momov31

support proof

11 posts in this topic

ok hi all sorry if not posted in the right spot, still learning as i go. my question is if my tax papers for the last three years dont include my kids, do they still consider me as supporting them and consider them as part of my financial responsibilty. i dont know if i worded it right. anyway my ex husband has been claiming my kids on his taxes all their lives so i guess im wondering how this will effect my income reporting. he hasnt paid any child support in over 6 months but he still claimed them again.

https://youtu.be/rHQuMoJ3Xrk

Lifting Conditions

Date Filed : 2018-09-12
NOA Date : 2018-09-18

ok hi all sorry if not posted in the right spot, still learning as i go. my question is if my tax papers for the last three years dont include my kids, do they still consider me as supporting them and consider them as part of my financial responsibilty. i dont know if i worded it right. anyway my ex husband has been claiming my kids on his taxes all their lives so i guess im wondering how this will effect my income reporting. he hasnt paid any child support in over 6 months but he still claimed them again.

who supports your children now?

if it's you, then you need to include them in your support question, regardless if they are not on your returns.

they will ask that question.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Fight that nobody that isn't giving child support should be claiming your kids yes yours,earned income credit is quite a bit of money for what nothing??I put in my divorce decree he wouldn't be able to claim them being I'm the primary care giver,time money ,love etc.. etc ...etc in all aspects makes sense to me.And being he isn't paying there are ways you can get this money back or at least let government know the situation.Take action and take care ;D

This love an unlocked door across any

time zone or any waves of blue.

10?? More days and the ocean that has separated us for 3 years Is dried up!!!My Habibi is coming Home!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If the children live with you, they are your dependents. That you allow someone else not supporting them to claim the tax advantage is none of the USCIS business. That you do not collect child support which could be counted as income for your I-134 and benefit your children is no fault of the USCIS.

Are you asking "could I get away with it?" Yeah, maybe. The penalty for visa fraud is your fiance gets deported and barred for life and you could go to prison.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not being judgemental. If you include you children as dependants you will not qualify under the poverty guidelines, but if you conceal that you have other dependents. maybe you make enough. Right? My advice is don't so this. You would be taking in another person who cannot work, at least not for a few months, plus the obligation of AOS costs and all the other costs of a person moving to another country. My advice is get the child support you deserve first. Now I will butt out as it really is not my concern.

If your fiance is suggesting such a thing he is certainly interested only in a green card. Be careful.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

who supports your children now?

if it's you, then you need to include them in your support question, regardless if they are not on your returns.

they will ask that question.

i support them and they live with me. ok thats what i was wondering would i include them. thank you.

Lifting Conditions

Fight that nobody that isn't giving child support should be claiming your kids yes yours,earned income credit is quite a bit of money for what nothing??I put in my divorce decree he wouldn't be able to claim them being I'm the primary care giver,time money ,love etc.. etc ...etc in all aspects makes sense to me.And being he isn't paying there are ways you can get this money back or at least let government know the situation.Take action and take care ;D

thank you, yes i will see about getting something back for them. he has had his dl suspended so ill find out how to stop him from claiming them. again thank you.

Lifting Conditions

If the children live with you, they are your dependents. That you allow someone else not supporting them to claim the tax advantage is none of the USCIS business. That you do not collect child support which could be counted as income for your I-134 and benefit your children is no fault of the USCIS.

Are you asking "could I get away with it?" Yeah, maybe. The penalty for visa fraud is your fiance gets deported and barred for life and you could go to prison.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not being judgemental. If you include you children as dependants you will not qualify under the poverty guidelines, but if you conceal that you have other dependents. maybe you make enough. Right? My advice is don't so this. You would be taking in another person who cannot work, at least not for a few months, plus the obligation of AOS costs and all the other costs of a person moving to another country. My advice is get the child support you deserve first. Now I will butt out as it really is not my concern.

