Flofle

I'm a newbie and I had a question...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

hi everyone! first, i just wanted to say that i wish i had known about this website sooner!! its so helpful and informative thanks to all you guys sharing your experiences. ive been reading for the past few days and learned a lot of stuff i had no idea before.

ok, now on to my question. my husband received the NOA2 on Feb 26th. and i was just wondering about the 'NVC journey'. on average, how long does this process last until you get the interview date appointed? ive been trying to figure it out by looking at the timelines but its kinda confusing. in some cases it lasts 3 months, some others 7 months and for others its only a matter of days. maybe it is a dumb question...if it is, im sorry :innocent: thank you.

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

05-13-2009 NVC website sign on failed

05-14-2009 NVC Case Complete

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

06-02-2009 interview date Assigned

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
hi everyone! first, i just wanted to say that i wish i had known about this website sooner!! its so helpful and informative thanks to all you guys sharing your experiences. ive been reading for the past few days and learned a lot of stuff i had no idea before.

ok, now on to my question. my husband received the NOA2 on Feb 26th. and i was just wondering about the 'NVC journey'. on average, how long does this process last until you get the interview date appointed? ive been trying to figure it out by looking at the timelines but its kinda confusing. in some cases it lasts 3 months, some others 7 months and for others its only a matter of days. maybe it is a dumb question...if it is, im sorry :innocent: thank you.

It could take a feww weeks to several months at NVC for Ds,3032, Ds 230 and I-864. All depends whether u will have RFE/AP or not.After the case is completed, it also depends on the capacity of that the embassy could hold interview that months.

some could get right away in sme month, some takes more than 5 months.

just Have patience and gather all documents u'll need for NVC.

Timeline

It could take a feww weeks to several months at NVC for Ds,3032, Ds 230 and I-864. All depends whether u will have RFE/AP or not.After the case is completed, it also depends on the capacity of that the embassy could hold interview that months.

I apologize for the ignorance, but what is RFE/AP? And also, is it better if we call the NVC from time to time to ask if they got our application and stuff like that - as I've read some people do - or should we just let them do their own thing?

And one last question: at this point in our process, according to your experiences is the worst part behind us or the worst is yet to come?

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

the speed at which you can get through the NVC portion depends alot on you and how prepared you are for the steps. on this site at the top you will see the WIKI link. there are shortcuts to making the NVC portion very fast. the key is to be prepared for the next step before it comes. The first thing you need to do is get your NVC case number and then call NVC to see if your DS-3032 has been generated. Once it is don't wait for NVC to send the hard copy to you, send it via E-mail using the temp plate in the shortcuts.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

I apologize for the ignorance, but what is RFE/AP? And also, is it better if we call the NVC from time to time to ask if they got our application and stuff like that - as I've read some people do - or should we just let them do their own thing?

And one last question: at this point in our process, according to your experiences is the worst part behind us or the worst is yet to come?

RFE = Request for evidence (if they need more info) or you made a mistake on a form.

AP = Additional processing - more security checks (FBI/State)

I would not call NVC unless your past the projected time listed on your NOA2. Can you imagine if the thousands of people doing this just "called" time to to time?

They are very skilled in this process and usually handle it in a timely manner. Only worry if your past the average time.

Hmmm - seems most people have issues at the interview/medical. I'm sure if you do a search here, you can see the posts. (also, when you find a post, say about denial for medical, it will list "like" posts below so you can read more).

Good luck!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Oh - AP could also stand for "Advanced Parole" - which you would apply for to leave the US before you get your green card.

Depends on the context of the post - in this case, I'm pretty sure they are talking of Additional Processing.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
the speed at which you can get through the NVC portion depends alot on you and how prepared you are for the steps. on this site at the top you will see the WIKI link. there are shortcuts to making the NVC portion very fast. the key is to be prepared for the next step before it comes. The first thing you need to do is get your NVC case number and then call NVC to see if your DS-3032 has been generated. Once it is don't wait for NVC to send the hard copy to you, send it via E-mail using the temp plate in the shortcuts.

Thank you very much for your advice! Greatly appreciate it!

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

Timeline

RFE = Request for evidence (if they need more info) or you made a mistake on a form.

AP = Additional processing - more security checks (FBI/State)

I would not call NVC unless your past the projected time listed on your NOA2. Can you imagine if the thousands of people doing this just "called" time to to time?

They are very skilled in this process and usually handle it in a timely manner. Only worry if your past the average time.

Hmmm - seems most people have issues at the interview/medical. I'm sure if you do a search here, you can see the posts. (also, when you find a post, say about denial for medical, it will list "like" posts below so you can read more).

Good luck!

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me and for the advice. Good luck to you too!

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

the NVC process for CR-1 visa is much more involved than for a K type visa. So best to review the shortcuts and the CR-1 flow chart on the wiki to get a good picture of what you will be looking at. The CR-1 visa has 2 different flow paths, 1 for the petitioner- affidavit of support ( AOS) Billing (70 USD) and AOS form (I-864). And 1 for the beneficiary- DS-3032 (choice of agent), DS-230 (beneficiary bio data)or also known as package IV and the bill for IV package (400 USD). To have a quick time thru NVC the DS-3032 is the key. It will keep the 2 paths close in timing. As soon as you get your case number and you find the DS-3032 has been generated (by calling NVC) you can email it to them using the link i described above.

personally i felt the USCIS portion was the worst because of the time it took to complete. NVC for us was quick we went from DS-3032 approved to case complete in 15 days by following the shortcuts and being prepared. I would suggest you download the DS-230 and the I-864 now and start collecting the documents needed before they are needed this will save you a great amount of time. My wife had her case complete before she even received her hard copy of the DS-3032. So waiting on NVC is an option but snail mail is slow and thats why you see days vs months on completes.

here are the links i talked about

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut

hope they help.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

the NVC process for CR-1 visa is much more involved than for a K type visa. So best to review the shortcuts and the CR-1 flow chart on the wiki to get a good picture of what you will be looking at. The CR-1 visa has 2 different flow paths, 1 for the petitioner- affidavit of support ( AOS) Billing (70 USD) and AOS form (I-864). And 1 for the beneficiary- DS-3032 (choice of agent), DS-230 (beneficiary bio data)or also known as package IV and the bill for IV package (400 USD). To have a quick time thru NVC the DS-3032 is the key. It will keep the 2 paths close in timing. As soon as you get your case number and you find the DS-3032 has been generated (by calling NVC) you can email it to them using the link i described above.

personally i felt the USCIS portion was the worst because of the time it took to complete. NVC for us was quick we went from DS-3032 approved to case complete in 15 days by following the shortcuts and being prepared. I would suggest you download the DS-230 and the I-864 now and start collecting the documents needed before they are needed this will save you a great amount of time. My wife had her case complete before she even received her hard copy of the DS-3032. So waiting on NVC is an option but snail mail is slow and thats why you see days vs months on completes.

here are the links i talked about

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut

hope they help.

Thanks very much for these links - I'm in a similar position (NOA2 just received) and am a little lost as to what happens next. We're working with a lawyer who is really nice but just tells us what she needs at each point in time and doesn't really talk us through the entire process (probably trying to save us!) but I like to know the nitty gritty too. This is all great and really informative. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.