Joan >3 Bob

CFO

25 posts in this topic

The CFO experience was far from what I expected and very long and painful. I accompanied my fiancee to the Taft Ave. PRISM office for the seminar. I was not allowed inside the door. There is NO Place in the immediate vicinity to go to spend time. The guard at the door said to return at 12:30 to 1pm. It was 9:40am when we arrived. There is so much traffic in front of this place and polution from trucks, busses, and jeepneys, and taxis. Plus noise polution from all the horn beeping and an overhead express train. It will drive U crazy if you go and stand outside waiting for your fiancee. There is a internet cafe around the corner but connection speed was as slow as an old 14.4 dial up modem. At approx. 12:15 my fiancee sent me a text asking me if the copy of my divorce decree was an original or not. I wondered why she would ask that because I thought she was attending a seminar and not another embassy interview. She then after about 10 minutes came outside and told me she was required to get a zerox copy of the divorce decree (at her own exoense and give it to the CFO interviewer) yes there is a one on one interview! They can ask you for anything that is in your petition package or any documents you took to your embassy interview. Also at the beginning of the so called seminar all were told just because you attend the seminar does not agree you will receive a stamp in your passport!

I told my fiancee to just give them the copy we had with us because I had more certified copies at home. They also took a copy of a joint affivadit from her parents (this was submitted in my petition package) stating they have met me and approve of our marriage. My fiancee came back out of the Taft Office at approx 1pm. Now I assumed we were all done...but NO!! the Taft office does not issue the stamp! They send you to another office located at Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave. So we get a taxi and show him the address and he acts stupid. The guard at PRISM came and explained to the taxi driver but in the mean time I told the driver if he did not know where the address was or was going to play dumb and try and drive us the long way around I was getting out of the taxi.

Arriving at the second place there was a line inside and you have to show the guard the papers you get from PRISM and pay a 400 peso fee (plus you pay a 250 peso fee at PRISM already). Again I was not allowed inside the room my fiancee had to go into. U can see the room it is just left of the guard station. A room with chairs arranged in rows and columns. Now prior to me traveling to be with my fiancee I went to the CFO web site. There it suggested U print out the CFO form fill it out to save time when U get to CFO. I did this but CFO would not accept it from my fiancee. She had to fill out a new one! Now I was pacing outside and occasionally would enter the building and look into the room and every time I saw my fiancee sitting in a chair. There are 4 windows in this room. Window 3 and 4 most of the time had NO One there! Well my fiancee finally came out the door at 4:35pm. It took about 4 hoiurs for her to just give them the papers from PRISM and get the stamp! So to all you VJ friends out there that have not had the experience of CFO please bring everything you took to the embassy interview and a copy of your I-129F petition package and if your BJ was ever divorced bring a copy of ther decree. Otherwise you may get denied the CFO stamp. Plus eat a hugh breakfast because you will be in this CFO process all day long! Oh at the CFO one on one interview my fiancee was repeadedly asked why her BF got divorced. My fiancee would answer "because they no longer loved each other" but the interviewer keep digging and I guess finally quit. Now it was required for the I-129F petition to submit a certified copy of my divorce decree and I am sure the embassy most likely reviewed everything and the NVC also after the USCIS accepted my petition. Who does the CFO people think they are to question anything already reviewed and approved by three other government agencies! It is pure harassment and I think they want to make things as painful as they can to people. They have the last say so for the Philippine person to be able to board the plane to leave the country. Also they told my fiancee after we get married to send them a copy I assume of the marriage certificate but guess what they can kiss my ####! If they want it they can come and pay to get a zerox copy of it!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL ON YOUR CFO EXPERIENCE AND I HOPE IT GOES BETTER FOR ALL OF YOU.

you should have read here in the forum about cfo experience from other people so you didnt experience such hasle....hhehehhehe...in my case it was so easy...

its really not that bad....its just have you just dont have so much patience about how cfo works.

God bless you.

There are many, many aspects of this process that require patience and waiting. Just remember why you are doing it and perhaps that might help you stay calm.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats what happened to me also. I was surprised that the CFO officers had to ask for the divorce decree and ask some questions about the relationship when I thought it was only a SEMINAR! They even ask for a picture of me and my then-fiance (now husband). my flight was the next day after my seminar but they said I can't fly not until I will produce a copy of the divorce decree. I was really upset at that time I thought I will cancel my flight again just because of the messed-up.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

There are many, many aspects of this process that require patience and waiting. Just remember why you are doing it and perhaps that might help you stay calm.

