12 posts in this topic

hi guys,

i am in a great worry. i am the usc, i filed taxes last year as single. that is becuae i heard that if the other spouse doesnt have a social security number that is what i am supposed to do. now i see many are saying about the w7 thingie. but are they going to put us on AP becuae i filed taxes as single even though i was married at that time. please any one out there who has some experience and knowledge plzzzzzzzzz share!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hii...

Well, 1% of the VJ members know about W7 and ITIN for the foreign spouse...and this can't be a issue for u to put on AP for any reason and being in the VJ journey, I read so many posts specially of those who was interviewed in Dhaka and never had a problem with this TAX issue....

Trust me, 99.999999% people get out of this visa issue without facing problem of joint tax return. So, u shouldn't be thinking much about this...Try to concentrate on other issues to proof ur relationship in front of CO...

Good Luck...

Sonia

I did the same as you and did not get put in AP. Our case was completed at the NVC in Jan 2009. Also, I called the IRS and learned that I have up to three yrs to file an amendment (with the W7 & an ITTN for my husband). This summer will be the time to do this for me. No worries---you'll be fine.

hi guys,

i am in a great worry. i am the usc, i filed taxes last year as single. that is becuae i heard that if the other spouse doesnt have a social security number that is what i am supposed to do. now i see many are saying about the w7 thingie. but are they going to put us on AP becuae i filed taxes as single even though i was married at that time. please any one out there who has some experience and knowledge plzzzzzzzzz share!!!

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-11

I-130 Approved : 2008-11-03

NVC Received : 2008-11-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-11-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-11-20

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-11-29

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-12-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-11-14

Receive IV Bill : 2009-01-03

Pay IV Bill : 2009-01-15

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-01-17

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-26

Siempre, miamor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Administrative Process tends to be about name checking, not about IRS returns.

Many in your situation file as single since their spouse is not in the country yet, and file an amended return later.

Lastly your profile, and post says K-3, yet you posted this to the CR-1/IR-1 forum.

Moving this to NVC since your timeline indicates I-130 and I-129F were approved.

One last note, you may want to keep the I-130 moving through NVC, if you handle the NVC process properly, more than likely you can get the superior CR-1 IMMIGRANT visa, and save yourself from having to adjust status with it's added costs.

CR-1 is work authorized, K-3 is NOT.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I did the same as you and did not get put in AP. Our case was completed at the NVC in Jan 2009. Also, I called the IRS and learned that I have up to three yrs to file an amendment (with the W7 & an ITTN for my husband). This summer will be the time to do this for me. No worries---you'll be fine.

hi guys,

OT- you dont even HAVE to file an amended return unless you want to, you can file as single since you are "considered unmarried" if you meet the qualifications, which 99% of us do.

I agree with the others here, it shouldnt pose a problem. You can always advise your spouse, in case they ask, that you filed single because you just didnt know that you could file as MFS.

dont freak :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Administrative Process tends to be about name checking, not about IRS returns.

Many in your situation file as single since their spouse is not in the country yet, and file an amended return later.

Lastly your profile, and post says K-3, yet you posted this to the CR-1/IR-1 forum.

Moving this to NVC since your timeline indicates I-130 and I-129F were approved.

One last note, you may want to keep the I-130 moving through NVC, if you handle the NVC process properly, more than likely you can get the superior CR-1 IMMIGRANT visa, and save yourself from having to adjust status with it's added costs.

CR-1 is work authorized, K-3 is NOT.

ya we hav dercided to move on with the cr-1...

Hii...

Well, 1% of the VJ members know about W7 and ITIN for the foreign spouse...and this can't be a issue for u to put on AP for any reason and being in the VJ journey, I read so many posts specially of those who was interviewed in Dhaka and never had a problem with this TAX issue....

Trust me, 99.999999% people get out of this visa issue without facing problem of joint tax return. So, u shouldn't be thinking much about this...Try to concentrate on other issues to proof ur relationship in front of CO...

Good Luck...

Sonia

thanks sonia...

i havent actually earned much some one will co sponsor with me, what are tax transcripts, i know the 1040 and w2. is anything more than those needed other than those two an employers letter of employment?

Timeline
Hii...

Good Luck...

Sonia

thanks sonia...

i havent actually earned much some one will co sponsor with me, what are tax transcripts, i know the 1040 and w2. is anything more than those needed other than those two an employers letter of employment?

Tax transcripts are obtained from the IRS... Tax transcripts are good for showing ur past tax schedules...If u gonna have Co Sponsor, u must need to submit all the papers needed for the regular single sponsorer...Like the recent year's(2008) Federal Tax Return along with W2 and Employment Certificate. It is the best practise to submit the IRS transcript for the previous year's Tax records...

Please for the Linche shortcut for the IRS transcripts.

Good Luck

Sonia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Agreed, the tax transcripts with copies of the W-2 make the filing of the AOS package very easy.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Hii...

Good Luck...

Sonia

thanks sonia...

Tax transcripts are obtained from the IRS... Tax transcripts are good for showing ur past tax schedules...If u gonna have Co Sponsor, u must need to submit all the papers needed for the regular single sponsorer...Like the recent year's(2008) Federal Tax Return along with W2 and Employment Certificate. It is the best practise to submit the IRS transcript for the previous year's Tax records...

Good Luck

Sonia

thanks sonia, so now ill have to run and get those donee...runn runn runn...wish me luck on this guys...here i goooo whoooooooooooo

Timeline
Hii...

Good Luck...

Sonia

thanks sonia...

Good Luck

Sonia

thanks sonia, so now ill have to run and get those donee...runn runn runn...wish me luck on this guys...here i goooo whoooooooooooo

U r always welcome...Thanks to Q....

Sonia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.