SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG! It took me ALL afternoon & evening to catch up!! Yuh chat too much yaardie!

Ok... since it's taken me so long to catch up I forgot what responses I had, so I'll just leave it. Now my hubby is not here but he is on his way. I've narrowed down the date to Fri or Sat. My friends and him have been throwing hints, but all of dem have different stories?!?!?! So I'm just trusting my instincts, lol. So I think I should have a post soon telling ya'll that he's here. I CAN'T WAIT!!! HAVE NOT SEEN HIM SINCE JUNE 08!!!

How did you do it? I am looking at the future and think it will be quite a while before I get to see my Hubby and it is driving us both crazy....(and I just left him last week). Part of my problem is when I want something I will do anything to have it.....so, I want to be with him and it is making me crazy figuring out how! How often do you guys talk? Just looking for some sort of info on how to get through this LDR without going crazy.

GIRL... it's hard, but we do talke EVERYDAY at least 2 times. But I need to see him! Soon, soon!

safe travels to nat.. her and her SO look like they have so much fun together..

mrs buggy.. glad the time is winding down, i dont know how u handle the suspense.. we are trying to do something for Jalove's birthday on april 10 if u (or u and hubby) are free. we gonna try ja gates..

jengy good luck w/ the job hunting.. i agree, ur photography is off the chain!!!, u should show ur work to some people, maybe even magazines.. i know ur pics are BEAUTIFUL sunny

be blessed in pursuing ur education jamerican.. u be able to crack some backs after u wax the pums LOL..

I will be there Quana... just let me know when. Well, we will be there... i'm SURE he'll be here by then!

So, I found out right as I left work today that one of the people in my dept is leaving - and I already do 99% of her job, lol - So, I am trying to be the good little employee and put my best foot forward - but I want that role - It pays a SIGNIFICANT more in salary and is bonus eligible!!

I was going to say my prayers will go out to you, but HE beat me to it!! LOL

ummm.. kcoy.. food sounds good and guess i didn't realize hubby was at home thats good.. girl i feel ya on the movie thing, but i just love to get dress up and go out on the town, i don't care if its a movie or eating or dancing.. mi like fi dress up LOL

jonsie, that movie sounds interesting, i think i remember seeing a clip

alright ladies, im out..

i am sleepy and will NOT be going out 2night.. need to catch up on my sleep..

have a good one EVERYBODY..

It taste good too, you know dat Jamaicans CAN COOK.. A OH. Enjoy going out too but as my hubby is not doing too well we stay home most of the time. he is getting treatment for final stage cancer but he is doing much better than he was last year.

Congrats on the promotion, Philly!

My manager just pulled me into her office to tell me about the job and ask if I am interested, so that she can tell the guy to interview me ASAP :dancing: :joy:

Yes, I need to save all my vacation/sick time. Plus I get off @ 11 on Fridays so its not that bad. Well yall have a good day and weekend. The next time I log on to VJ I will be a "young married woman", I'll never call myself old lol. Okay take care.

Congratulations on your nuptials!!!

buggy.. girl.. i just don't know how u do it.. u talk to hubby everyday too???.. i think i would have withheld communication (u know like when u withhold sex.. i know none of us do that LOL) until he let me know wus up..

i can appreciate him making it special, but dyam this suspense is killing even ME.. i would laugh and smile the first couple of days but after this long i would be like :ranting:

LMAO.. i admire u for keeping it together!

I've tried everything.. but girl, i can't w/hold talking to him, lol... i tried and when he calls, I ANSWER!!! LOL

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, unuh mus hear mi wen mi tawk yuh nuh :) . Memba at mid-day I said I was going to see if CHRIS sent me any love letter? Well, the mailman didnt come as yet but I just checked and my EAD card was in the mail. Mi sooooon come cause Social Security Office is in front of my house so catch you guys when i come back; I have to go and apply for my SS# as my IV is April 29th and I want to file joint with my husband. See how God good?

For all those waiting on theirs hold firm cause it soon come alright?

And the blessing keep flowing Congrats Kcoy :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey girls wha gwaan,

So i went shopping on lunch and was feeling pretty good and them my damn credit union called and said im late on my car note, im like WHA i have payroll deduction so yall should be DEDUCTING it, meaning if yall aint deducting it for whatever reason then YALL are late :ranting: anyway, come to find out my job changed there payroll processing company which changed my payroll acct number by one digit and the credit union didnt catch it...WHATEVA, im not calling and begging no one to take my money ( though i should have but whateva) so now they saying we need you to pay this amount TODAY cause if we dont and we extend you one month of skipping a payment, EVEN though it was there fault they didnt catch it, hell i got plenty other bills to pay to spread the love around... Soooo they saying if you skip a month that is gonna change your interest rate BLAH BLAH BLAH and increase your car payment by x amount of dollars.. so basically i had to shell out 300 dollars i was saving for JA, shoot that was my WEAVE money, so im hotter than fish grease!!!!!

SHoot i do every other damn ting myself, nails, eyelashes, manis, and pedis, guess im gonna have to figure out how to weave it up .... im so damn VEX right now.....!!!!! :angry::protest::ranting:

oh yeah my original question before i went off on a tangent, does anyone know where i can find one of those bra's with the clear straps on them, cause a strapless bra isnt gonna hold these girls up!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thats messed up honey.. i hate when u already have an idea of how ur money will flow and something come in and throws u off.. u ain't got no bootleg hook up a friend, or cousin or friend daught.. u know them teenagers will hook u up for lil or nothing..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Applied for my SS#. In and out in less than 30 minites.