I made it very patiently while waiting 5 months and 2 days for the NOA2. You missed my main point...CFO is explained on their web site as a "Seminar" not another approval step. Once the USCIS have approved the petition, which required a copy of my divorce decree, no other agency shouold be able to question it or ask for a copy. It is duplicating efforts and wasting everyone that is involved time. It also is the most unefficient run place I have ever seen with the 4 windows and such a long wait just for turning in papers from PRISM and getting the passport stamp. I guess you have never seen an efficient operation in your life. :bonk:

Thats what happened to me also. I was surprised that the CFO officers had to ask for the divorce decree and ask some questions about the relationship when I thought it was only a SEMINAR! They even ask for a picture of me and my then-fiance (now husband). my flight was the next day after my seminar but they said I can't fly not until I will produce a copy of the divorce decree. I was really upset at that time I thought I will cancel my flight again just because of the messed-up.

I am very sorry to hear you had a similiar experience. I hope you have overcame it ok and CFO should pay any fees associated with you changing your plane ticket. I am happy there is someone out there that can see how screwed up CFO is. My original post had nothing to do with being patient as someone replied here. It was the length of time due to reduncy of requirements that have already been met by other government agencies, and the very inefficient system at CFO. They want everyone to bend over one more time to stick it to you prior to departing the country.

you should have read here in the forum about cfo experience from other people so you didnt experience such hasle....hhehehhehe...in my case it was so easy...

its really not that bad....its just have you just dont have so much patience about how cfo works.

God bless you.

hehehe to you too. I see you are another one that has no clue about anything in running a process and people being treated as they should be treated. I tried to find CFO topics in this vj forums but there is no heading or forum titled CFO and I do not have months to open every forum and search each one for any posts about CFO. CFO should be a separate forum subject especially since CFO is being very poorly administered and can effect and has effected peoples departure dates! I did read all on the CFO web site. (another poorly written web site) I am glad you have so much patience that being treated poorly and an entire day of your time being wasted for a lousy stamp has no effect on your brain.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The CFO experience was far from what I expected and very long and painful. I accompanied my fiancee to the Taft Ave. PRISM office for the seminar. I was not allowed inside the door. There is NO Place in the immediate vicinity to go to spend time. The guard at the door said to return at 12:30 to 1pm. It was 9:40am when we arrived. There is so much traffic in front of this place and polution from trucks, busses, and jeepneys, and taxis. Plus noise polution from all the horn beeping and an overhead express train. It will drive U crazy if you go and stand outside waiting for your fiancee. There is a internet cafe around the corner but connection speed was as slow as an old 14.4 dial up modem. At approx. 12:15 my fiancee sent me a text asking me if the copy of my divorce decree was an original or not. I wondered why she would ask that because I thought she was attending a seminar and not another embassy interview. She then after about 10 minutes came outside and told me she was required to get a zerox copy of the divorce decree (at her own exoense and give it to the CFO interviewer) yes there is a one on one interview! They can ask you for anything that is in your petition package or any documents you took to your embassy interview. Also at the beginning of the so called seminar all were told just because you attend the seminar does not agree you will receive a stamp in your passport!

I told my fiancee to just give them the copy we had with us because I had more certified copies at home. They also took a copy of a joint affivadit from her parents (this was submitted in my petition package) stating they have met me and approve of our marriage. My fiancee came back out of the Taft Office at approx 1pm. Now I assumed we were all done...but NO!! the Taft office does not issue the stamp! They send you to another office located at Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave. So we get a taxi and show him the address and he acts stupid. The guard at PRISM came and explained to the taxi driver but in the mean time I told the driver if he did not know where the address was or was going to play dumb and try and drive us the long way around I was getting out of the taxi.

Arriving at the second place there was a line inside and you have to show the guard the papers you get from PRISM and pay a 400 peso fee (plus you pay a 250 peso fee at PRISM already). Again I was not allowed inside the room my fiancee had to go into. U can see the room it is just left of the guard station. A room with chairs arranged in rows and columns. Now prior to me traveling to be with my fiancee I went to the CFO web site. There it suggested U print out the CFO form fill it out to save time when U get to CFO. I did this but CFO would not accept it from my fiancee. She had to fill out a new one! Now I was pacing outside and occasionally would enter the building and look into the room and every time I saw my fiancee sitting in a chair. There are 4 windows in this room. Window 3 and 4 most of the time had NO One there! Well my fiancee finally came out the door at 4:35pm. It took about 4 hoiurs for her to just give them the papers from PRISM and get the stamp! So to all you VJ friends out there that have not had the experience of CFO please bring everything you took to the embassy interview and a copy of your I-129F petition package and if your BJ was ever divorced bring a copy of ther decree. Otherwise you may get denied the CFO stamp. Plus eat a hugh breakfast because you will be in this CFO process all day long! Oh at the CFO one on one interview my fiancee was repeadedly asked why her BF got divorced. My fiancee would answer "because they no longer loved each other" but the interviewer keep digging and I guess finally quit. Now it was required for the I-129F petition to submit a certified copy of my divorce decree and I am sure the embassy most likely reviewed everything and the NVC also after the USCIS accepted my petition. Who does the CFO people think they are to question anything already reviewed and approved by three other government agencies! It is pure harassment and I think they want to make things as painful as they can to people. They have the last say so for the Philippine person to be able to board the plane to leave the country. Also they told my fiancee after we get married to send them a copy I assume of the marriage certificate but guess what they can kiss my ####! If they want it they can come and pay to get a zerox copy of it!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL ON YOUR CFO EXPERIENCE AND I HOPE IT GOES BETTER FOR ALL OF YOU.

