7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ People,

My new bride had to undergo testing for Tuberculosis back in Manila, at the time they refused to reveal the results to her at both the medical and the interview. Much later after her arrival in the states and after we had married we received a letter from our local health department revealing those results to us, it said she had been diagnosed with Class B Tuberculosis and that we needed to contact them for further testing. Can anyone tell us how this will affect the AOS/EAD stage of this process? and what we can expect from this?

Thanks,

Ben and Hazel

TIMELINE

Jan/10/08 - I-129f submitted

Jan/24/08 - RFE (incorrect amount sent)

Feb/01/08 - correct amount sent

Feb/06/08 - NOA1 received

Jul /03/08 - RFE (Evidence of meeting)

Jul /17/08 - visa stamped page sent

Aug/14/08 - NOA2 Approved!!!

Sep/22/08 - Medical (pending sputum)

Sep/29/08 - 3 days sputum collection

Oct/02/08 - interview (to be re-sched. by saint luke)

Dec/08/08- medical Approved!!!

Dec/22/08- interview APPROVED!!! YAHOOOO!!!

Jan/01/09 - visa in hand!!!

Jan/14/09 - Arrived on U.S.A ( Idaho)

Jan/21/09 - married!!!

------------------------------------

AOS

Feb/02/09 - filed

Feb/17/09 - NOA received

Mar/06/09 - Bio. appt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi VJ People,

My new bride had to undergo testing for Tuberculosis back in Manila, at the time they refused to reveal the results to her at both the medical and the interview. Much later after her arrival in the states and after we had married we received a letter from our local health department revealing those results to us, it said she had been diagnosed with Class B Tuberculosis and that we needed to contact them for further testing. Can anyone tell us how this will affect the AOS/EAD stage of this process? and what we can expect from this?

Thanks,

Ben and Hazel

Sharing my opinion...

I know that it sounds scarry to both of you especially to your wife. I wonder why she was not given the advice to undergo medication first before she was approved to come here in America. But here she is in the U.S.. The U.S. Department of Health is given the task to make a follow up examination for immigrant who have been diagnosed of such health problem. You have to find a public health clinic (there should be a telephone number that is included in the letter that was sent to you). She will have to be checked and will undergo a series of sputum test and then an X-ray if possible and then if I am right, because she had not undergone medication in the Philippines, she will be put under medication for at least 3 months.

I am not sure how will this affect your filing of the AOS. I hope somebody can share with you regarding this concern.

I believe the results of the follow up examination and the clearance from the public health clinic should be submitted together with your AOS documents application, aside from the fact that the DS-3025 from St. Lukes with regards to her medical should be transcribe by a civil surgeon.

Rest assured everything will be fine, just do what has to be done.

GOD bless you.

Hi VJ People,

Thanks,

Ben and Hazel

HELLO THERE. FIRST THING AND FOREMOST I WILL ANSWER FIRST YOUR WORRIES..... HAVING A CLASS B TUBERCULOSIS WON'T AFFECT AOS. I ASSUMED YOUR WIFE IS UNDER "CLASS B INACTIVE TB" WHICH MEANS HAVE A SCAR FROM PAST TB, AND IT CANNOT HARM TO ANYONE, BUT OF COURSE SHE STILL NEEDS TO COMPLETE THE TREATMENT AS ADVISE BY YOUR LOCAL HEALTH CLINIC.

I AM A CLASS B2 TB (INACTIVE), AND I AM ADMISSIBLE TO TRAVEL TO U.S.....UPON ARRIVAL IN U.S , I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM MY LOCAL HEALTH CLINIC TO REPORT TO THEM OR ELSE THEY WILL REPORT YOU TO AUTHORITY IF YOU WON'T COOPERATE. I'VE DONE SEVERAL TEST WHICH CAME OUT NEGATIVE EXCEPT MY SKIN TEST TURNS OUT POSITIVE. SO I TOOK MEDS REGULARLY FOR 6MOS. ONLY (DEPENDS TO DOC' INSTRUCTION BASED ON RESULT)....AND I ALREADY FINISHED MY TREATMENT...AND HANDED ME A LAMINATED CARD THAT I FINISHED ALL THE TREATMENT. THE CARD IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR FUTURE REFERENCES LIKE APPLYING FOR JOB IN-CASE YOUR RESULT STILL POSITIVE IN SKIN TEST (W/C WILL CAME OUT + ALL THE TIME ACCDG. TO THE DOC')...JUST KEPT THE CARD INCASE FOR QUESTIONS IN NEAR FUTURE...

JUST REPLY TO THE LETTER FROM YOUR LOCAL HEALTH CLINIC, DO THE TEST LIKE SKIN TEST, X-RAY..IF POSITIVE THEN PROCEED TO SPUTUM..THEY WILL ADVISE YOU ANYWAY....YOU CAN GO ON THE TEST/TREATMENT EVEN WHILE PROCESSING YOUR AOS....

