doodlebugg

where to buy cellphone in arabic

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband wants to buy his sisters a cellphone each and I'm supposed to look some up that are compatible to vodaphone and have arabic as the language. I tried but failed unless he wants to buy it via ebay which I totally am against since I did that once and it was a nice $120 dollar paperweight. Any ideas other than him just sending the money and having them buy it? He would but he knows they would never spend it on something like that.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I recently bought a motorola razr on www.tigerdirect.com for a family member, and it came with arabic writing on it (keys, letters) and of course it was a language in the menu as well. The razr is a quad band and will work with any GSM in the world (Vodaphone included)

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband took his AT&T cellphone with him and in Egypt he downloaded a compatible program and now his phone reads in Arabic. You may want to check with some cell phone carriers, they can tell you compatible phones internationally. Good Luck!

January 16, 2013 - I-129F Petition Sent USPS
January 22, 2013 - Petition Delivery Confirmed
January 25, 2013 - NOA1 Email and Text Confirmation
January 30, 2013 - "Touched" Alien Number Generated
January 31, 2013 - NOA1 Letter Received via "snail mail"
June 21, 2013 - Transferred from Vermont

July 6, 2013 - Actual Approval but error did not generate our NOA2

July 17, 2013 - Service Request via USCIS (6 months)

July 22, 2013 - Approval affirmed via USCIS.gov new NOA2 generated

August 2013 - NVC Case # Generated

August 28, 2013 - Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

September 2013 - Medical Complete

October 22, 2013 - Packet returned complete to Embassy via DHL

February 2014 - Interview letter received

March 24, 2014- Interview - EGYPT

April 4 & 7, 2014 - Case Touched Twice - Requested Expedite due to Beneficiary's Mothers Passing (4/1/14)

April 7, 2014 - Passport sent to Embassy via DHL

April 14, 2014 - VISA Received

April 18, 2014 - Flight to USA

July 11, 2014 - MARRIED!!!!

August ,2015 - AOS finally filed ;-)

August ,2015 - RFE

September 2015 - Returned RFE information

November ,2015 - EAD Approved

November ,2015 - EAD Received

December ,2015- AOS Approved

December ,2015- 2 year Green Card Received

November 13, 2016 my little brother passed away :-(

December ,2017 Lift conditions InshaAllah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think you mean that the keypad itself is in Arabic, right? If so, you could find them at various places online, but they're going to be shipped to you from over there, and you'll end up paying a lot more than if you bought it there.

If you don't need an arabic keypad, then like Shyflower said, you could install programs that would convert the language. We just got the Blackberry Storm, and I'm pretty sure there is an easy way to "Arabize" it with the software that it comes with - I can check it out and let you know.

As long as the phone is GSM and unlocked it will work there - you'd just need to slip in the Egyptian Vodafone SIM card.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
I think you mean that the keypad itself is in Arabic, right? If so, you could find them at various places online, but they're going to be shipped to you from over there, and you'll end up paying a lot more than if you bought it there.

Not true. My razr had an arabic keypad and was shipped locally from the US, no extra fee. I didnt even expact the arabic keypad, but oh well.

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Phones are much cheaper there than here... I bought a nice brand new Nokia phone there for $40. I bought one here (same type) used for about that much, and I had to pay people there to "unlock" it and it never did work well.

Of course all the kids in Egypt have fancier phones than I bought... but I was looking for something well made, easy to use and durable. Didn't have a camera etc. I'm shocked at how much money Egyptians spend on cell phones given their typical income.

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

You might try: Souq.com

My husband bought a laptop in tip-top shape from there when we were in Dubai.

Otherwise, you might look up an electronics store over there where you could buy the phone online and have it shipped to the sister's address.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really ebay is a good option for this. Just make sure that you check on the feedbacks for the person trying to sell the item and how long as an ebay customer.

Also, always check with your carrier and you might get a cheap offer through their upgrade process. Sometimes, I dont mind the contract if the carrier is good. Depending on the career; they can unlock the phone for international usage either in 48 hours or a month. Just let them know that you will be using your cellphone abroad with local SIM card.

The arabic keypad and the language software - I have no idea about it. Hope this helps.

--------------------------------

Aug 30, 2008 -- Married in Cairo

Oct 28, 2009 -- Wife arrived USA

Sep 6, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Sep 13, 2011 -- NOA received date.

Sep 29, 2011 -- Biometric appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you don't need an arabic keypad, then like Shyflower said, you could install programs that would convert the language. We just got the Blackberry Storm, and I'm pretty sure there is an easy way to "Arabize" it with the software that it comes with - I can check it out and let you know.

As long as the phone is GSM and unlocked it will work there - you'd just need to slip in the Egyptian Vodafone SIM card.

Do you know if my LG Envy II will work over there like that? I have no idea about these things.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you know if my LG Envy II will work over there like that? I have no idea about these things.

Does it have a sim card? If so, you can get it unlocked before you go. Then buy a sim card in Egypt and put it in there!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does it have a sim card? If so, you can get it unlocked before you go. Then buy a sim card in Egypt and put it in there!

I dunno. :( I'll ask Waleed. He can look at it online and tell me.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.