ellmvl

Medical exam while under chemotherapy

8 posts in this topic

Hello fellow VJers, it's been a long time since my last post. I just had my mastectomy last Jan. 28, 2009 and found out that it is a stage 2B breast cancer. Tomorrow (Feb. 23) I am going to start my chemotherapy and i'll be getting this every after 21 days for 6 sessions...so prolly i'll be done by June. Our case is still @ the NVC, sometime this week my husband will send the DS-230 to them. I am just wondering, if ever our case will be completed and sent to Manila while I'm still on chemotherapy, will this gonna be an issue on my medical exam? I am so eager to hear anything about this, so we know what to expect. Things are so stressful for us lately and what's more depressing is that things are delaying on our visa process due to this health issue...which means I won't be able to hold my husband anytime soon. Money has been tight too so he can't make a flight to come visit me after all the expenses we incurred during my surgery and my coming chemotherapy. (Sighs)

Thanks for reading and if you have any idea that you can share with me will be appreciated. God bless us all!

ZlYHm6.png

Ate Cris :innocent: I am praying for you.

Hope everything will go fine.

I am really with you Ate Cris.

May God Bless you and your family :innocent:

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Ate Cris :innocent: I am praying for you.

Hope everything will go fine.

I am really with you Ate Cris.

May God Bless you and your family :innocent:

Thank you girl! Your prayer will be helpful for this battle. Anyway, congratulation on passing your medical exam...when are you gonna have your interview? Ingat always. God bless you girl!

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hello fellow VJers, it's been a long time since my last post. I just had my mastectomy last Jan. 28, 2009 and found out that it is a stage 2B breast cancer. Tomorrow (Feb. 23) I am going to start my chemotherapy and i'll be getting this every after 21 days for 6 sessions...so prolly i'll be done by June. Our case is still @ the NVC, sometime this week my husband will send the DS-230 to them. I am just wondering, if ever our case will be completed and sent to Manila while I'm still on chemotherapy, will this gonna be an issue on my medical exam? I am so eager to hear anything about this, so we know what to expect. Things are so stressful for us lately and what's more depressing is that things are delaying on our visa process due to this health issue...which means I won't be able to hold my husband anytime soon. Money has been tight too so he can't make a flight to come visit me after all the expenses we incurred during my surgery and my coming chemotherapy. (Sighs)

Thanks for reading and if you have any idea that you can share with me will be appreciated. God bless us all!

First of all I wish you all the best that everything turns out fine and you'll be better soon. I'll pray for you as well.

Regarding your question about the medical examination. I think you still can go there. Maybe you can call and ask ahead of time. But actually they are checking your lungs with X-Rays, are you allowed to do that during your chemotherapy? Then they check your blood for HIV and maybe some other deseases and urine. After that the doc checks your eyes and ears and asks you some questions. So as long as you tell them before starting the tests it should be fine. Hope this helps you a little bit.

K-1 Visa Timeline

2008-09-25: Sent I-129F

2009-02-24: Visa Received!!!!

US Entry : 2009-03-06

Marriage : 2009-04-16

AOS and EAD Timeline

2009-05-08: Sent AOS and EAD Application

2009-05-15: Check cashed

2009-05-15: NOA dated (both I-765 and I-485)

2009-05-18: NOAs received

2009-05-20: Touch I-765 and I-485

2009-05-21: Letter for biometrics appointment in mail

2009-05-22: Visit ASC for biometrics / Touch I-765 and I-485

2009-05-25: Touch I-765 and I-485

2009-06-05: original biometrics appointment

2009-06-26: EAD card production ordered (finally!!)

2009-07-02: Received EAD card in the mail

2009-07-09: Received Interview letter

2009-07-10: Requested reschedule of interview

2009-08-19: scheduled interview (didn't go)

2009-08-21: Denial letter reveived

2009-08-28: Discussion with local office. Reschedule request forwarded to officer

2009-09-05: Reschedule request denied

2009-09-11: Another discussion with local office. Endresult: Interview :) Medical information is missing

2009-09-14: Contacted Embassy in Frankfurt to request a copy of medical

2009-09-29: Recieved medical from Frankfurt and submited it to USCIS

2009-10-01: Green Card production ordered

First of all I wish you all the best that everything turns out fine and you'll be better soon. I'll pray for you as well.

Regarding your question about the medical examination. I think you still can go there. Maybe you can call and ask ahead of time. But actually they are checking your lungs with X-Rays, are you allowed to do that during your chemotherapy? Then they check your blood for HIV and maybe some other deseases and urine. After that the doc checks your eyes and ears and asks you some questions. So as long as you tell them before starting the tests it should be fine. Hope this helps you a little bit.

Thank you for your reply and your prayers. God bless you! I talked to my oncologist and asked him if it's ok for me to get some vaccinations while im on the therapy and he said NO, I can't get any vaccinations until we're finish. So I am not sure if the embassy will allow me to go through my interview without the vaccinations and have all done in the US. IF not, then i guess I should just resched my interview and medical exam after my therapy.

Thank you again!

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

They have to make sure that you are healthy prior to your interview. Medical at SLEC is an SOP. It is also good that the doctor at SLEC must know your condition to give you an advice too..

I will be praying that everthing will goes well with your medication. Dont stress yourself too much that would aggravate you more (healthwise) be strong and pray alot okey? God bless you dear

Edited by gennyangel

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Salamat gennyangel for your prayer. I learned a good news from a friend who happened to be in same situation but she's already through with the embassy and granted a fiance visa...she told me that I can still go with my medical exam as long as I will bring all my medical records and inform the doctors in St. Luke that I am on a chemotherapy so I will be given an option to have all the vaccinations done in the US (actually everyone is given that option) She said that my health issue right now is not something contagious unless they find out something else during the examination (which I'm hoping im all cleared) So I guess we can just continue the process and continue my therapy at the same time...and when it's all done I can finally hold and kiss my husband haha...God is great!!! Thank you guys!

ZlYHm6.png

That sounds like great news ell! Please keep us all up to date on how everything goes. I pray everything will go well for you and you'll be able to reunite with your husband very soon! Stay strong!

***Naturalization ***

Submitted N-400: Dec 30, 2015
USPS Delivery Confirmation:
Direct Debit processed: Jan 5, 2015
NOA: Jan 9, 2015
Biometrics Appointment: Jan 28, 2015
Interview: May 7, 2015
Oath Ceremony: still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.