TRUST ME IT WON'T AFFECT THE AOS AT ALL...GOODLUCK TO YOU!

Timeline
Hi VJ People,

Thanks,

Ben and Hazel

HELLO THERE. FIRST THING AND FOREMOST I WILL ANSWER FIRST YOUR WORRIES..... HAVING A CLASS B TUBERCULOSIS WON'T AFFECT AOS. I ASSUMED YOUR WIFE IS UNDER "CLASS B INACTIVE TB" WHICH MEANS HAVE A SCAR FROM PAST TB, AND IT CANNOT HARM TO ANYONE, BUT OF COURSE SHE STILL NEEDS TO COMPLETE THE TREATMENT AS ADVISE BY YOUR LOCAL HEALTH CLINIC.

I AM A CLASS B2 TB (INACTIVE), AND I AM ADMISSIBLE TO TRAVEL TO U.S.....UPON ARRIVAL IN U.S , I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM MY LOCAL HEALTH CLINIC TO REPORT TO THEM OR ELSE THEY WILL REPORT YOU TO AUTHORITY IF YOU WON'T COOPERATE. I'VE DONE SEVERAL TEST WHICH CAME OUT NEGATIVE EXCEPT MY SKIN TEST TURNS OUT POSITIVE. SO I TOOK MEDS REGULARLY FOR 6MOS. ONLY (DEPENDS TO DOC' INSTRUCTION BASED ON RESULT)....AND I ALREADY FINISHED MY TREATMENT...AND HANDED ME A LAMINATED CARD THAT I FINISHED ALL THE TREATMENT. THE CARD IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR FUTURE REFERENCES LIKE APPLYING FOR JOB IN-CASE YOUR RESULT STILL POSITIVE IN SKIN TEST (W/C WILL CAME OUT + ALL THE TIME ACCDG. TO THE DOC')...JUST KEPT THE CARD INCASE FOR QUESTIONS IN NEAR FUTURE...

JUST REPLY TO THE LETTER FROM YOUR LOCAL HEALTH CLINIC, DO THE TEST LIKE SKIN TEST, X-RAY..IF POSITIVE THEN PROCEED TO SPUTUM..THEY WILL ADVISE YOU ANYWAY....YOU CAN GO ON THE TEST/TREATMENT EVEN WHILE PROCESSING YOUR AOS....

TRUST ME IT WON'T AFFECT THE AOS AT ALL...GOODLUCK TO YOU!

Hi Shakira08,

Wow, your Email was very comforting to both my wife and me. She's already taken a TB skin test for another condition she has and the results were negative.

My wife called and scheduled an appointment for next week and they've asked her to bring the lab results with her when she comes in, they said it's possible that she won't even need to retake the skin test.

My wife wanted me to ask you a question, in case she does have to undergo treatment, what is the routine? will she have to report to the clinic everyday or can she take take the medicine at home? this is an issue with us because the clinic is in another city and she is not able to drive yet, plus I have to work during the day and it would be difficult for us to to get her there on a daily basis.

Thanks again for your reply, it means a lot coming from someone who's been there before.

Thanks,

Ben and Hazel

TIMELINE

Jan/21/09 - married!!!

AOS

Feb/02/09 - filed

Feb/17/09 - NOA received

Mar/06/09 - Bio. appt.

Timeline
Hi VJ People,

Thanks,

Ben and Hazel

Sharing my opinion...

I know that it sounds scarry to both of you especially to your wife. I wonder why she was not given the advice to undergo medication first before she was approved to come here in America. But here she is in the U.S.. The U.S. Department of Health is given the task to make a follow up examination for immigrant who have been diagnosed of such health problem. You have to find a public health clinic (there should be a telephone number that is included in the letter that was sent to you). She will have to be checked and will undergo a series of sputum test and then an X-ray if possible and then if I am right, because she had not undergone medication in the Philippines, she will be put under medication for at least 3 months.

I am not sure how will this affect your filing of the AOS. I hope somebody can share with you regarding this concern.

I believe the results of the follow up examination and the clearance from the public health clinic should be submitted together with your AOS documents application, aside from the fact that the DS-3025 from St. Lukes with regards to her medical should be transcribe by a civil surgeon.

Rest assured everything will be fine, just do what has to be done.

GOD bless you.

Hi BobGie,

Thanks for the reply, I guess the reason she was not held up in the Philippines for treatment was because Class B TB is not active and can't really harm anyone, however, we were told it has to be treated or it could eventually become a problem so we've scheduled an appointment for next week and we plan on following all their instructions the best we can. Thanks again for all the good info we can really use it.

Thanks,

Ben and hazel

TIMELINE

Jan/21/09 - married!!!

AOS

Feb/02/09 - filed

Feb/17/09 - NOA received

Mar/06/09 - Bio. appt.

• 2 years later...

This topic is 2.5 years old. I don't think you'll get a response here.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.