Pook

How log you have to wait for Biometric Appointment letter

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

First of all I just send my document to adjust my status. They got it on 5 Feb and they send NOA back to me on 9 Feb ( I got a letter on 15 Feb). My friend who send document at the same time like me got their appointment already but I'm not. How long it's gonna take? and Can I walk in to have it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
First of all I just send my document to adjust my status. They got it on 5 Feb and they send NOA back to me on 9 Feb ( I got a letter on 15 Feb). My friend who send document at the same time like me got their appointment already but I'm not. How long it's gonna take? and Can I walk in to have it?

normally comes not long(if not at the same time) with the NOA, but there is no real timeframe. just be patient.

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Probably it's time to update your signature, and timeline. :whistle:

Normally biometric schedule is straight forward, and it usually take around one month from the case acceptance date.

If your's takes longer than that, you may try to call USCIS to find out what's going on.

There are some occasions that your biometric schedule letter may be lost in the mail delivery.

Biometric is pretty much standard practice unless you took biometric with USCIS within 15 months.

But I-485 case need to take digital picture for green card, so you may have to take biometric schedule any way.

I believe I-485 needs fingerprint plus digitial picture.

Wait until the end of Feb!

If you don't hear anything until early March, you can contact USCIS to ask for biometric schedule. :whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i didn't get mine until after 2 months. that was really frustrating. i thought i waited the longest but believe me there are still a few december filers who haven't even received a notice for their biometrics appointment yet.

AOS Timeline

Dec. 09, 2008- mailed AOS packet

Dec. 10, 2008- received by V. Bustamante

Dec. 16, 2008- money order payment was cashed

Dec. 22, 2008- received NOAs for I-131; I-485; and I-765 in the mail (yay!)

Feb. 21, 2009- received I-512L (Advance Parole document)

Feb. 24, 2009- biometrics done

Mar. 05, 2009- EAD received

Mar. 05, 2009- case transferred to CSC

Mar. 10, 2009- applied for SSN

Mar. 21, 2009- SSN card received

Apr. 10, 2009- Welcome Notice Received dated 04/06/09

Apr. 13, 2009- Greencard received

If you don't get the appointment letter within 30 days you can call USCIS and do a Service request for one.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

thanks everyone. I try to call USCIS but they said my case still pending. I just wanna make sure that they don't lost my letter or something. I'll wait till the end of this month. Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.