emmaline_g

how do you write an ALBANIAN ADDRESS ???

15 posts in this topic

I am trying to figure out how to write my fiance's Albanian address on an American form. I'm not trying to mail anything to the address, just trying to write it so it makes sense on a form.

For example a form would ask....

Address (Number and Street)

City

State or Province

Post Code

The house doesn't have a street name or number. My fiance told me to write it like this way:

Address (Number and Street): the name of his village

City: the name of the commune(I guess..the specific area)

State or Province: Shkoder

This would probably make more sense if I write the name of the village, etc. but I don't know if that's a great idea since it's the "address".

Does anyone have any experience with this, specifically Albania. I want to make sure what my fiance told me will comply with something I'm filling out ;)

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
I am trying to figure out how to write my fiance's Albanian address on an American form. I'm not trying to mail anything to the address, just trying to write it so it makes sense on a form.

City

State or Province

Post Code

The house doesn't have a street name or number. My fiance told me to write it like this way:

This would probably make more sense if I write the name of the village, etc. but I don't know if that's a great idea since it's the "address".

Does anyone have any experience with this, specifically Albania. I want to make sure what my fiance told me will comply with something I'm filling out ;)

If there is no street name, put the village, city which in your case is shkoder and albania. you should be fine with this.

I-30 JOURNEY

5-21-2008: NOA1

12-18-2008: NOA2

12-29-2008: NVC received Case/Case # assigned

1-5-2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed

1-8-2009: Emailed DS-3032

1-12-2009: Paid AOS Bill

1-13-2009: AOS shows PAID

1-13-2009: DS-3032 Accepted

1-13-2009: IV Bill Generated

1-13-2009: IV Bill Paid

1-14-2009: IV Bill shows PAID

1-20-2009: Sent AOS Packet

1-21-2009: Sent IV Packet

1-23-2009: NVC scanned both AOS/IV

1-29-2009: CASE COMPLETE

3-02-2009: First Medical

3-09-2009: Second Medical (Albania requires 2)

3-11-2009: INTERVIEW (PASSED!!!)

3-13-2009: Received VISA!!!

City

State or Province

Post Code

If there is no street name, put the village, city which in your case is shkoder and albania. you should be fine with this.

thank you for the straight answer beniecenvet :) I was worried I was writing the village, city, etc. in wrong order.

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

My husband lives in Shkoder and they have Lodjias (sp?) there.

His address goes:

Name

Lodjia ( kind of like a village or section of the city, whatever is it) Rr. (street you don't have)

Shkoder (City), Albania

BUT honestly you can put it in any order because the postman is probably related to your fiance and has known him since birth. My husband gets mail from his cousins in the south with his last name Lucaj and Shkoder written on it.

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with what everyone else has said. My husband's family lives on a street with a name, but there is no house number. I just wrote what info I had and they always received everything, never had a problem. From what I understand, in some areas the mail is delivered to the post office and then the recipient will have to go pick it up, so you should be fine if you write all of the info that you have.

You might want to add a phone number on there too, in case they need to call the recipient once it gets to the post office (not that they necessarily will, but it can't hurt).

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline

Hey you guys, I have a question which is completely off topic. I'm sorry but this is the only thread where I see some Albanians (or spouses of Albanians). I had a question about the Police Certificate. Does any of you (or your Albanian spouses) know where to get it? I already went to the reciprocity site, but there were three different options and I don't know which one is about my case. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the three options at the Albania Reciprocity Schedule:

Police Records

Currently, to obtain a criminal document from the District Attorney's office concerning pending and final criminal and civil cases, one needs to go to the District Attorney's office in the district of their residence, present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a document from the District Court concerning any active court cases, one needs to go to the District Court office in one's district of their residence, present and ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a criminal court certificate from the Office of Judicial Status, one needs to go to the Office of Judicial Status in Tirana from Monday through Friday at 8:00 a.m., present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

Again, I'm so sorry for barging in. Hope you understand. :innocent:

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

05-13-2009 NVC website sign on failed

05-14-2009 NVC Case Complete

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

06-02-2009 interview date Assigned

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

Timeline

Happy Tuesday to all.