Tomorrow is my seminar at PRISM. CFO and PRISM are really unpredictable. Few days ago I have phoned them and asked the requirements I should be bringing. The telephone operators from the two offices state that I should bring the IDs, visa, passport. They did not ask to bring the divorce paper, pictures of me and my fiancee and evidence of our relationship.

On the following day, I phoned them again to confirm the requirements. PRISM and CFO have told me the same requirements but this time they have instructed me to bring the divorce paper and proof of relationship which are similar to the documents I brought in my USEM interview.

On the third day, I have then again called them. To my surprise, the lady on the other line instructed me not to bring the divorce paper and the proof of relationship. I asked them why their statements are not consistent. Every time I talk to different people from their office they have different statements. I'am not sure if these people are acting stupid or they are simply stupid. They make us confuse. The sad part is that they act as if they are the USEM. To think all of our documents were already reviewed by the USCIS, NVC and USEM. I hope they stop acting stupid, instead, they should start doing their job.

God bless to all!

God bless to everybody :)

Wow, what an ordeal :unsure: Claudeth had a long day going to the class in Cebu.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I understand your problem with CFO... I remember when my wife (then fiancee) went to CFO in Cebu. I was more upset then she was. They questioned why the dates on the Death Certificates of my 2 wives that I had lost to Cancer where signed by the Doctor a week later. I felt like they didn't believe the validality of the Certificates. It wasn't none of their business. The Death Certificates was enough. She ended up having to travel back there a week later so she could bring letters from the Hospices that helped me take care of my dying wives. I know CFO is a good thing, but they really overstepped their boundaries on this one........... :angry:

I understand your problem with CFO... I remember when my wife (then fiancee) went to CFO in Cebu. I was more upset then she was. They questioned why the dates on the Death Certificates of my 2 wives that I had lost to Cancer where signed by the Doctor a week later. I felt like they didn't believe the validality of the Certificates. It wasn't none of their business. The Death Certificates was enough. She ended up having to travel back there a week later so she could bring letters from the Hospices that helped me take care of my dying wives. I know CFO is a good thing, but they really overstepped their boundaries on this one........... :angry:

Pretty ticky tacky considering the US government has already accepted them. Sometimes people get a little crazy with even a little power :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Wow, what an ordeal!

I have seen some posts that suggest its an easier time if you go to St. Mary's Convent in Quezon City for the CFO. Anybody think that's true?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Wow, what an ordeal!

I have seen some posts that suggest its an easier time if you go to St. Mary's Convent in Quezon City for the CFO. Anybody think that's true?

that's definitely true. people are much kinder and more polite there. plus, all the stamps you'll ever need will be in one place. i finished my seminar in half a day. the seminar should simply be a reminder to potential immigrants of the risks of migrating and making sure that very young females know what they're getting into, but definitely not another approval stage.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

St. Marys is the place to go.

There has been many horror stories on Visa Journey regarding CFO and PRISM location.

We did CFO in August 2008, and went to St. Marys after reading all the hassle from PRISM location.

My fiance took my divorce decree and Parental Consent for her marriage (Since she was under 21).

We went to St. Marys after our interview at USEM.

We arrived around 11 am and she CFO only took a couple of hours.

I walked around the corner and went to a Shakeys' Pizza, she texted me when she was done, over all a easy and pleasant experience.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

God bless you.

hehehe to you too. I see you are another one that has no clue about anything in running a process and people being treated as they should be treated. I tried to find CFO topics in this vj forums but there is no heading or forum titled CFO and I do not have months to open every forum and search each one for any posts about CFO. CFO should be a separate forum subject especially since CFO is being very poorly administered and can effect and has effected peoples departure dates! I did read all on the CFO web site. (another poorly written web site) I am glad you have so much patience that being treated poorly and an entire day of your time being wasted for a lousy stamp has no effect on your brain.

hehehehhe....oh theres a lot of cfo topics here..it wont even take months to look for it...even days...hehehhehe. i wasnt even treated poorly...yes you may find it a lousy stamp but we never know your fiancee might need help from cfo in the future..hehhehehhe.

i was ready with all my documents when i went to cfo thats why i never had any problems..so it depends on the person really.

they asked any papers from the petitioner whether income tax return...divorce decree or whatsoever so they can have an information of that person..

not all people going to usa or whatever countries know about what to do when they get there..cfo gives information about it..not all information but still it can help us as new immigrants or non-immigrants.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.