5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

TGIfreakinF!!

my SO is ok if anyone was wondering/asking... :blush:

Glad he's okay Princess!

Congrats on the promotion, Philly!

My manager just pulled me into her office to tell me about the job and ask if I am interested, so that she can tell the guy to interview me ASAP :dancing: :joy:

GO SUS! YOU GOT THIS! :thumbs:

Good Morning Ladies,

I want to say congrats to all that had something positive happen. God will see you through to all those that need some encouragement.

I just found out today that my Cr1 was finally complete yesterday which incidentally was my daughters fouth month of blessing me with her presence. :dance:

Happy friday

Congrats Niecy!

Proof That The World Is Nuts

That was pretty funny! I really liked the comments that followed each one!

Thank God its Friday, yall!! Thanks Ellis and Island for the early congrats. We are actually getting married today in 9 hrs and 53mins so yea. I had forgot to change my timeline

Congrats for real this time Nette! :yes:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
People, unuh mus hear mi wen mi tawk yuh nuh :) . Memba at mid-day I said I was going to see if CHRIS sent me any love letter? Well, the mailman didnt come as yet but I just checked and my EAD card was in the mail. Mi sooooon come cause Social Security Office is in front of my house so catch you guys when i come back; I have to go and apply for my SS# as my IV is April 29th and I want to file joint with my husband. See how God good?

For all those waiting on theirs hold firm cause it soon come alright?

KC ...that's great...God is good all the time...u kow how to finish the rest

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone.. HAPPY FRIDAY!!! No honey for me yet... but it's ok.

Quana, I'll be at the grill tonight.

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Quana;

I'll be at the grill tonight also!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lawny u CRAZY!!!

buggy.. u always go the days i don't.. i went from not going to the grill at all, to i think ive been 3 times this mnth already LOL.. i got the kiddos today (frown)

i think it told u bout jaloves bday right?? might be going to ja gates that friday...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

Jawi, so sorry to hear about your brother's situation - and Lawny is right, she cannot do that! He should try to see if he can qualify for legal aide or something - he definitely has to stay strong, calm, and fight - but he has rights as the child's father - He should ask the judge to appoint an advocate for the child - almost all courts have some type of system that they will appoint someone to act as the child's representative and be a neutral party to the parents who can speak to what is in the best interest of the child. While the fight is going on, make sure he documents everything - Sending support on a regular basis, telephone calls, visits - and anything bad that she does, or that the child tells him.

That's a great idea! I used to do that. In Florida it's called a Guardian Ad Litem. Being one you really get to see what parent is up to no good and report it to the judge, who really takes your opinion seriously.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone.. the day is almost done and I'm so ready to go to bed.. sleepy.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

lawny u CRAZY!!!

buggy.. u always go the days i don't.. i went from not going to the grill at all, to i think ive been 3 times this mnth already LOL.. i got the kiddos today (frown)

i think it told u bout jaloves bday right?? might be going to ja gates that friday...

:crying: cho man tap laugh aftah mi :crying: ...unu lucky seh mi live far

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Till the one day when the lady met this fellow,

and they knew they was much more than a hunch.

That this group,

Must somehow form a family.

That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch,

The Brady Bunch- the Brady Bunch

That's the way- we became the Brady Bunch.

When it would come on I would sign it at the top of my lungs :lol:

Marie;

a no u one, mi love it too...my friends say mi head gaane, cause I be singing it in PATWAH!

:rofl: I HAVE GOT to hear that!

Thanks. Not really. I'm at work so, to be honest I don't know what I'm feeling. Its a mix of emotions. :star::hehe::o:help::yes: In my heart, I feel like he's always been my husband so this is just a technically (sp?)

Wow your working on your wedding day?? You are calm. I understand how you feel my SO calls me his sir name all the time... Wonder what it wil be like when the name is legally mine. :unsure:

Aawww! I get that too....even his Grandma would call me Mrs. Davis! He calls me that on the phone all the time so I'm kinda used to it now. The other day he said so sincerely, "I can't wait for the day that you'll really have my last name!" :luv::luv:

ya'll are making me feel really OLD...

ShaNette congrats, I remember the feeling. He made me breakfast, got my son dressed and dropped him at daycare, I was still asleep. I didn't wake up until 9am and had to be at the JP by 11:30. What I remember the most on that day was the smile on his face, when I woke up and he said, today, you're going to be my wife and my best friend. He smilled during the entire ceremony and I loved it and reminded me why I love him so much.

I'm so happy for you Nette.

:luv::luv: That is so sweet!

Thanks Ellsinlove, God knew why he allowed us to meet each other cause I was diagnosed too and we actually met in the waiting room at the hospital while waiting to be called for radiation therapy. He knew that at a time as this Stan would need someone who understand what he is going through and be there for him with compassion. It is tough but wew are going through. December was scary for me when he was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism (clot in the lungs). he has multiple large clots and the doc thought he would not make it. he lost 20 lbs in 10 days and it was rough but the Lord kept his promise and now he is doing much better and is pain free. Cancer has shrunk a little and that is great hope for us.

Thanks again VJers

It sounds like you were destined to be together and hold eachother up! Praying for that cancer to keep shrinking away until it is nothing but a memory.

Good Morning Family, Happy Friday!

So I just want to let you guys know that I am back to being a contributing member of society!!!

I got a JOB!!!! Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Going to mail my offer letter back lata!!

CONGRATS PORTLAND! :dance:

People, unuh mus hear mi wen mi tawk yuh nuh :) . Memba at mid-day I said I was going to see if CHRIS sent me any love letter? Well, the mailman didnt come as yet but I just checked and my EAD card was in the mail. Mi sooooon come cause Social Security Office is in front of my house so catch you guys when i come back; I have to go and apply for my SS# as my IV is April 29th and I want to file joint with my husband. See how God good?

For all those waiting on theirs hold firm cause it soon come alright?

And congrats on getting your EAD card!

A lot of great news today!! :dance::dance:

Timeline

lawny.. mi guine come pick ya up tonight fi di dance.. tell ya usband and pickney so dem nuh worry.. a TX ya ago sweethart!!! LMAO!!!

ladies.. i concur... i have been mrs gayle in spirit and he does call me that.. chaquana grant gayle HEEHEE.. get this one day i sent RG an email and u know how u have ur siggy at the bottom or ur business mail..

for fun, i changed it to

Chaquana Gayle

Social Security Administration

LOL.. RG was like, did u change it for real baby??? :huh:

i said, BABY.. cmon.. mi cyaan do a ting.. my coworkers would be like WHO????????????????????

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline

buggy.. girl.. i just don't know how u do it.. u talk to hubby everyday too???.. i think i would have withheld communication (u know like when u withhold sex.. i know none of us do that LOL) until he let me know wus up..

i can appreciate him making it special, but dyam this suspense is killing even ME.. i would laugh and smile the first couple of days but after this long i would be like :ranting:

LMAO.. i admire u for keeping it together!

lawny.. mi guine come pick ya up tonight fi di dance.. tell ya usband and pickney so dem nuh worry.. a TX ya ago sweethart!!! LMAO!!!

ladies.. i concur... i have been mrs gayle in spirit and he does call me that.. chaquana grant gayle HEEHEE.. get this one day i sent RG an email and u know how u have ur siggy at the bottom or ur business mail..

for fun, i changed it to

Chaquana Gayle

Social Security Administration

LOL.. RG was like, did u change it for real baby??? :huh:

i said, BABY.. cmon.. mi cyaan do a ting.. my coworkers would be like WHO????????????????????

a'rite Quana; mi ago look fi mi XXXXXX batti ridah shats

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.