People, unuh mus hear mi wen mi tawk yuh nuh :) . Memba at mid-day I said I was going to see if CHRIS sent me any love letter? Well, the mailman didnt come as yet but I just checked and my EAD card was in the mail. Mi sooooon come cause Social Security Office is in front of my house so catch you guys when i come back; I have to go and apply for my SS# as my IV is April 29th and I want to file joint with my husband. See how God good?

For all those waiting on theirs hold firm cause it soon come alright?

And the blessing keep flowing Congrats Kcoy :thumbs:

Thanks Phillyfashionista.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Hey girls wha gwaan,

So i went shopping on lunch and was feeling pretty good and them my damn credit union called and said im late on my car note, im like WHA i have payroll deduction so yall should be DEDUCTING it, meaning if yall aint deducting it for whatever reason then YALL are late :ranting: anyway, come to find out my job changed there payroll processing company which changed my payroll acct number by one digit and the credit union didnt catch it...WHATEVA, im not calling and begging no one to take my money ( though i should have but whateva) so now they saying we need you to pay this amount TODAY cause if we dont and we extend you one month of skipping a payment, EVEN though it was there fault they didnt catch it, hell i got plenty other bills to pay to spread the love around... Soooo they saying if you skip a month that is gonna change your interest rate BLAH BLAH BLAH and increase your car payment by x amount of dollars.. so basically i had to shell out 300 dollars i was saving for JA, shoot that was my WEAVE money, so im hotter than fish grease!!!!!

SHoot i do every other damn ting myself, nails, eyelashes, manis, and pedis, guess im gonna have to figure out how to weave it up .... im so damn VEX right now.....!!!!! :angry::protest::ranting:

oh yeah my original question before i went off on a tangent, does anyone know where i can find one of those bra's with the clear straps on them, cause a strapless bra isnt gonna hold these girls up!!!

Hey Girl, sorry to hear that :unsure: like yo need any more drama ! ( Big Hug)

Come on you are one of my Recessionista team players, you got me working wid the lashes now you can do the weave too. I have long hair but dammit since I don't creme my hair I I can't halfway comb it and when I wet it it draws up like the Back raggedy Anne doll LOL. all the pressing is a P. I. M. A. so I weave my own so I don't have to deal with the hair foolnish. Mind you it takes me all dayum day but I braid it and sew it in and it look tuff LOL. I got yuh back JA!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

LOL @ Philly.. shoot there is a teenager at my church who is queen of the quickweave but im not trusting her to get near me with glue...

shoot i was gonna my asian lady Po hook me up but she is expensive... DAGNABIT.. oh well i will figure it out, guess instead of going like Beyonce i will get some cornrows and go looking like :alien: i guess i will ask her, if she can hook a sister up come next saturday and get a price...SIGH

yall now, not everyone can rock cornrows without looking like predator and im one of them,but i didnt want to do zillions cause they thin out my hair

Timeline

oh now yall want to get quiet ???!!!

i have 35 minutes till quitting time....

no one knows where to find the damn bra????

also anyone know of any good job websites, other than monster, careerbuilder and indeed, im feeling its time for a job change??

ok, im gonna force you all to talk?

Timeline

honey mi try fi tell ya.. u can pull it off... u can get layers and wear the top up.. or get it cornrowed to the side and make a bun.. or get the kind of hair tht u can make curly w/ the hot wet rods..

w/ my BIG head, its best to put a part on the side and let the braids branch out instead of braided all the way back.. that helps..

Timeline

LOL, Honey - Not the best time for a job change - think of all the changes you have - is another one gonna help or hurt?

I should have left here half an hour ago and everyone keeps bothering me - Don't they know it's Friday and I am trying to finish my homework, lol!

Try these for bras:

www.barenecessities.com/

www.freshpair.com

www.avenue.com

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh now yall want to get quiet ???!!!

i have 35 minutes till quitting time....

no one knows where to find the damn bra????

also anyone know of any good job websites, other than monster, careerbuilder and indeed, im feeling its time for a job change??

ok, im gonna force you all to talk?

I got mine at Victoria Secrets.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think this is going to be my daughters dress for the wedding.

KK5237BWT.jpg

Edited by dillon

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Hey girls wha gwaan,

Ooh I know you are HOT!!! Why I don't know but when I go to JA I have to have everything tight and right. I love coming out the airport and seeing that expression on his face that says WOW. It always makes it so worth it.. My must have's is pedi, hair , nighties and diff panties and bra sets. Y don't ask me but those are my must ave's... Whenever it looks like I can't pull it all off I'm sick with worry so I know the feeling... Especially with your trip so close!!!

Timeline

Dillon i love the dress....

Sus, your right, i have a few years and some seniority built up at this job so i better sit tight...

Far as Vickys secret every bra i have ever bought from them the damn wire comes out after a time and then im walking around with one up and one hanging down...anyway i will keep looking...thanks

i will try the Ave,

quana, i need visuals... cause as you know, or if you can tell i have a long narrow face with a dbl chin...lol.. and large eyes kind of like this :alien: you have any pics of hair styles, or links?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.