and my half of the equity of the house, and he can have the debt.

This divorce is drivin me batty - my doc gave me a lovely supply of anxiety meds

Thank God our wedding isnt planned until next February - because I dont see this divorce gettin finalized in the next few months. Its been 15 months now of battling it out with negotiations. I just want OUT of this seperation and finally marry my soul-mate.

When I went through my divorce, i was told by my lawyer, that if my ex had wanted half of my pension, she would have been entitled to it! Plus half of my CPP (while we were together) but luckily we had a very friendly termination of our belongings and she didnt want half of my pension. We had no kids--just animals to split up,lol If he is being a jerk, take him to court. If it were I, i wouldnt even be talking to him, or be negotiating, let ur lawyer do that,lol One can only be nice for so long.

Timeline

Good. Effin. Point.

It gets OLD and TIRESOME. Why can't people just grow up and get over stuff? Why must people go out of their way to play mind games with you and put you down? I wonder is this sometimes cultural, societal or maybe just up to the individual? My boss is one of the most rude, inconsiderate people I've ever met in my life. Does it have anything to do with her being Jewish? Now don't take this at all the wrong way because New Jersey has a huge Jewish population and there are a lot of "stereotypes" that most believe to be a reality. Or, is it because she is just unfulfilled and lashing out at the youth in her office?

Any ways, I'm sick of this highschool stuff. Aren't we all tired enough doing our jobs? Why do I want to put up with this mama-drama at my work place.

Stiggy-Sorry to hear about your long divorce. I hope everything goes more smoothly for you soon.

Aw, sorry to hear you are going through taht ####### at work. Thats the last mood you want to bring home after work.

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Timeline

Good. Effin. Point.

OMG AMANDA!!!!!!

THE OLD MEAN LADY AT MY WORK IS JEWISH!!! :rofl:

And when I told my husband about all the drama he said: "Is she Jewish?"

:lol:

I hear ya sister, we seriously need to do drinks sometime in the spring when the weather is nice. Find a good place with a patio and just let it all out! Lucky for me the old mean lady is gone on vacation for a week so we all have some time to cool down, but yea it just feels like I am in highschool. We'll never escape it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I try not to bring it home. I've tried to be more positive lately and just laugh things off because what can I change? She was supposed to retire this year and now has announced she won't. She's 60 years old and has a number of health problems. She's not doing her job well, I get no direction from her and her technological skills are completely outdated. My field of work currently relies heavily on the latest technologies and she really doesn't know about them. Why would at 60?

I'm looking for a younger boss, even if it's just slightly younger, that's a nice "guy" and can handle his work without picking on me. I can't seem to work with a female boss. All the other directors are male and are great to their staff. She has had five administrators in the last 2 years, not including me. No one can work for her. I find female bosses often are very good at putting their staff down and being catty. I don't like it.

I hear ya sister, we seriously need to do drinks sometime in the spring when the weather is nice. Find a good place with a patio and just let it all out! Lucky for me the old mean lady is gone on vacation for a week so we all have some time to cool down, but yea it just feels like I am in highschool. We'll never escape it.

Drinks = YES PLEASE!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
I try not to bring it home. I've tried to be more positive lately and just laugh things off because what can I change? She was supposed to retire this year and now has announced she won't. She's 60 years old and has a number of health problems. She's not doing her job well, I get no direction from her and her technological skills are completely outdated. My field of work currently relies heavily on the latest technologies and she really doesn't know about them. Why would at 60?

I'm looking for a younger boss, even if it's just slightly younger, that's a nice "guy" and can handle his work without picking on me. I can't seem to work with a female boss. All the other directors are male and are great to their staff. She has had five administrators in the last 2 years, not including me. No one can work for her. I find female bosses often are very good at putting their staff down and being catty. I don't like it.

:thumbs:

I have had trouble with females too. I think its because we react on emotions rather than logic.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I completely agree Amanda about the male vs. female boss. The 2 females bosses I had were such beeotches, rude, awful, strict. The men were awesome, I don't know what it is with women bosses. Perhaps they go on a power trip or something. I always prefer a male boss and co-workers sometimes too, as there is much less drama to deal with.

Hey Nev does Silk City Diner have a patio!? We should all meet there this spring and enjoy some bevvies :D

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I completely agree Amanda about the male vs. female boss. The 2 females bosses I had were such beeotches, rude, awful, strict. The men were awesome, I don't know what it is with women bosses. Perhaps they go on a power trip or something. I always prefer a male boss and co-workers sometimes too, as there is much less drama to deal with.

Hey Nev does Silk City Diner have a patio!? We should all meet there this spring and enjoy some bevvies :D

No but here's a plan... Silk City Diner is connected to a night club, like its a diner/club so we should start somewhere that has a nice patio and move over there and get our dance on! :D

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.