If your fiance is suggesting such a thing he is certainly interested only in a green card. Be careful.

ok thank you for your answer but im not sure where you see me or him trying anything untrue here. i was asking about what or how to do for the support and the tax report. since i havent claimed my kids and i am putting them in the papers they are my babies, im trying to find out if its a problem if i have never claimed them on my taxes. will that be a problem when the time comes for the support part of this.

Edited by momov31

Lifting Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Pardon me, but your post seems pretty judgemental to me. Nowhere in the OP's post did she claim she was intending to commit fraud or that she was trying to find a way to circumvent the law. Nor did she suggest that her fiance suggested anything so where that comes from is beyond me. She is simply asking if she is to list them as dependants and count them in her household total. I'm pretty sure she can do without the presumptions.

OP, I do not claim my children on my taxes but I did list them as dependants and as a part of the household size. Hope that helps.

timeline.jpg

Pardon me, but your post seems pretty judgemental to me. Nowhere in the OP's post did she claim she was intending to commit fraud or that she was trying to find a way to circumvent the law. Nor did she suggest that her fiance suggested anything so where that comes from is beyond me. She is simply asking if she is to list them as dependants and count them in her household total. I'm pretty sure she can do without the presumptions.

OP, I do not claim my children on my taxes but I did list them as dependants and as a part of the household size. Hope that helps.

thank you so much thats really what i wanted to know. i didnt want them not being on my taxes to slow things down.

Lifting Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ok thank you for your answer but im not sure where you see me or him trying anything untrue here. i was asking about what or how to do for the support and the tax report. since i havent claimed my kids and i am putting them in the papers they are my babies, im trying to find out if its a problem if i have never claimed them on my taxes. will that be a problem when the time comes for the support part of this.

It will not be a problem to claim them on your I-134, it is the truth. If you haven't claimed them on your tax return it is not their concern. Taxes and USCIS documents are not one and the same. For example, child support (which you should be getting) is not claimed as income on the 1040 because it is non-taxable. But if it is court ordered the USCIS will consider it on your I-134 and you must support it with the court order and check stubs that it has been paid. You don't get credit for deadbeat dads.

As I recall you had asked if "poor people" could apply for a K-1 visa. You are taking a lot of points off the board, or letting your ex-husband do so) by not claiming these children and getting the EITC plus the deductions. Child support aside, you are losing a couple thousand a year in tax benefits, maybe more. PLUS, for 2008 each child was worth an additional child care credit of $1000 each. Yikes. All you need to do is tell your ex "I am claiming the children on my taxes, if you do also YOU will be committing fraud" Unless there is a court order allowing him the tax benefit it is given to the custodial parent, period.

In your situation, your ex is harming you in two ways. He has denied you income you could claim on your I-134 to support sponsoring your fiance, and he has denied you tax benefits that should be putting food on YOUR table, not his.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

It will not be a problem to claim them on your I-134, it is the truth. If you haven't claimed them on your tax return it is not their concern. Taxes and USCIS documents are not one and the same. For example, child support (which you should be getting) is not claimed as income on the 1040 because it is non-taxable. But if it is court ordered the USCIS will consider it on your I-134 and you must support it with the court order and check stubs that it has been paid. You don't get credit for deadbeat dads.

As I recall you had asked if "poor people" could apply for a K-1 visa. You are taking a lot of points off the board, or letting your ex-husband do so) by not claiming these children and getting the EITC plus the deductions. Child support aside, you are losing a couple thousand a year in tax benefits, maybe more. PLUS, for 2008 each child was worth an additional child care credit of $1000 each. Yikes. All you need to do is tell your ex "I am claiming the children on my taxes, if you do also YOU will be committing fraud" Unless there is a court order allowing him the tax benefit it is given to the custodial parent, period.

In your situation, your ex is harming you in two ways. He has denied you income you could claim on your I-134 to support sponsoring your fiance, and he has denied you tax benefits that should be putting food on YOUR table, not his.

thank you. i know i have lost out a lot by allowing him to claim them but to fight with him and go through all the h--- he would put me thrugh i just gave him what he wanted. not to put my business out there he is a very crazy guy and im just glad he leaves me and the girls alone. but again thank you so much.

Lifting Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.