Richard90027

AOS Two years or Ten

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lilia Went for her AOS interview last tuesday and recieved her Welcome letter today. Her letter says she will recieve her permenent resident card in about three weeks and it will expire in TEN years, we were expecting Two years. Has this happened to anyone else or is it common to recieve ten year card?

xl91yv7f.png

Lilia Went for her AOS interview last tuesday and recieved her Welcome letter today. Her letter says she will recieve her permenent resident card in about three weeks and it will expire in TEN years, we were expecting Two years. Has this happened to anyone else or is it common to recieve ten year card?

its not often but its normal. lol... congrats!!! some will receive 2 yrs like me and some are 10 yrs right away... most likely they've stayed 2 yrs or more in the states and or married for 2 yrs or more (like those cr1 visas)... and some other reasons that i may not be aware of lol...

God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

interesting. i did look at your timeline to find out what visa type you are, i did notice this typo:

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2008-09-09

NOA Date : 2007-09-24

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
See what shows up in the mail. You should only get a two year card since you are married less than two years.

Hi Everyone, Well Lilia got her permanent resident card in the mail today ten days after aos interview and yes it's ten year card with no conditions, we are so happy. the card must be renewed by 02/17/2019. I guess i did all the paperwork from the begining correctly, what a relief its all over.

xl91yv7f.png

Filed: Timeline
See what shows up in the mail. You should only get a two year card since you are married less than two years.

Hi Everyone, Well Lilia got her permanent resident card in the mail today ten days after aos interview and yes it's ten year card with no conditions, we are so happy. the card must be renewed by 02/17/2019. I guess i did all the paperwork from the begining correctly, what a relief its all over.

Congratulations! What is your secret? Inquiring minds want to know!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.