5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
how much is it to renew for the 10 years?

and its form I-90?

ta

sharyn

If you have a Greencard that is valid for only 2 years then you have Conditional Residency and you have to file to remove the conditions.

You need to read the guide as to what you need to do: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

It is not just a case of filing a I-90. The cost of filing form I-751 is $545.00 and you can file the packet 90 days before the expiry date on the Greencard. You must file before the Greencard expires.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can you file the form before 90 days? Just in case, anything might happen between 90 days and there is a chance one can't fix the problem before 90 days.

K1-Visa in Montreal, Canada.

4/07 - Filed the I-129 F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)] Along with Bio forms [G-325a for both of us]

6/07 - Forms got resent back to my Fiance because I forgot to sign some papers. [silly me]

11/28/07 - Got my K1-Packet 3!!! It was a headache to fill in the papers.

2/15/08 - Sent all documents and forms through express! I was close to the expiration date

3/27/08 - Interview letter!!! I was in the US with my Fiance so I couldn't come back in time, rescheduled appointment.

4/24/08 - Got my interview done :) Approved! Passport+visa+brown envelope will be sent within a week.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

~ Flying to US on 6/11/08.

~June 19 2008- Married!!!

7/25/08 - Sent in AOS: I-485 along with EAD, AP.

8/7/08 - EAD, AP, AOS touched.

8/19/08 - Got an RFE for I-485... Fixing it.

8/22/08 - Biometrics taken in Portland.

10/08 - Another Bio (for work authorization card).

-- received my work authorization card and advance parole papers in meantime--

1/15/09 - AOS INTERVIEW *faints* in Seattle, Washington.

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Its all in the guide link at the top of the page. :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Can you file the form before 90 days? Just in case, anything might happen between 90 days and there is a chance one can't fix the problem before 90 days.

I don't know if it's true, We were told by the IO at our interview that early removal/renewal of 2 yr green card will result to denial.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.