My wife lives in Tirana and we write her address as:

XX X Suljeman Delvina Apt XX Kat X

I have sent several Fedex packages without any problems.

I have a question:

According to the timelines I should have my I-130 approved in April. How soon should she request the three police reports? Wait until NOA2 or anytime during March?

I already have her signed 3023 (?) and some other documents but not sure when we should request her police reports...

Did your spouses get their new ID cards? My wife picked hers up last week.

How about the new passports?

Have a great day!

rick

Edited by Rick in VA

Hey you guys, I have a question which is completely off topic. I'm sorry but this is the only thread where I see some Albanians (or spouses of Albanians). I had a question about the Police Certificate. Does any of you (or your Albanian spouses) know where to get it? I already went to the reciprocity site, but there were three different options and I don't know which one is about my case. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the three options at the Albania Reciprocity Schedule:

Police Records

Currently, to obtain a criminal document from the District Attorney's office concerning pending and final criminal and civil cases, one needs to go to the District Attorney's office in the district of their residence, present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a document from the District Court concerning any active court cases, one needs to go to the District Court office in one's district of their residence, present and ID and pay the necessary fee.

To obtain a criminal court certificate from the Office of Judicial Status, one needs to go to the Office of Judicial Status in Tirana from Monday through Friday at 8:00 a.m., present an ID and pay the necessary fee.

Again, I'm so sorry for barging in. Hope you understand. :innocent:

From what I remember, we needed all three of those. I only had him get the police certificate prior to the interview and ignored the district court and attorney records. Because of this, we were issued a 221(g) and had to get the documents before they would give my husband his visa. He also had to have them translated into English and notarized. It was very easy to get the papers from what I remember, we were able to get everything done (including the noter and translation) within 24 hours. You can see my review for more info, if this helps. I am Susie on there.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...1&dfilter=5

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Happy Tuesday to all.

My wife lives in Tirana and we write her address as:

XX X Suljeman Delvina Apt XX Kat X

I have sent several Fedex packages without any problems.

I have a question:

According to the timelines I should have my I-130 approved in April. How soon should she request the three police reports? Wait until NOA2 or anytime during March?

I already have her signed 3023 (?) and some other documents but not sure when we should request her police reports...

Did your spouses get their new ID cards? My wife picked hers up last week.

How about the new passports?

Have a great day!

rick

The police certificate are good only for 6 months and after you have to reaply. So i guess you do the math now.

Hello fellow Albanians/Albanian lovers!

I am coming here for help because I don't know what else to do at this point.

My husband REALLY needs a job, he has been out of work for several months now and is starting to really get down on himself. He had two jobs here in NY, but with the economy, they have been very slow and had to make cut backs. He works in construction, and is willing to relocate anywhere in the tri-state area (NY/NJ/Conn) if he can find a job there. He has now been in the USA for one year, but has only worked for a total of about 5 months (on and off), so it has been very difficult for him.

If any of you know someone with an Albanian connection, construction or not, please let me know. He is willing to work other jobs too, since it might not be possible to find something in his area of expertise. He also speaks fluent Italian, so that might help. His English is coming along, but he is by no means fluent.

I hope someone can shine a glimmer of hope on our sour situation. Any advice would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi BabyBlueSusie! I don't know if you remember me but I wrote to you awhile back about my boyfriend getting a visitors Visa to come visit me. I went to visit him in December and had AN AMAZING TIME! He got his visitors visa and will be coming to Minnesota June 4th and then we are returning to Albania for the summer and have rented an apartment in Saranda so we can stay by the seaside.

I know that Bled has tons of connections when it comes to construction in Albania because he owns his own road construction company and I know he has neighbors who live in New York, so when I talk to him tomorrow I will ask him if his neighbors who live there know anyone in construction or know of any other jobs around. I myself would have contacts in St. Paul/Minneapolis, but not on the east coast unfortunetly. I will write back to you once I talk to him to see if he knows anyone on the east coast. Sorry to hear about your bad luck... sadly everyone is being affected by these horrible financial times and I'm sure it's even worse for those who don't speak the language fluently. Hope all is well and I will let you know what he says!

