lazylivn

Checking in.....not sure who remembers me.

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Nice to see you :)

Well, I wonder why that changed/changes? Do you think its the stress of everything changing around them?

Anyway, Im glad to hear you are doing well and working through everything :star:

Yes I think that's exactly it. He come here and nothing is like he's used to, nothing was like he thought it was going to be. He's had nothing even resembling a routine in his life since he's been here. For awhile he was having trouble adjusting to even little changes..i.e We would plan on going to the bank then the store when I got home from work....I would call him cause something came up at work and tell him I was going to be late, I'll stop by the bank on the way home before they close and come get you to go to the store. His response was....but you told me.....we had planned.....why are you always changing plans on me? This was an extreme example of it, but it has happened. He had gotten to the point where he was unable to even accept a small change to what he wanted or expected. Things are much better now that he's had some time to adjust but still I'm careful about upsetting the routine or changing plans without too much warning. I'm a go with the flo kind of person...I'm used to always adjusting my plans depending on how the day is going. I really don't need much routine other than a normal sleep pattern. It works well and in my work I need to be like that.

makes sense.

I have to say kudos to you for being so aware of his needs for adjustment and being so sensitive to them :thumbs:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I remember you. :)

Thank you for your honesty. I can relate to some of the things you listed. We've almost wrapped up our second year and unfortunately I can't say we're at the home stretch just yet. I mean in terms of fully adjusting to each other etc. All I can say is continue having very open and honest heart to hearts. I wish you and your husband good luck and hope the future looks brighter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
be open minded and listen to my side as well as his willingness to compromise.

I think thats the key to solve 99% of any issue that arises. :thumbs:

That is absolutely true. In my situtation, he was very open minded and adjusted to change easily.....when he was in Jordan. Here in the USA it's a completely different story.

Yes I can see that. Especially at first with all of the stress of a new environment, etc. Even my husband told me that he has no idea what he's going to be like when he gets here. At first I was like what??? I guess living together versus long distance relationship might change the way you relate to your spouse, your expectations, etc.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.