sasaqlain

Biometric's Taking longer for EAD/I-485

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filed for AOS on January 13, 2009. Received NOA's for EAD/AOS/AP dated 01-22-09. As per timelines I have come across this forum or even according to USCIS, i should have received my biometrics letter for EAD atleast. I called CRIS two weeks ago and they assured me that I should expect a letter in days to come, and if i dont, I should contact them when 30 days period is over. I called them again on 02-24-09 and placed a service request. Now, I it is my understanding that I can schedule an Infopass after a wait of 45 days. CRIS gave me service placement Numbers for my calls. Can i follow up with them on my case and find out if any action has been taken on my requests. Second and most important. Can I schedule an INFOPASS before that. Why should one have to waste another month and a half. Any way out? My agony is that I need the EAD for SSN and Drivers License. Without which I am useless in this country.

Regards,

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Timeline

It is just over a month since you mailed your application, there is no deadline for getting your biometrics appointment some people get one in just a few weeks others have to wait longer, it all depends on how busy your local ASC is. You are well within the normal processing time, This is very much a waiting game and its hard to see others moving faster than you.

Pull up a seat and relax, your appointment will arrive when it does.

Timeline

My concern is not the long wait, but USPS's track record. They lost one of my NOA's for I-130 before. Secondly, I dont see the logic here. One should be able to approach USCIS when there is a delay. Why wait months before scheduling an appointment and actually be able to meet somebody who has actual info related to your case. These outsourced human operators know nothing when you call them. No SSN, No Drivers License.......Its tough to just stay at home and wait.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Saspak, I understand your frustration cause I'm in the same boat. I filed on January 3 and my NOAs are dated January 8, still no bio invitation. I filed service request two weeks ago but so far didn't get any response from them. Called them yesterday and asked if they can track the status of my service request but was told that it's impossible and that I should wait for 45 days and then call again and place another request. By the way, when I called last time I was told to wait for reply for 30 days, and not for 45. I don't understand why we should waste one and a half month not even knowing if our service request is in the system (there were no updayes on their site). I am going to wait till 30 days period is over and if there is still nothing, make an infopas appointment.

6 December 2008 - our wedding!!!

3 January 2009 - AOS package sent to Chicago lockbox

5 January - document received by USCIS

8 January - 3 NOAs issued (485, 765, 131)

12 January - NOA hard copies received by mail

13 January - AOS, EAD touched

19 January AP touched

10 February - placed a service request regarding biometrics appointment

23 February - biometrics appointment issued

11 March - AP approved and approval notice sent

14 March - biometrics at San Marcos ASC

16 March - EAD card production ordered

16 March - AP received in the mail

16 March - AOS touched

26 March - EAD received in the mail

9 April - Invitation for the interview received in the mail (issued 6 April)

13 May - AOS INTERVIEW!!! APPROOVED!!!!

15 May - Card production ordered!

21 May - Welcome Notice received in the mail

15 June - Card production ordered again

22 June - Green Card received in the mail!!! Woohoo!!! (dated 13 May 2009)

Filed: Timeline
My concern is not the long wait, but USPS's track record. They lost one of my NOA's for I-130 before. Secondly, I dont see the logic here. One should be able to approach USCIS when there is a delay. Why wait months before scheduling an appointment and actually be able to meet somebody who has actual info related to your case. These outsourced human operators know nothing when you call them. No SSN, No Drivers License.......Its tough to just stay at home and wait.

Sorry but if you are going to pull your hair out at this early stage of your journey you are in for a lot of stress. The reason we all have to wait months is because we are not the only person applying for AOS and the numbers of applications effects how long it takes for you to get your case completed.

If working as soon as you arrived was a major issue for you them you should have gone the CR-1 route instead of the K-1, but as the K-1 is not a work visa but a visa to get married your lack of work authorization is no consern of USCIS. They will process your case in line with all the other people who applied at the same time as you. You can approch USCIS when your case is outside of the normal processing timeframe but as of now you are well within the timeframe quoted on the USCIS website.

The 1-800 line is not staffed by USCIS officers it is a call center that has very limited access to your case, they can not see anything other than what you can see on the case status look-up on the USCIS website.

If 90 days have passed and you have not heard anything about your EAD you can make an infopass appointment at your local office and enquire about sending a request for it to me issued.

Until then you just have to wait.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Both I485 and I765 have to receive biometrics appointments. The biometrics appointments are sent separately for each application, or on the same letter. If not both applications (I765 and I485) are listed on the biometrics appointment, it means that you must receive a second biometrics appointment for the application not listed on the first appointment letter. You have to go to both appointments, if they are on separate dates, or your application for which you did not take biometrics will be considered abandoned (although you will have the same fingerprints and face, you have to go to both appointments if on different dates, or ask the officers at the Application center where USCIS takes your fingerprints and photo, to honor the second application - this will be more like a favor they could do to you, not the rule or regulation, so act accordingly toward the officers).

I did not received the biometrics appointment for about 48 days after the date listed on the NOAs. I too scheduled a service request, about 2 weeks after the call to USCIS I also scheduled an InfoPass. At the InfoPass, the lady IO consulted the system and told me that she sent an email to the National Benefit Center, to inquire about the applications that I sent, and why it takes so long to process. She informed me that I should receive some form of notification from the National Center, and if I did not - in 30 days, to call and place a service request. At that point, I told her that I already placed a service request and that I received no notification from the National center, and she replied "you should have waited for the answer, the service request is still pending if less than 30 days have passed since you placed it".

The result of the InfoPass was that 1 day later I received a letter from the local office (not the National Center), in response to the service request, informing me that the application was entered into the system that schedules the biometrics, but since the local application support centers (places where they take the biometrics) were pretty busy, they cannot tell me when the appointment will be. 3 days after the InfoPass, the same local office issued the biometrics appointment.

It took about 3 weeks after the biometrics appointment and I received both the AP and the EAD.

Bottom line: as other said before me, a service request means NOTHING. Of course, if you don't get an answer from the USCIS in 30 days from placing the service request, you can call and tell the operator the number given to you as the follow up number for your service placed. But a service request will solve NOTHING for you.

Going for an InfoPass, you might get to an immigration officer kind enough to place an email for you at the National center, and hence speed up the process.

If you go for an InfoPass, don't tell the officer you placed a service request, unless asked about it.

Good luck, stay tight, you'll be OK sooner or later (hopefully sooner than later).

11/17/08 : Application sent (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

11/28/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) for all 4 forms (forms issued on 11/26/2008)

12/18/2008: LUD on I-130, I-131, I-765

01/29/2009: Bio done

01/29, 30/2009: LUD on I485 and I765

2/10/2009: issued AP, valid 1 year for multiple entries.

2/23/2009: Got EAD card

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/01/2009: Card production ordered.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

No RFE at all along the process.

Timeline

map1map,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your time. It could not have been more detailed. I am grateful. Having gone through your reply, I know now that I am not the only suffer and patience is indeed required. I shall go about it as advised.

Regards and thank you all for anwering my query.

IR5 For Parent

map1map,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your time. It could not have been more detailed. I am grateful. Having gone through your reply, I know now that I am not the only suffer and patience is indeed required. I shall go about it as advised.

Regards and thank you all for anwering my query.

I just wanted to add that after checking and waiting for my biometric letters I only received 1 biometric appointent letter for the I-485 only after calling for a service request. About 1 month after my biometric appointment USCIS sent my EAD card in the mail. They did not provide any status updates or send any approved notices. I think they enjoy making people stress and wait.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.