My husband REALLY needs a job, he has been out of work for several months now and is starting to really get down on himself. He had two jobs here in NY, but with the economy, they have been very slow and had to make cut backs. He works in construction, and is willing to relocate anywhere in the tri-state area (NY/NJ/Conn) if he can find a job there. He has now been in the USA for one year, but has only worked for a total of about 5 months (on and off), so it has been very difficult for him.

If any of you know someone with an Albanian connection, construction or not, please let me know. He is willing to work other jobs too, since it might not be possible to find something in his area of expertise. He also speaks fluent Italian, so that might help. His English is coming along, but he is by no means fluent.

I hope someone can shine a glimmer of hope on our sour situation. Any advice would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Hi BabyBlueSusie! I don't know if you remember me but I wrote to you awhile back about my boyfriend getting a visitors Visa to come visit me. I went to visit him in December and had AN AMAZING TIME! He got his visitors visa and will be coming to Minnesota June 4th and then we are returning to Albania for the summer and have rented an apartment in Saranda so we can stay by the seaside.

I know that Bled has tons of connections when it comes to construction in Albania because he owns his own road construction company and I know he has neighbors who live in New York, so when I talk to him tomorrow I will ask him if his neighbors who live there know anyone in construction or know of any other jobs around. I myself would have contacts in St. Paul/Minneapolis, but not on the east coast unfortunetly. I will write back to you once I talk to him to see if he knows anyone on the east coast. Sorry to hear about your bad luck... sadly everyone is being affected by these horrible financial times and I'm sure it's even worse for those who don't speak the language fluently. Hope all is well and I will let you know what he says!

Thank you!!

Thanks for the response!! Of course I remember you. That is great that your boyfriend was able to get a visitor's visa!! I hope that we are able to get some for Adriano's family in the future. It is good to know that they are letting some Albanians come visit.

Thank god, Adriano was actually able to find a job in NY, but it is not in his particular area of construction. He specializes in high quality stone work, masonry and tiling, and the job that he got is doing roofing for schools. So it is not ideal, but it is something for now. So that being said, it would still be wonderful if your boyfriend has any connections that he can pass along, because Adriano would definitely like to work within his trade, and one day start his own business. I hope you have a wonderful summer. I have heard that Saranda is one of the most beautiful places in Albania. I am sure it will be a great summer for you both.

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

Thank you!!

Thanks for the response!! Of course I remember you. That is great that your boyfriend was able to get a visitor's visa!! I hope that we are able to get some for Adriano's family in the future. It is good to know that they are letting some Albanians come visit.

Thank god, Adriano was actually able to find a job in NY, but it is not in his particular area of construction. He specializes in high quality stone work, masonry and tiling, and the job that he got is doing roofing for schools. So it is not ideal, but it is something for now. So that being said, it would still be wonderful if your boyfriend has any connections that he can pass along, because Adriano would definitely like to work within his trade, and one day start his own business. I hope you have a wonderful summer. I have heard that Saranda is one of the most beautiful places in Albania. I am sure it will be a great summer for you both.

I spoke with Bled yesterday and it looks like the people he knows in New York would have no construction connections as they are both in computers. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm glad to hear that Adriano found something in the meantime! Are you guys planning on visiting Albania anytime soon?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post removed at poster's request.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thank you!!

I spoke with Bled yesterday and it looks like the people he knows in New York would have no construction connections as they are both in computers. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm glad to hear that Adriano found something in the meantime! Are you guys planning on visiting Albania anytime soon?

I don't think we will make it to Albania this summer, as we had originally planned. Adriano being out of work really set us back financially in terms of that, so hopefully we can make it out there for Christmas. If we can't afford to buy tickets for both of us, I hope that he can at least go alone and visit his family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.