lplkemc

London filing - Time Frames

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

I know everyone asks these type questions, but we are now in a blah situation.

1) We have not filed yet, but will soon. I am just wondering if they can speed up the process at all because my parents are experiencing terriblyill health (suddenly). I am an only child, so obviously we need to get moving. Will it make a difference if we note that in a cover letter or anything?

2) We plan on doing DCF - so if I have to leave the country to care for my parents (with intention to return here to finish things up) can we still DCF if I am out of the country?

Thanks!

If the USC isn't in the military and has deployment orders there probably isn't much chance in getting the petition expedited. You can look at the immigration timelines link at the top of the page, there are stats there for the petition

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Many USC file DCF, and then return to USA shortly after putting the papers in. Is this what you are asking?

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks very much.

I am the USC. I am not in the military, so no deployment!

I know that I can file and then leave the country, but I am wondering if I need to leave the country to care for my parents BEFORE we file - will we still be able to DCF if I am out of the country?

Thanks again for the responses.

Timeline
Thanks very much.

I am the USC. I am not in the military, so no deployment!

I know that I can file and then leave the country, but I am wondering if I need to leave the country to care for my parents BEFORE we file - will we still be able to DCF if I am out of the country?

Thanks again for the responses.

You may run into a problem, the embassy looks at your residency stamp, sometimes if you leave the country and return the residency period starts over again, and will require 6 months residency to DCF.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline
]You may run into a problem, the embassy looks at your residency stamp, sometimes if you leave the country and return the residency period starts over again, and will require 6 months residency to DCF.

I have ILR here in the UK, and have been here nearly 10 years so that should not be a problem should it?

Timeline
]You may run into a problem, the embassy looks at your residency stamp, sometimes if you leave the country and return the residency period starts over again, and will require 6 months residency to DCF.

I have ILR here in the UK, and have been here nearly 10 years so that should not be a problem should it?

Proof of UK Residence: The U.S. petitioner must

provide evidence that he/she has permission to live

and work in the United Kingdom. Submit a copy of

one of the following:

• Appropriate UK Entry Clearance Stamp(s); OR
  • If Dual National, EU Passport – photo page; OR
  • U.S. Military PCS orders assigning you to the UK.
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/forms/i130..._for_spouse.pdf

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

By Entry Clearance Stamp, the stamp may have to be dated 6 months before filing the I-130.

Once you have filed the I130 and it has been approved is up to your spouse to do the visa application, in other words, the Consulate does not expect you to interfere at all, except to provide the I864 .

This, at least was our experience with the London Consulate almost almost 4 years ago, so unless they have changed it, I think you may leave, if you needed to after the I130 has been approved. You don't even have to go to the interview with your spouse. I went, because I wanted to, but there was no need for it.

I guess, at the end of the day is your choice...

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

I've also been wondering the same thing. My grandparents are in horrible help. My grandfather just had a heart attack in January, but he also suffers from an auto-immune disease where his white blood cells kill his platelets. This is causing him to bleed out on a regular basis. He's had 9 units of blood since his surgery. My grandmother who is taking care of him is close to cripple with rheumatoid arthritis. Her back is out and she's having to bathe him. It's sad that I am willing to move across the pond to help them and their own kids don't even call them to check on them weekly. But I need to get home to take care of them. If I filed my I130 DCF with a cover letter like you would give your senator for the expediated paperwork, do you think that would work?

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I asked this specific question to our embassy (Denmark). We have our appointment to file on May 1, but I need to go to the US before then to handle some matters. Their response was:

"As long as you reside permanently in Denmark until your petition is approved, taking a brief trip to the U.S. is not a problem". I then asked them to schedule my interview date, and they replied by email with my appointment and again addressed this issue by saying: In reply to your question if you can visit the U.S.: yes you can, as long as you do not relinquish your (temporary) residence here in Denmark until the petition has been approved."

My advice: check with your local embassy!

You need to be in the country when the petition is filed as far as I am aware. You could go home for a bit, return and file, and then go back again though.

Like the others said, you won't be able to get expedition. However, when it comes time to return the DS-230 Part 1 and the checklist, if you include a note about needing to go home asap because of your parents' health, they may be able to schedule the interview faster.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

I called the customer service number and they gave me a number for the subject line to email the consulate. They said that they could not expedite until the I130 was approved then, you send them the information for your expedition and they will review it. It is not guaranteed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.